Can you book Alaska cruisetour after the fact?

BoopTennis

We already booked our Princess cruise for Alaska for next summer. We are now considering hooking on a land tour. Is it possible to change your booked cruise to a combined cruisetour after you have booked just the cruise?

So, if you book a cruise tour and then decide to do a DIY land - then the cruise, one would have to cancel existing booking and rebook just the cruise portion, correct? ;)

Absolutely, why pay for something you won't use. Plus, if you decide to DIY and are a no show (assuming you booked the tour/cruise rather than the cruise/tour) when you show up for the cruise, you might discover you've been cancelled.

Basically you would be switching from your current booking to a cruisetour booking at the current price for the cruisetour.

It is not an add-on, but a cancellation of what you have and then a new booking.

Exactly correct. A land tour is not an add on to a cruise booking.

Also , any promo goodies that you received with the initial booking rate code

(like Sip & Sail , etc.) , are gone .

Absolutely, why pay for something you won't use. Plus, if you decide to DIY and are a no show (assuming you booked the tour/cruise rather than the cruise/tour) when you show up for the cruise, you might discover you've been cancelled.

Exactly correct. A land tour is not an add on to a cruise booking.

Also , any promo goodies that you received with the initial booking rate code

(like Sip & Sail , etc.) , are gone .

Exactly what I thought - decisions, decisions................the thought of being with a large bunch of people on buses..............now to do a little more homework! Thanks for the answer I already knew but figured I'd ask anyhow!:):p;)

Exactly what I thought - decisions, decisions................the thought of being with a large bunch of people on buses..............now to do a little more homework! Thanks for the answer I already knew but figured I'd ask anyhow!:):p;)

Depending on the cruise tour you decide to book, one is not on a bus for much of the land tour. We have one booked next May, I actually think the only time spent on a bus is little time, as you have quoted, "Large bunch of people."

Do you mean Large (in size) or large (group) of people???? Is when one is traveling with the group to the different hotels. Our tour is at 3 different lodges. One is also, traveling then, on buses set up similar to Greyhound buses, Not school bus without A/C.

Please do the "homework" and see if a cruise tour is for what you are looking for...it may not be.

I do think one could enjoy the cruise tour if this is something you would like to do. But, be kind to others that are going on the land cruise, they have paid a lot of money to enjoy it.

Edited by nanabananna