Corkage Fee

franncos

When do you pay this fee? Does it vary be ship or departure, or is their

a standard policy?

Thanks for any info

I was never asked to pay the fee. It was in plain sight for the security to see in my carry on and not once has anyone told me to pay it. But I only bring one bottle. If they see more then one then they will tell you to pay corkage on all.

When do you pay this fee? Does it vary be ship or departure, or is their

a standard policy?

Thanks for any info

There is a standard Wine & Champagne Policy:

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00 USD

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 USD

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

It is the passenger's responsibility to declare this and go to the designated table prior to boarding the ship or immediately on the ship.

Edited by esm54687

I was never asked to pay the fee. It was in plain sight for the security to see in my carry on and not once has anyone told me to pay it. But I only bring one bottle. If they see more then one then they will tell you to pay corkage on all.

We have carried one bottle on and have been taken directly to the table post-security to pay the corkage. We have seen others take one bottle on and also be taken to the table to pay the corkage. Someone at the port must have not been paying attention, because your experience is not the norm, I hate to say.

Edited by dolita22

We brought 8 bottles. Had them in a separate backpack-style cooler bag. Security flagged them right away and took us directly to the table.

Each bottle had a sticker that said "Paid" and our stateroom number. $15 per bottle.

We got a few high fives and a few "are they all for you?" looks LOL

8 bottles for 2 people for 7 nights is NOT a lot of wine in my books :)

In Miami, they will flag you for sure. We were led to the woman at the desk to pay up, and she was surprised and happy that we were aware of the corkage fee. Apparently many guests are not, and people give her a lot of grief for the corkage fee. You can bring the bottle with you anywhere; the wine steward in the MDR was a bit confused because we had brought a bottle (at quite a nice discount, may I add) that the ships carries. He stored away what we didn't finish at dinner and gave us a ticket to claim our bottle the next time we dined.

The charge will appear on your onboard account, from one of the two MDRs (on the Pearl, the charge was from the smaller MDR - Taste, maybe?).

I think it depends on the port.

In Miami it seemed very strictly enforced whereas in Civitavecchia it looked very hit-or-miss... of course I can only speak to the day we boarded.

Come to think of it, I believe you are right.

From NY I was never told to pay the corkage. Here is something funny though, in March I was sailing from Miami, and this time I had no wine with me at all, and the security asked me if I had wine with me, I said no and that was it. I thought it was so weird that one time I don't have wine, I am asked if I do and all these times that I had wine in front of their noses in NY they didn't say a word.

Does anyone know how strict they are in San Juan?

Come to think of it, I believe you are right.

From NY I was never told to pay the corkage. Here is something funny though, in March I was sailing from Miami, and this time I had no wine with me at all, and the security asked me if I had wine with me, I said no and that was it. I thought it was so weird that one time I don't have wine, I am asked if I do and all these times that I had wine in front of their noses in NY they didn't say a word.

Does anyone know how strict they are in San Juan?

I've paid it in NY.