butler questions

chpal

Hi,

How many Penthouse suites does a butler have to look after on the Regatta?

I know we can order dinner in our suite (PH suite) from any of the dining venues; is it also possible to order lunch from the dining room lunch menu (i.e. not restricted to the room service menu)?

Thanks!

Hi,

How many Penthouse suites does a butler have to look after on the Regatta?

I know we can order dinner in our suite (PH suite) from any of the dining venues; is it also possible to order lunch from the dining room lunch menu (i.e. not restricted to the room service menu)?

Thanks!

The number of cabins which they service varies but I would estimate three to four to be typical on a normal cruise.

Keep in mind that the Butlers have two assistants, usually a male and a female who do the heavy lifting.

Yes, they will bring in luncheon from the Main Dining Room, or from Waves or the Terrace Restaurant.

The Butlers are very accommodating.

I have never seen or met an "assistant" to a butler when we had one.

There is someone covering the butlers when they are "off" but they are not his assistants per se.

They definitely have more that 4 cabins, though I am not sure exactly how many.

This sounds right to me. It may be that the TOP suites are covered by fewer butlers than PH cabins.

I've never seen any of these assistants either although when we've called for service at a time when our butler is officially "off", someone else dressed as a butler has come to our cabin. We don't tend to ask for difficult tasks to be filled ... More like "we need ice".

Mura

Same butlers who have top suites also cover lesser suites. I think my butler on my last cruise (two weeks ago) had one owners suite and 7 or 8 phs He covered the hallway from the aft suite to the elevator bank It may seem like a lot but some people rarely use the butler

I've never seen any of these assistants either although when we've called for service at a time when our butler is officially "off", someone else dressed as a butler has come to our cabin. We don't tend to ask for difficult tasks to be filled ... More like "we need ice".

I was speaking about the cabin attendants.

By now you must noticed that the Butlers don't make the beds or do the bathrooms-

Otherwise, the Butlers fill in for one another during peak periods and there are specialized "night Butlers" who aren't assigned to a specific cabin, but cover off hours. It is my understanding that most Butlers work 8AM to 8PM daily.

How they handle getting/having days off is between them and their tip money.

Currently on Sirena in a PH. Our butler has 16 cabins. The cabin stewardess and her assistant have quite a few more but I don't know the number.

There is always a 'night' butler to handle middle of night calls.

I was speaking about the cabin attendants.

By now you must noticed that the Butlers don't make the beds or do the bathrooms-

Otherwise, the Butlers fill in for one another during peak periods and there are specialized "night Butlers" who aren't assigned to a specific cabin, but cover off hours. It is my understanding that most Butlers work 8AM to 8PM daily.

How they handle getting/having days off is between them and their tip money.

Don't know the number but the cabin attendant and the asst. cabin attendant were always around. One or the other. Also the butler did have some time off during the day when he was covered by another butler. All worked very good. Never had a time when I could not reach one of them.

Sorry, Jim, when I read your first comment it didn't occur to me that the "assistants" you mentioned were the regular room attendants. I thought somehow you meant that the butler has assistants that we probably don't see.

We've never had a problem getting SOMEONE to answer right away when we try to reach the butler.

Currently on Sirena in a PH. Our butler has 16 cabins. The cabin stewardess and her assistant have quite a few more but I don't know the number.

There is always a 'night' butler to handle middle of night calls.

16 is the approx number -- there were 2 butlers per side on deck 8 handling the PH's presume they would each also work a couple of VS and OS suites each. They were paired to the same Housekeeper/Assistant on Deck 8 as they had to work together as a team. Butler responsible for ice and refrigerator. Assist is the toilet person and vacuum. Housekeeper the bed and veranda

House keepers/assistants had approx 18 suites to do.

A great butler makes you think you are the only cabin he services.

I can't ever remember having a bad butler. Some are better than others but all good or even better than good. The one we just had was as good or better than every one of them. Wanted to take him home. :):)

I agree, We've been on 8 cruises on "O" and I can't recall a bad Butler. And yes some are better than others but all good. This best thing I like is how they do their job, always one or two steps ahead of you. I really enjoy the way they bring in breakfast to the suite, not making a sound sitting up. When we open the bedroom door and come out he's "Good Morning" can I pour you a cup of coffee. "Anything special you need done today". It's just a nice way to start your day.........just wish I could afford that at home, but that's one of the ways why I cruise - to enjoy myself.

Rick