Regal Princess formal night

passy

Hi - can anyone please tell me how formal the formal nights are?!? I'm hoping to wear a full length sparkly evening dress but don't want to look out of place! My dad has dug out his dinner jacket and bow tie...Are we on the right tracks or going to be overdressed? Thanks!

Hi - can anyone please tell me how formal the formal nights are?!? I'm hoping to wear a full length sparkly evening dress but don't want to look out of place! My dad has dug out his dinner jacket and bow tie...Are we on the right tracks or going to be overdressed? Thanks!

You are right on track. Have a great time.

You will not be overdressed.

I agree. You could never be over dressed. As past posters said some people dress up and some where casual. You may even want to have a nice holiday photo taken in your evening attire of you and your dad (I see you asked another question about November so I assume that's when you are traveling). That's one of the great things about a cruise is that you can participate in formal night by dressing up or decided not to and you will get the same service.

I love and I mean love when my wife gets all dolled up in an evening gown or party dress for formal nights. I owe her the same respect after she goes thru the hair and makeup and beautiful outfit so I always have a tux or nice suit to wear as well. Enjoy your cruise!

We are just off Regal and a good number of the passenger were dressed up. I wore a cocktail dress one evening and a long one another. DH wore his kilt. A lot of the men wore dinner suits or dark suits. There were quite a few in just shirts and ties. On the whole most people looked smart.

I love and I mean love when my wife gets all dolled up in an evening gown or party dress for formal nights. I owe her the same respect after she goes thru the hair and makeup and beautiful outfit so I always have a tux or nice suit to wear as well. Enjoy your cruise!

Why not dress up 3 or 4 nights in a year! My DW enjoys it and if you know your way around packing it's no big deal.

What about black pants and sparkly top for 5 day cruise?

Women can wear just about anything and claim it is dressy as I was told by the maitre'd on one cruise not long ago. You will be wearing what a lot of women particularly older will be wearing. Have a great cruise.

Women can wear just about anything and claim it is dressy as I was told by the maitre'd on one cruise not long ago. You will be wearing what a lot of women particularly older will be wearing. Have a great cruise.

I think that's one of the main reasons that they're not to restrictive about the men's formal dress- being dress pants & long sleeve shirt.

We are on the roll call together.

I dress up every night so looks like.....

No ,you won't be out of place on formal night with what you have in mind for the dining room.

I don't do a full length dress, but a dress or skirt every night of the cruise, because I like to dress up.:)

My husband owns a tux,but he just now wears a suit jacket,tie,etc.

He's not so into the dressing up part:D , but he does for formal nights.

Come on back over to the roll call if you need any more conversation.

Julie

Both sound fine. You'll see some with NO sense of style & those who dress to the nines. The rest fall somewhere in between. We do tuxes on Cunard & suits & sport coats on Celebrity/Princess. Normally we both wear a sport coat even on smart casual nights. Most women wear either a nice cocktail type dress or a few do the ball gowns, but that's mostly on Cunard. We've been seeing a lot more nice pant suits worn as of late.