How to get new sale price

How do you get the new sale price if it's lower than what you paid and you are before final payment? Can you cancel and rebook the same day, or are you flagged in some way? It seems to be for new bookings only because when I try to modify online to change the room or category the price disappears and I get a message about not being able to change at this time - try later.

I always just call and ask for the new price. If they need to cancel and rebook they can, otherwise they just reprice it for me.

Ditto!!! Or you can cancel and re-book it yourself. There could be a slight chance of losing your original cabin that way

When evaluating a price change is it off the published cabin price before discount or net after? For example if the published rate now is less than it was but the discount is 30% off vs 50% bogo previously. Net is the roughly the same price.

When evaluating a price change is it off the published cabin price before discount or net after? For example if the published rate now is less than it was but the discount is 30% off vs 50% bogo previously. Net is the roughly the same price.

Net price is all that matters when looking for a price drop.

Edited by clarea

It's off the published price. All sale prices end up being roughly the same deal give or take a few $.

Thanks for the feedback. The one that I have is $171 cheaper than with the last sale. I will call or cancel and rebook. The room isn't that important as long as I get the same category.

Thanks for the feedback. The one that I have is $171 cheaper than with the last sale. I will call or cancel and rebook. The room isn't that important as long as I get the same category.

if you do it online, I'd book the new rate before cancelling the old booking

One more question. The new deposit amount is $750 - based on he mock booking. I had paid $375 but he didn't mention the need to pay any additional. Was that an oversight and should I go online and pay? Will they send an email to request payment or cancel automatically later since the total deposit doesn't match the current requirement? Just paranoid. I have a copy of the new invoice and it doesn't ask for more.

I just called & got my price adjusted for the 12/12/16 Indy sailing. Saved $226, gave up $76 obc, so net savings of $150. I'll take that! No need to rebook, even kept my aft balcony.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

We are looking at 4 cruise for Christmas 2017 out of FL and they are all $300 cheaper today then over the weekend's sale price. SMH on RCCL's pricing tactics

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't understand what you are complaining about.

Why is being $300 cheaper a bad thing, something that you "shake your head" about?!?!?! :confused:

My booking is about $300 cheaper but my TA isn't showing the same deal as I see online. I show 30% everybody and kids under 12 sail free. He is only showing the 30% discount. Works out to an $800 difference. He shows the cruise is $500 MORE I see the cruise is $300 LESS.

I sent him a screenshot but it could be a long day.

I don't love TAs (for cruises) because I prefer to have the control but we went with a group booking and I just used the group TA.

I know if you have kids the current promotion offers huge savings.

Yesterday the same cabin I was looking at on the Allure ( D3 Balcony) was approx $3,150 for 3 people ( myself, wife and 1 year old) using the BOGO 50% off promotion

Now under new promotion it is approx $2,400 ( savings of $750!)