Wristbands

Is RCL going to wristbands to replace SnS cards? How would this work as door keys?

They have only been added to the new ships and are in addition to the Seapass cards and do not replace them. No plans have been announced to add the wristbands to any existing ships.

Both Allure and Oasis have been in drydock since he bands have been available and they did not add them to those ships.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

How would this work as door keys?

On the newer ships that have them (Qauntum class, Harmony), there's no physical slot in the door lock as on previous ships - the door is opened via contactless token embedded in either the Wow band or Seapass card (the Seapass card is also different on these newer ships).

I doubt they'd ever change. The WoW bands were interesting when I sailed on Quantum, but even then, you still had to use the standard card to get on/off the ship. Unless that's changed, I don't think there's any plans for the cards to be superseded.

• 5 months later...
Does the Liberty of the Seas use the WowBands? Do you have to pay for them? Do they provide free lanyards for the SeaPass cards? If not, how much are they? We are going on Liberty next week for our first cruise on RC. Thanks!

No WOW bands on Liberty. No free lanyards either.

We are going on the Harmony in June. As we are not in a suite, I know we need to purchase the WOW bands.

Does anyone have experience with a child using a WOW band? My DS is 6. Last summer on a cruise, we put his key card in a lanyard around his neck. Several times he took off the lanyard and left it at the kid care center. I think the WOW band would be a really handy option - that DS would be less likely to misplace. Are they waterproof? Can they be worn in the pool?