VIP/Concierge Lounge

dbeckett

I've tried searching on the board but can't find information about the VIP/Concierge Lounge on the Regal/Royal and soon to be Majestic. Nothing on Princess either that specifically says what is in there or what makes it special (as opposed to going to guest services). Can anyone who has been in there let me know.

Thanks

Hi

Been a couple of years but was a private lounge swipe cruise card to enter

coffee machines, snacks, big tv,

concierge to make bookings handle any issues you may have,

mostly just a quite spot to chat to friends and drink coffee

yours Shogun

Small lounge, Port side, mid aft (if I remember correctly). Small lounge next door to wedding chapel, small bites to eat throughout the day, some juices, coffee/espresso machine, concierge with set hours to make reservations for you, arrange any special services, etc. About 4 small round coffee tables with seating. Two TVs. Nothing really special about it overall, except perhaps the concierge themselves when available. Have to swipe your room card to enter. Concierge has list of names of those in which suite.

The concierge lounge is for full suite guests and is located on Riviera Deck opposite stateroom R609. There are various food selections available throughout the day...morning: pasteries, muffins; rest of the day: sandwiches, cheese, crackers, fruit. There is a coffee machine that dispenses expresso and some specialty coffees.

There are books to borrow and two TVs along with three areas with a table and chairs.

The concierge can do anything Guest Services can do for you...plus make dining reservations, etc.

Yes, Tracie...free cappuccino! :rolleyes:

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

We used it quite a bit on our Baltic cruise this past May. They also had cheese and crackers, small sandwiches, olives, lemonade,hot teas and water.

The staff was great and she helped us with reservations, shore excursions, and taxis. She also would print your airline boarding pass if you wished. They were there about 8 hours a day and had a schedule on her desk.

We would go in there late at night for a hot drink which was very nice. My boys liked the cookies that were there as well.

I had the strap of my purse rip at the Hermitage. They were able to get someone on the ship to fix it for me. That was above and beyond.

I would sail in suites all the time if i had unlimited funds;)

We used it quite a bit on our Baltic cruise this past May. They also had cheese and crackers, small sandwiches, olives, lemonade,hot teas and water.

The staff was great and she helped us with reservations, shore excursions, and taxis. She also would print your airline boarding pass if you wished. They were there about 8 hours a day and had a schedule on her desk.

We would go in there late at night for a hot drink which was very nice. My boys liked the cookies that were there as well.

I had the strap of my purse rip at the Hermitage. They were able to get someone on the ship to fix it for me. That was above and beyond.

I would sail in suites all the time if i had unlimited funds;)

Or unlimited upsells :D!

We, too, used the one on the Regal last September for our Baltics/TA, especially on debarkation morning. We lounged around until it was time to catch our shuttle to the airport, making it a relaxing, stress free morning. The staff was very helpful whenever we needed anything throughout the cruise.

Is there a concierge lounge on all ships? I'm on the Diamond in a week and I don't see one on the deck plans.....so I guess that means no.

Is there a concierge lounge on all ships? I'm on the Diamond in a week and I don't see one on the deck plans.....so I guess that means no.

Currently only on the Royal and Regal...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Free cappuccinos!!!!!

That was the best my husband could say about it; and given that we were in an owners suite on a different deck (Dolphin) he wasn't even willing to make the hike to the concierge lounge. I don't drink coffee and found nothing to make it worth my while to return.

I too do not drink coffee but i would go for a stroll from our cabin on Dolphin deck to get my hot tea every now and then. It really was not that far. Like i said we enjoyed it and went there quite often.

Also nice to wait there when it was time to disembark. Quiet time for sure.

Are the lounges on the Royal & Regal new and more are to come?

The Concierge lounge for suite guests were purpose built on Royal class ships. Currently, there has been nothing from Princess about older classes of ships being retrofitted with such a lounge.

Personally, we found it added no value to our suite bookings on Regal. We had aft suites, and the lounge was nor conveniently located to our room, etc. And the concierge, while I'm sure a lovely young lady, was worse than useless AR getting reservations for us or helping get repairs made in our cabin after the room steward was unable to do so either.. So, we see no benefit to it at this point - we can get snacks and coffees, teas, juice etc from International Cafe, etc so again, no real benefit robust.

I understand other people have enjoyed it, and I'm sure if we were in suites closet to it, it may be more benefit, but we love the aft suites, so wouldn't be changing locale for that!