Over 12 months away and no more rooms available?

wtang

Hi, I'm new around here! My first post (Yay!) I've done 7 cruises before on Carnival and Norwegian, but this is my first attempt at cruising with Royal Caribbean. I'm looking at a cruise for August 26, 2017 and the travel agent is telling me all the inside cabins are already booked. She says the only inside cabin available is an wheelchair accessible cabin. Can this be true? Over 12 months out and already fully booked? Usually I have no trouble booking Carnival or Norwegian about 1 year ahead. Just to verify what she said, I tried to do a booking through the RCL website and I got the same result... only 1 inside cabin left.

Anyway, we are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) and we don't have a disability so we don't need an accessible room. The agent says I can book the room anyway and if RCL needs the room for a disabled guest, they will move us into another room. Does anyone know if she is right? Also, can 4 guests fit in a V1 category accessible room? It looks like it only has a king bed. Will the cabin steward move in 2 rollaway cots every night?

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide.

Entirely possible. The cheapest and most expensive cabins sell out almost immediately. No cots. In fact you will be required to prove disability or the reservation will be canceled. HA cabins are not released until after final payment for anyone to book. Your TA should know better than to give you that cabin.

Furthermore, not all cabins hold 4. Some only hold three.

An OV cabin may not be that much more expensive. Or look at connecting cabins. Depending on ship, the promenade view cabins are great.

Hi, I'm new around here! My first post (Yay!) I've done 7 cruises before on Carnival and Norwegian, but this is my first attempt at cruising with Royal Caribbean. I'm looking at a cruise for August 26, 2017 and the travel agent is telling me all the inside cabins are already booked. She says the only inside cabin available is an wheelchair accessible cabin. Can this be true? Over 12 months out and already fully booked? Usually I have no trouble booking Carnival or Norwegian about 1 year ahead. Just to verify what she said, I tried to do a booking through the RCL website and I got the same result... only 1 inside cabin left.

Anyway, we are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) and we don't have a disability so we don't need an accessible room. The agent says I can book the room anyway and if RCL needs the room for a disabled guest, they will move us into another room. Does anyone know if she is right? Also, can 4 guests fit in a V1 category accessible room? It looks like it only has a king bed. Will the cabin steward move in 2 rollaway cots every night?

Use this link to select your ship and then select the deck plans option. Find your can in and there will be a symbol in the cabin that will tell you how the sleeping arrangement is configured. You could have a sofa bed or two Pullman beds or a Pullman and a sofa bed.

From the website.

Our accessible staterooms are designed for guests with mobility disabilities and other disabilities that require the use of the accessible features of the staterooms. Accessible staterooms range from 159 square feet to 298 square feet, offer a five-foot turning radius in sleeping areas, bathrooms and sitting areas for easy maneuverability.

Accessible staterooms are held for people with disabilities until all other non-accessible staterooms in that category are reserved. Upon reserving an accessible stateroom, we require our guests acknowledge the need for the accessible stateroom by completing a Guest Special Needs Form.

If a guest is booked in an accessible stateroom and they do not have a mobility disability or other disability that requires the use of the features that are provided in the accessible stateroom, they may be moved at any time to another non-accessible stateroom in order to accommodate a guest with a disability.

Please note we investigate and take action on potential misuse of accessible staterooms where there is good cause to believe that such staterooms have been booked fraudulently.

From the website.

Our accessible staterooms are designed for guests with mobility disabilities and other disabilities that require the use of the accessible features of the staterooms. Accessible staterooms range from 159 square feet to 298 square feet, offer a five-foot turning radius in sleeping areas, bathrooms and sitting areas for easy maneuverability.

Accessible staterooms are held for people with disabilities until all other non-accessible staterooms in that category are reserved. Upon reserving an accessible stateroom, we require our guests acknowledge the need for the accessible stateroom by completing a Guest Special Needs Form.

If a guest is booked in an accessible stateroom and they do not have a mobility disability or other disability that requires the use of the features that are provided in the accessible stateroom, they may be moved at any time to another non-accessible stateroom in order to accommodate a guest with a disability.

Please note we investigate and take action on potential misuse of accessible staterooms where there is good cause to believe that such staterooms have been booked fraudulently.

Interestingly enough, RCCL and Celebrity can a do allow and assign accessible staterooms to non handicap guests, if it suites their purpose. However, they will move you if they need to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Entirely possible. The cheapest and most expensive cabins sell out almost immediately. No cots. In fact you will be required to prove disability or the reservation will be canceled. HA cabins are not released until after final payment for anyone to book. Your TA should know better than to give you that cabin.

Ooh, that would be a bummer. I would hate to book a cabin, pay a deposit, and get excited about our vacation... only to have it be cancelled. :(

Wouldn't RCL just alter our booking and move us to another instead of just cancelling our booking? The problem is, if all the inside cabin really are fully booked (hard to believe since it's still more than 12 months out) then where would they move us to?

If it is one of the 4 newest ships, they go fast esp. Interiors. Honestly 12 months out is NOT that rare at all. And no they are not obligated to upgrade you esp. If you cannot prove need for the HA cabin before that cabin has been released for general sale.

So either book a cabin category that holds you all, or choose another date or ship if you will only book an interior room.

From the website.

Thanks for looking up the official RCL policy on accessible cabins for me. According to that policy, maybe it's OK for me to book the accessible room since all the non-accessible inside cabins are already reserved? Also, it says I'll be moved (not cancelled) in case someone else needs that accessible room. I'm totally fine with being moved if needed.

Very strong possibility that blocks of cabins are being held by major travel companies. Play around on various web sites...cannot discuss them here....and you might find some.

That's very interesting. Could you give me a hint? :) I checked some of the big flights/hotels travel websites and they all show the same thing... no available inside cabins other than the 2 accessible cabins I mentioned. Maybe I'm checking the wrong websites.

I just counted - the Anthem only has 67 interior rooms that can accommodate a 3rd or 4th passenger, so not surprised they are all already booked for summer 2017.

Not only that but Quantum class ships have the lowest ratio overall of interior cabins.

It's not that there are no cabins.

It's not that there are no interior cabins.

It's that there are no interior cabins that accommodate four left.

A very big difference.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Do you have to have an interior???

There are 24 oceanview cabins that can accommodate four.

Today the price is $3601. Tomorrow, a new pricing scheme comes on line. It may be less for you, putting four in a cabin, since it is a "kids sale free" promotion.

ETA: Heck, you can get a balcony cabin today for $3884.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Also, can 4 guests fit in a V1 category accessible room? It looks like it only has a king bed. Will the cabin steward move in 2 rollaway cots every night?

When you (or the agent) look for a cabin and tell the system how many passengers it's for, it only shows you cabins that will hold that number. So you do not have to worry that cabin it shows you will be able to sleep 4. If you changed the number of passengers to 2, I am sure that you would see a lot more cabins available. How old are your kids? Maybe you can do adjoining cabins? Or as Merion_Mom suggested, book an ocean view or balcony tomorrow with the kids sail free offer.

It's not that there are no cabins.

It's not that there are no interior cabins.

It's that there are no interior cabins that accommodate four left.

A very big difference.

Indeed.

Edited by MisterBill99

How old are the kids? Anthem interior cabins that hold four have a sofa bed, not Pullman beds, so the kids would share the sofa (or the parents would).

We have the Anthem booked for next July and hey have not had any interior cabin that will hold four available for over two months.

Wish the Anthem had some quad cabins with Pullmans,but not the case.

How old are the kids? Anthem interior cabins that hold four have a sofa bed, not Pullman beds, so the kids would share the sofa (or the parents would).

We have the Anthem booked for next July and they have not had any interior cabin that will hold four available for over two months.

Have been looking for another quad interior for the past two months,so can sympathize with you.

We have the Anthem booked for next July and hey have not had any interior cabin that will hold four available for over two months.

Wow, you are booking for July 2017 and the inside quad cabins have been sold out for 2 months already?! As someone said earlier, I guess the Anthem doesn't have many inside quads to begin with, so they sell out fast. This is my first attempt at sailing with RCL. Carnival and Norwegian ships must have more inside quad cabins because I never had a problem booking 1 year in advance.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow, you are booking for July 2017 and the inside quad cabins have been sold out for 2 months already?! As someone said earlier, I guess the Anthem doesn't have many inside quads to begin with, so they sell out fast. This is my first attempt at sailing with RCL. Carnival and Norwegian ships must have more inside quad cabins because I never had a problem booking 1 year in advance.

Thanks for sharing.

The 9 night before that cruise has a dozen quad interiors.

Good luck tomorrow - I think that you may find an OV or balcony cabin at a price that you can handle. :)

Good luck tomorrow - I think that you may find an OV or balcony cabin at a price that you can handle. :)

Thank you, thank you, Merion_Mom! Either you have a crystal ball, or you're a travel agent in disguise. :) How did you know about the price drop that started today? Anyway, with the new "30% Off" promo, the oceanview quad cabin dropped $200 this morning, which brought it within $69 of the inside quad cabin I was considering (but that was a handicap room). Getting an oceanview for only $69 more is a no-brainer. Plus now I don't have to worry about Royal cancelling/moving me because I can't justify the handicap room. On top of that, the travel agent gave me a $325 OBC. Overall, I'm pretty happy.

Have been looking for another quad interior for the past two months,so can sympathize with you.

Check again today because a new "30% Off" promo just started. With the new promo, I found an outside oceanview quad on Anthem for only $69 more than the inside quad I was looking at a few days ago. You might consider taking advantage of this sale and getting an outside quad an Anthem instead of holding out for an inside quad to become available.

I did check today but inside quads are all waitlisted and outside are considerably more than we paid. We booked these rooms when the deployment opened,, and have had one price drop of about $16, but the prices have since increased a lot.