Current Captains

lakemurraykid

Have never sailed with Captain Robert Jan before so looking forward to it. IF you hear that Mark Pell is definitely on this sailing, would you mind posting that, please? Thanks!

Sorry, I'll be back at sea around that time. If I hear something before I ship out, I'll let you know

Capt. Robert Jan; for sure a very conscientuous and experienced captain. Takes care of business and liked by his crew

I am happy to know you think so.

His willingness to answer nautical-related questions from a couple of long time, curious pax, without assuming there was a complaint lurking behind, was refreshing.

Is it possible to find out who will be the Captain, Hotel Director and Cruise Director on Zaandam for South America & Antractica cruise starting on Dec 20 2016? I would greatly appreciate the info!

ZADM

Capt Pieter Jan van Maurik

HD Simon Tanner (unconfirmed)

CD unk at this time

Do you know who the captain (and any of the other senior crew) is for the Zaandam? We will be traveling 9/11 -> 9/18.

Thanks for the information.

Judy

ZADM

Capt Pieter Jan "P.J." van Maurik (check his special flag at the stern of his ship)

HD Francois Birarda

CD Unk at this time

DRM Luis Felicissimo Das Neves

ZADM

Capt Pieter Jan "P.J." van Maurik (check his special flag at the stern of his ship)

HD Francois Birarda

CD Unk at this time

DRM Luis Felicissimo Das Neves

Thanks for the info. I will check out his flag.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Copper!!!!

Have not been on this thread so if you already have answered this sorry😟

We will be on The Eurodam on Oct. 9 th out of Venice.

Appreciate your responds!

So sad here

with our fires!!!!!

Have a good night!

Denise:)

Hi Dee; drove by your nice town twice last week on the way to and from San Diego. The I-5 was not a day at the beach! ;) All the best with the wild fires!

EUDM

Capt John Scott

HD Marco van Belleghem

CD Mario Vines

DRM Bijay Kumar Prajapati

Enjoy Venice, the Med and EUDM :)

AMDM

Capt. Fred Eversen

HD Henk Mensink

CD Gene Young

DRM unk at this time

Gene Young - the very best CD ....ever. :D

Any word on the 28 Day CD for the Veendam Collector Cruise this October, 2016- Montreal to San Diego?

I think you already reported we switch captains mid-cruise. So does that mean there might be two CD's as well? How much of a top staff changes when the captain changes. And lastly, does a Captain have any influence over who his senior staff will be. Thnx.

Edited by OlsSalt

Gene Young - the very best CD ....ever. :D

Any word on the 28 Day CD for the Veendam Collector Cruise this October, 2016- Montreal to San Diego?

I think you already reported we switch captains mid-cruise. So does that mean there might be two CD's as well? How much of a top staff changes when the captain changes. And lastly, does a Captain have any influence over who his senior staff will be. Thnx.

VEDM

Capt Noel O'Driscoll (all the way)

HD Bart Groeneveld

CD Christina Purcell relieved by Jeremy Whited

DRM Tom Grindlay (one of the best!)

Captains usually work three mos on/three mos off so any other staff changes the same day are purely coincidental. Captains definitely have a say into who are assigned to their bridge team; Hotel Dept, not so much

VEDM

Capt Noel O'Driscoll (all the way)

HD Bart Groeneveld

CD Christina Purcell relieved by Jeremy Whited

DRM Tom Grindlay (one of the best!)

Captains usually work three mos on/three mos off so any other staff changes the same day are purely coincidental. Captains definitely have a say into who are assigned to their bridge team; Hotel Dept, not so much

Thanks, we have been now following CD Christina all over the world now ..... or is it the other way around? She gets some great assignments. Good to know the DRM is well covered - do they have any influence over the food, or just the service side of the kitchen?

What can you tell us about Seattle, the ship Culinary team itself, and the final menus, let alone the variety of preparation skills since often the same menu items do end up coming out differently on different ships.

Thanks again.

Hi Dee; drove by your nice town twice last week on the way to and from San Diego. The I-5 was not a day at the beach! ;) All the best with the wild fires!

EUDM

Capt John Scott

HD Marco van Belleghem

CD Mario Vines

DRM Bijay Kumar Prajapati

Enjoy Venice, the Med and EUDM :)

Thanks Copper👍😄

So appreciate how you keep us so informed!!!!

The 1-5 is a zoo since summer is here! Here in Leucadianwith all the beach goers it takes forever to get on and off 5. You would think it is rush hour!!!

Down here on 101 Hwy it is like being at Disneyland with the old autopia car ride!!!!

Soon it will get back to normal😄

So good to hear from you!

Take care

Denise:)

• 2 weeks later...
RTDM

Capt Marco Carsjens

HD Jason Hale

CD Michael Langley

DRM Putu Donny Dharmawan

Just wondering if the above is still accurate as my understanding is that Michael will be on going on holidays and will be replaced. Also if you have any other Manager's name, I would appreciate knowing. I am currently dealing with Anna Babcock but not sure if she will be on board.

I am organizing M&G, M&M, luncheons, HappyHours, etc for the Rotterdam 42 day cruise and as in the past, I always extend all invitations to them. I usually get al the names once on board but it would help to have them before.

Thanks for your help

Monique

Just wondering if the above is still accurate as my understanding is that Michael will be on going on holidays and will be replaced. Also if you have any other Manager's name, I would appreciate knowing. I am currently dealing with Anna Babcock but not sure if she will be on board.

I am organizing M&G, M&M, luncheons, HappyHours, etc for the Rotterdam 42 day cruise and as in the past, I always extend all invitations to them. I usually get al the names once on board but it would help to have them before.

Thanks for your help

Monique

CD will now be Sabine van Leuken