Current Captains

lakemurraykid

I have been away from the HAL boards for awhile, so I am not current on everything that goes on here.

Can someone please tell me just what it is John does while on contract. I sail on the Zuiderdam on 11/9 and if he is still on board will have to look him up.

I am only responding to thank you for asking. We also live in SC, and will be in the Zuiderdam for the Oct. 7 sailing. As best I can describe him, he is the best Good Will Ambassador for Holland America, at least on social media. I have looked forward to meeting him, shaking his hand and thanking him for all he does to inform and excite us about past AND future cruises. He seems a genuinely good guy who does whatever the hell does well, and throws in the Ambassador job b/c he loves it. I appreciate him.

Heavy. I feel safer already.

KenNMB

Volendam: NYC to Bermuda (1978)

Nieuw Amsterdam Seattle to Alaska (2007)

Noordam: Port Everglades TA to Rome (2014)

Zuiderdam: to Panama (partial) (2015)

Veendam: Port Everglades to Montreal (Spring 2016)

Zuiderdam: Quebec City to Port Everglades (Fall 2016)

I am interested in finding out who the current Captains are -- especially the Eurodam. If anyone has a link to this information, I hope you will post it. Thank you so much.

Good Morning,... anyone know who the captain is on the Oct 30 sailing of Nieuw Amsterdam from FLL? thank you.

maryjo

Is it likely that John will stay on the Zuiderdam at least through October? I'd be excited finally to meet him. Thanks!

SNIP

Zuiderdam: Quebec City to Port Everglades (Fall 2016)

Copper will be on the Zuidy in Oct. We're boarding her in FTL on the 19th for a partial Canal cruise with our Friends. Looking forward to it..

Thanks!!

Now, does anybody know how long he will be aboard on this contract?

Copper, started his contract mid Sept.. Have no idea if he has a two, three or four month contract..

However, when I see him I'll be sure to let him know how much we all really appreciate his informative posts & I'll be sure to tell him that many of you are asking for him.. He truly is a "Gem"!:)

Is that through 10/27? Also do you know the captain and the show host?

Can I also impose to ask captain/cruise director/show host for Prinsendam 11/3/2016? (I am taking both, and just booked my flight across Asia!)

Many thanks for the good work you do.

We will be cruising in Jan. 2017 on the Rotterdam and the Zuiderdam. I would like to know who the captain will be and also the hotel manager if possible. Thanks for all the information that you provide.

Suggest that all of you who are looking for info on your ships crew from Copper, go back over this thread to see if he answered that question about your ship previously..

As others have mentioned Copper started his contract mid Sept.& he normally does not post to Cruise Critic while he is out on a contract.. Like the rest of the crew on board I doubt that he gets that much time off duty, so you will have to be patient for a couple of months..

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Dee; drove by your nice town twice last week on the way to and from San Diego. The I-5 was not a day at the beach! ;) All the best with the wild fires!

EUDM

Capt John Scott

HD Marco van Belleghem

CD Mario Vines

DRM Bijay Kumar Prajapati

Enjoy Venice, the Med and EUDM :)

Will they still be on the Eurodam in December?

Looking for informations about the Christmas cruise on Eurodam:)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, John, thank you very much for all the good work that you do. We are wondering if you might be able to tell us who the Captain and CD will be on the Prisendam and the Zaandam for the May/June period in 2017?

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Hi,

Who is the captain and staff during the holiday season 17/18 at the Koningsdam? We sail the 27th december!

tnx

Wouter B.

Hi Wouter - Copper 10-8, who has all the inside knowledge about HAL cruise ship officers and staff, is currently working on his latest ship, and won't reply to your question, as he doesn't post on Cruise Critic while he's on contract. Hopefully, someone else may know the answer, or you can wait until Copper 10-8 returns, hopefully soon, to give you the "inside scoop".

Thanks for answering all of us, Copper.

I', surprised to read Linda Minnikin is scheduldc. I thought she had left HAL several years ago and was in GB.------ "Tootlle Loo :)

B

Linda is still with HAL? She is easily my least favorite CD. The sign off after every announcement was very cloying and fake. Plus, she wouldn't get off the PA! Julie on Norwegian Breakaway was off the PA more than Linda was on Statendam.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Wouter - Copper 10-8, who has all the inside knowledge about HAL cruise ship officers and staff, is currently working on his latest ship, and won't reply to your question, as he doesn't post on Cruise Critic while he's on contract. Hopefully, someone else may know the answer, or you can wait until Copper 10-8 returns, hopefully soon, to give you the "inside scoop".

Thanks for the info!

• 2 months later...
Hi Cooper, Any idea who the Captain, Hotel Director, and Cruise Director will be on Hawaii Holiday 12-21-18 and Panama Canal 01-07-19? Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Best to start a new thread and also give the name of the ship you will be sailing on as well as the dates.

Hi Cooper, Any idea who the Captain, Hotel Director, and Cruise Director will be on Hawaii Holiday 12-21-18 and Panama Canal 01-07-19? Thank you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry Double D, that's way too far out at the moment

Hello John

Amsterdam sailing Aug 28th,this year from Seattle, Captain ,Staff Captain, Hotel, Dining Room and Pinnacle Managers please. Would like to have you aboard to thank you for your kindness in making this information available.

Hello John

Amsterdam sailing Aug 28th,this year from Seattle, Captain ,Staff Captain, Hotel, Dining Room and Pinnacle Managers please. Would like to have you aboard to thank you for your kindness in making this information available.

Hi Venture;

AMDM:

Capt Jonathan Mercer

SC Thomas van Benthem

HD Henk Mensink

DRM Donny Dharmawan

PGM I Ketut de Ariya aka "Ari"

I won't be there, but a much better SECO and my friend and colleague from Calgary, Alberta will be. His name is Norm. Tell him I said hi and enjoy that 2-week voyage to AK :D