Can I share a coffee card ?

The Other Tom

For specialty coffees, yes. If you want to you can use the fifteen punches for you, your wife and thirteen brand new friends all at once.

For the included fresh brewed coffee it is technically one at a time.

Suppose I'm really thirsty and don't want to wait for a refill. Can I order two brewed coffees at once ?

People try that logic every day with the AIBP. Doesn't get them anywhere. Though a sympathetic barista may respond to a little largess. So who knows?

On the back of the Coffee Card it states:

"Present this card when receiving your specialty coffee and your server will punch a hole in the card.

Unused specialty coffees redeemable on the next voyage. Complementary coffee and tea only applicable to the voyage of purchase.

This card entitles the cardholder to 15 specialty coffees."

I would say two, or even 15, specialty coffees at one time is allowed, but only one fresh brewed coffee or tea at a time, with or without specialty coffees. Some baristas have been know to give two fresh brewed coffees at one time.

Interpret that as you wish.

This has to be my only pet peeve with Princess. No brewed coffee available anywhere. We just got off the new Carnival Vista (by no means an endorsement) however they had brewed coffee at several stations, plenty of cups etc... Surely if Carnival can have brewed coffee everywhere so can Prncess. The coffee on Princess if you can actually call it that is horrible.

This has to be my only pet peeve with Princess. No brewed coffee available anywhere. We just got off the new Carnival Vista (by no means an endorsement) however they had brewed coffee at several stations, plenty of cups etc... Surely if Carnival can have brewed coffee everywhere so can Prncess. The coffee on Princess if you can actually call it that is horrible.

The Royal-class ships have free filtered coffee made from ground coffee in the buffets & Princess should have these coffee machines on all of their ships. They spend millions renovating their ships but nothing to add coffee machines that use ground coffee. :(

Edited by Astro Flyer

Can I order two coffees (at the same time) with the card, one for me and one for my wife ?

Yes of course you can. The card gets punched with each coffee purchased so if you buy 2 coffees it will be punched twice.

Trish

OP is asking about doing this without any punches being used.
Can I order two coffees (at the same time) with the card, one for me and one for my wife ?

This is the original question. No mention of not punching the card.

This is the original question. No mention of not punching the card.

But no mention of punching the card either. Actually no way to tell if he was asking about specialty coffees or the unlimited brewed coffee feature--until post number five:

Suppose I'm really thirsty and don't want to wait for a refill. Can I order two brewed coffees at once ?

A (cheating) leopard will always eventually show his spots.

Edited by fishywood

We have sailed often on Princess, and have been Elite for the past few cruises. When we started we each bought a card, but it became clear my DH did not order specialty coffees. We have multiple cards with a few punches left because my DH buys a card each time we cruise.

We each carry a card, him the new one, me one of the prior cards. If we are sitting together and both order regular coffee and present the new card my DH gets his 'free' and they punch it once for me. If we present a prior card and order 2 non-specialty coffees they take 2 punches.

Later in the week they recognize us and just bring coffees without taking the card we offer, except when I order a specialty coffee, then they take and punch a card. We also tip when they bring the coffee.

The Royal-class ships have free filtered coffee made from ground coffee in the buffets & Princess should have these coffee machines on all of their ships. They spend millions renovating their ships but nothing to add coffee machines that use ground coffee. :(

This is the exact reason that no one will question you at the IC when ordering regular brewed coffee. They pour two cups at one time & not blink an eye.

Yes of course you can. The card gets punched with each coffee purchased so if you buy 2 coffees it will be punched twice.

Trish

It would be nice if you could give accurate information! Coffee punches are for specialty coffees only, unless it's an old one.

To the other Tom, if you can afford to cruise, you can afford to buy 2 coffee cards. It will be much simpler.