No more balcony/suite discount within 6 months(as of Sept 1,2016)

PH8

Seriously doubt it, I suspect we will see it before too long.

I agree, based on my last experience with RCI's corporate response to a concern of mine. It was misrepresented to me and to others who wrote about the same issue. They will wait until the dust settles and slip the new restriction in, IMO.

Kathy, I understand. I just wanted to see what will happen tomorrow. I told the res agent I would probably be calling back on Monday to get the higher balcony discount, and he laughed and said the price will probably go up by $75 so we can give you the additional $25[emoji6]

And when offers change, it is always repriced at the current pricing before giving you any new discounts --- so not at all unusual.

I did a mock booking and went from $75 discount (we are platinum and re-booked less than 6 months out) to the current platinum rate of $100 discount.

I contacted my TA because I thought we were supposed to get the level above us. This would allow us to go from $75 discount to $200 discount. Hopefully it can be resolved today as the booking prices are still the same.

Not when I did it last night.

It probably changed today. I booked a cruise last week and the price hasn't moved at all. Today I noticed my balcony discount went from $250.00 to $275.00 but the price only dropped $17.00. I called to reprice it and the rep told me that the 30% is taken off the discount.

I should have done it last night. :)

Thanks for this. This lowly Gold member was able to get $100 off a balcony for an April '18 Oasis sailing.

Had the trip on a hold and our TA was able to take $100 off the price quoted yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CookieDiva

Looks like they have updated the flyer to still show "Member Appreciation Week" this week....but REMOVED the language regarding the Sept 1 termination of discount for less than 6 mos.

Well that's promising.......for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by The Sunset Glow

However, when I signed in and made a mock booking for HOTS Nov. 26 this year, no discount was shown. So it looks as if there is NO discount for bookings less than 6 months out as of today on the web site. What gives?

I'm sure it's just a simple innocent oversight on Royal's part.

Edited by clarea

I cannot help but feel that this is all part of a well thought out strategy for Royal to reduce the benefits yet make the C&A members feel like they have won.

STEP 1. Introduce changes to the program that are greater than the actual changes that you want to implement knowing the ****storm that it will create among the members.

STEP 2. Put the initial plans on hold saying that based on overwhelming feedback you will review the proposed changes.

STEP 3. After an appropriate period of time to allow a review, introduce scaled back reductions (no balcony discount after final paymemt???) Members still grumble a bit but are still feeling like they won and due to their letter wring efforts that forced Royal to back down.

Royal has now implemented the changes it originally wanted and has members being thankful of the reduced changes.

I am currently EMERALD and have a booking for September 2017 that is pricing out $70 lower than what I have booked now - BUT I will be DIAMOND in April - so 5 month out - should I grab this sale or wait and apply the Diamond-discount to my current pricing....will the reprice my current pricing to apply the Diamond-discount in April?:confused:

So grab the $70 now or hope for $100 to materialize in April?:rolleyes:

I am currently EMERALD and have a booking for September 2017 that is pricing out $70 lower than what I have booked now - BUT I will be DIAMOND in April - so 5 month out - should I grab this sale or wait and apply the Diamond-discount to my current pricing....will the reprice my current pricing to apply the Diamond-discount in April?:confused:

By April, you will be within 6 months of a September sailing.

So if the conspiracy theorists are correct, you will lose big time by waiting.

They will reprice your cruise at the current rate if you try to get the $70 now or $100 in April.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

They will reprice your cruise at the current rate if you try to get the $70 now or $100 in April.

Thats what I feared....the TA somehow claimed he could slip in the higher balcony discount later......he probably forgot to mention the he would have to reprice at the prevailing rate at that time!

So basically my bonus went up $125 with the current promo but since the pricing went up some $ too - I am only better 70$ .....

I should grab it now - as I would be within the 6 month period when I am actually eligible for the higher bonus....but who knows how high the pricing is by then.....

Now if there is a price-drop after this promo....will my super-balcony-discount be protected or would it go away when I hunt for the next price-drop?

Thats what I feared....the TA somehow claimed he could slip in the higher balcony discount later......he probably forgot to mention the he would have to reprice at the prevailing rate at that time!

So basically my bonus went up $125 with the current promo but since the pricing went up some $ too - I am only better 70$ .....

I should grab it now - as I would be within the 6 month period when I am actually eligible for the higher bonus....but who knows how high the pricing is by then.....

Now if there is a price-drop after this promo....will my super-balcony-discount be protected or would it go away when I hunt for the next price-drop?

Since this is in effect a promo it would go away if you did any further price drops.

Take what you can get now and keep checking but always remember that you will lose any promotions so factor that in before requesting a change.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

wrong quote

Edited by John&LaLa

I cannot help but feel that this is all part of a well thought out strategy for Royal to reduce the benefits yet make the C&A members feel like they have won.

STEP 1. Introduce changes to the program that are greater than the actual changes that you want to implement knowing the ****storm that it will create among the members.

STEP 2. Put the initial plans on hold saying that based on overwhelming feedback you will review the proposed changes.

STEP 3. After an appropriate period of time to allow a review, introduce scaled back reductions (no balcony discount after final paymemt???) Members still grumble a bit but are still feeling like they won and due to their letter wring efforts that forced Royal to back down.

Royal has now implemented the changes it originally wanted and has members being thankful of the reduced changes.

Sounds familiar. :eek:;)

new-coke.jpg