Regal Princess jogging track/workout stations

lovevacadays

I can't seem to find information on this so thought I would ask. I believe I previously read that there are "workout stations" along the jogging track. Is this true and if so has anyone used the stations? What do they consist of? Any better than just using the weights, etc in the gym?

I can't seem to find information on this so thought I would ask. I believe I previously read that there are "workout stations" along the jogging track. Is this true and if so has anyone used the stations? What do they consist of? Any better than just using the weights, etc in the gym?

I need to minimize time in the sun so rarely use the completely exposed 1/7 mile jogging/walking track and instead use the gym's treadmills for my cardio workout.

CC has a sticky at the top of this Princess forum with 3000+ photos of the Regal (Royal is the same except for a few modifications done to the Regal).

Here's the direct link to photos of the track including a couple of photos of some of the "workout stations":

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/jogging-track-100438/

They don't use weights but instead your body's weight for resistance at those stations.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I don't have problems opening Princess webpages but couldn't open either of the links that you provided.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I don't have problems opening Princess webpages but couldn't open either of the links that you provided.

Sorry Astro Flyer. I don't know what happened to the link earlier. Will ask someone to check it later.

Your link though addressed the OPs question. Thanks.

Jogging track & Workout stations :eek: I'm on vacation.

Tony

The workout stations along the running path is nothing special and something you would find at a local park that nobody really uses. There is no resistance at all. (picture Tony Little on his self power gazelle glider) I think they were placed there just to fill in the space. I would just stick to the fitness center for weights but def run outside if the weather is nice!

For me , they break up the boredom of Jogging/Walking the track . Every lap or so , try a different piece of equipment.:)

That's just like some parks that have these types of devices added to a walk along a pathway and they're useful for some passengers such as you. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I love the running track on Regal...no word of a lie, but I did my last 20k training run on the track before doing a 1/2 marathon in Disney, last November. Nice way to skip training in snow storm weather where I live. The exercise stations do not offer any resistance whatsoever but do offer a break from jogging/walking or to cool down after running a couple of laps on the open deck. If you are serious about exercising, then head for the gym.