Customs/Drugs

JGB

Last cruise when we came through US Customs we were asked if we purchased any perscription drugs in Mexico. Is there some policy here? Or are there guidelines regarding perscription drugs?

thanks...JGB

10 cruises and we've never been asked about this. About the only thing they have asked us was if we bought Cuban cigars.

Same here -- and I just got back from a cruise with a Cozumel stop not two weeks ago.

Sounds like someone is fishing to see if they will get asked that question.

No, you will not get asked if you purchased prescription drugs in Mexico. Yes, they will have drug sniffing dogs at the port for illegal drugs upon your return to the US.

Same here -- and I just got back from a cruise with a Cozumel stop not two weeks ago.

Sounds like someone is fishing to see if they will get asked that question.

No, you will not get asked if you purchased prescription drugs in Mexico. Yes, they will have drug sniffing dogs at the port for illegal drugs upon your return to the US.

The dog can smell Premarin?

Sailed from Galveston in may with a cozumel stop. I was asked something about buying or having perscription medications. I said nothing I didn't bring with me. They did/do ask in galveston. Nothing was searched but wouldn't attempt to bring something back personally.

Last cruise when we came through US Customs we were asked if we purchased any perscription drugs in Mexico. Is there some policy here? Or are there guidelines regarding perscription drugs?

thanks...JGB

Ahhhh... Prescription.... I get it. I get it!!! Lol. Great question!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No wonder so many Millenniums are drug addicts! They must pop Xanex like there M&M's.

Having worked in southern California in home health care, I became aware of how many seniors went to Mexico for their medications- a lot, my friend.

It's a great place to get topicals for arthritis or joint pain- more effective, I hear, than what we have in the States.

thanks...JGB

I'm sure they're concerned is controlled substances. If you buy narcotics or any controlled substance in another country and bring it across the border you have just become a drug trafficker and could be put in prison for quite a long time.

How do you know you are getting what you are supposed to be taking?

I'm a physician but for those of you who are not you can always tell what a pill is by searching it on the internet. In the old days we had to pour through the PDR searching for a pill picture that looked like the pill the patient had in their possession. Now they have search engines on the internet in which you can describe the shape, size, and markings on the pill and get a list of possible identities.