Classic drink package

vcmi2

Go to the website under On Board Experience, then Beverage Packages. Look under the Classic package & there is a list of the brands of alcohol covered by both packages, may include the beer choices as well.

The pdf file on the website is pretty basic.

I´ve been on the Silhouette in July. I found two bar menus which listed what´s included in the different packages. But... all menus do say what´s listed are just examples. So in case you don´t find your favorite brand or cocktail on the menu ask the bartenders. I like Maker´s Mark which is not listed in any of the menus for any of the packages. I asked and it´s included in the Classic Package (and of course the Premium too).

steamboats

Hi there - I recently completed a B2B cruise and wrote a review which included photos of what was included in the various drink packages. Here's a link to the review, you can check out the photos which I took at one of the bars which should give you the breakdown of included drinks.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=539197

Hope this helps!

The pdf file on the website is pretty basic.

I´ve been on the Silhouette in July. I found two bar menus which listed what´s included in the different packages. But... all menus do say what´s listed are just examples. So in case you don´t find your favorite brand or cocktail on the menu ask the bartenders. I like Maker´s Mark which is not listed in any of the menus for any of the packages. I asked and it´s included in the Classic Package (and of course the Premium too).

steamboats

Same experience - Maker's not listed as Classic but bartender said ok for my classic pkg - maybe the extra tip I gave played a role ;)

Yes, the website includes the alcohol and beer included in both packages. Can anyone tell me if you can get a frozen drink (pina colada or mudslide) with the Classic drink pkg? Doesn't cover this on the website.

Yes, wife has been there and done that.

As long as you use the basic brands included in the Classic drink package dollar limit you will be OK.

When in doubt we always ask bartender "can you get ____ cocktail on the classic package" If we're not too particular about the brand of liquor used the answer has almost always been yes.

This has almost always been our experience as well. The only exception was in the Martini Bar on our first Celebrity cruise. Since then, I have enjoyed several Appletinis on the Classic package. I have never requested any other other martini but every other request for any beverage has always been granted with a smile.

remember that what is included in the classic drink package is based on the cost of the drink....and any list you find is a list of examples of the liquors that are included. It is almost impossible to find what mixed drinks are included, but likely if the drink you want only has liquors that are included, the drink is included. You may find that liquors not on a list are included and in some cases (with no justification) liquors on the list aren't included. That's why most recommend not upgrading to the premium package until you get on board and find out if the liquor you want is included in the classic package.

An example of the confusion...if you look on the web site, you will find three packages standard, classic and premium. The classic package specifically says it includes everything in the standard package plus the list shown. The standard package includes an Americano (sweet vermouth and compari). We had the classic package, ordered an americano and was told it wasn't covered by the classic package. I asked them to call the food and beverage manager....when he arrived, I showed him what was on their web site. My wife happens to enjoy americanos. For the rest of the cruise, every time I ordered one from a different bartender, server, we went through the same song and dance....I told them to call the F&B manager before they rang up the charge. None of the signed charge slips ever made to our bill.

Of course one could argue that the web site shouldn't be assumed to be accurate....except when they need justification for removing the daily water from aqua and they point to the web site which doesn't include daily water on the aqua amenities any more. The web site is sort of accurate sometimes but not others....based on, near as I can tell, someone's whim.

Edited by ghstudio

What is included in the Classic bev. package. What brands of beer, liquor, wines etc

The low end beers, liquors and wines, as what the package covers is based on what quality, or lack of, is used to make the drink.

ie: a basic Pina Colda will be covered by the $8.00 mixed drink cap of the classic. But if you float a shot of Myers dark on top, or have it made with a good dark rum, it goes over the limit.

Bud, Coors, Miller, ect are within the classic, but you cant get a Dogfish 90 or a chocolate stout.

The red wine my wife drank last Nov was $13.50 a glass X 3 with dinner, would have cost us $47.79 on the classic, they were only .59 cents x 3= $1.77 with the Premium pkg.

Can we not get a stickie on the drinks packages? About 1 in 5 posts refer to the drinks packages and whilst they are valid questions they will have been asked and answered many times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk