How exclusive is the haven

AandBmom

A few questions.

Can my bro get the haven and have his kids registered in a regular room with grandparents, but have them come visit, sleep in the haven, etc.

Do you need a special bracelet, sail card, etc? Do they care?

Also can haven residents have non haven residents visit and use the courtyard, etc?

Or just come to the room?

It's the getaway if that matters

They could visit their parents in the parents stateroom, but if they are in a non- Haven cabin with other adults, I would be very surprised if they were extended Haven privileges.

Guests that do not have a Haven room are not allowed to use the courtyard.

A few questions.

Can my bro get the haven and have his kids registered in a regular room with grandparents, but have them come visit, sleep in the haven, etc.

Yes, they can visit the stateroom and stay in the stateroom for as long as they like. They cannot use the Haven facilities such as the lounge, pool, hot-tub, bar, courtyard, etc.

Haven access room cards look and act differently than other cards. Only the person staying in the Haven category stateroom can access the Haven. This includes Haven staterooms outside of the Haven complex (H6, H7, H8, H9).

Those found in the Haven who should not be there will be "asked" to leave.

Also can haven residents have non haven residents visit and use the courtyard, etc?

No, not even for "just a few minutes....just to look around".

Straight to the room, not a tour of the Haven.

When we had our "Welcome to the Haven" speech on the Escape the concierge told us very clearly that the area was for our use only. If we were traveling with family or friends staying outside of the Haven that we were welcome to entertain them in our suite but that they were not allowed in any common areas of the Haven, he then stressed that it was our private place and they want us to have the best experience ever. This was within 5 minutes of arriving with a group of Haven guests that all boarded together.

This was our 3rd Haven stay but first on Escape and first time we heard it spelled out that clearly right from the start. Perhaps they had that question asked earlier or they were just laying out expectations early. Our travel companions had the adjoining Haven cabin so no issues for us.

He's trying to be cost effective (don't shoot the messanger).

Can he book his young children with grandma in an inside for cheaper and then they sleep in the haven, entering and exiting using mom and dad's card?

Can he book his young children with grandma in an inside for cheaper and then they sleep in the haven, entering and exiting using mom and dad's card?

How many kids and people total? Why don't they just book a 2-bedroom suite (sleeps 6) and have everyone in the Haven together?

I strongly suggest not trying to "sneak" anyone in the Haven. On our last cruise, there were a bunch of non-Haven people in the courtyard and people were really upset about this. Pay for being there or don't be there at all.

One of the biggest perks for people is the Haven restaurant -- does he plan on eating the entire week without the kids? Either book everyone in the Haven or no one -- splitting parties is not the best idea.

To me, "cost effective" and Haven are mutually exclusive terms. Want the perks and exclusivity for all in your party? Book them all into Haven accommodations. Call me crazy, but just seems like common sense.

I think the answer to that will be no. The only exception I've heard people mention is if the parents book in the haven and put the children by themselves in an inside. I don't know how that works age-wise though. I don't know if it will help with it bring cheaper or not, but many sailings have 3rd and 4th guests sail free, does the one he's looking at not? Then it wouldn't matter which room the kids were booked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If people could bring in family members booked in regular rooms to enjoy the haven courtyard it would completly take away from those who paid to be in the haven for the relaxing features.

Hopefully you can get a haven room for everyone in your party.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think the answer to that will be no. The only exception I've heard people mention is if the parents book in the haven and put the children by themselves in an inside. I don't know how that works age-wise though. I don't know if it will help with it bring cheaper or not, but many sailings have 3rd and 4th guests sail free, does the one he's looking at not? Then it wouldn't matter which room the kids were booked in.

You technically have to have an adult (over 21) in every room. You technically can not book a "kids room"

If people could bring in family members booked in regular rooms to enjoy the haven courtyard it would completly take away from those who paid to be in the haven for the relaxing features.

Agree

You technically have to have an adult (over 21) in every room. You technically can not book a "kids room"

I'm aware of that. Maybe it was a connecting balcony? But someone did mention that if children of suite members were in a non-suite room without an adult they were granted suite privileges.

I think I know the answer to this but will ask anyway.Suppose you have a connecting cabin to to a Haven suite? I booked a Haven aft suite on the BA and also have the connecting room as there are 6 of us. The connecting room is not a Haven suite but it is the only was to get 6 of us together due to cabin availabilty. I assume the people in the connecting cabin will not have Haven privileges. Am I correct?

Edited by tmilak

This. Seems like common sense to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I know the answer to this but will ask anyway.Suppose you have a connecting cabin to to a Haven suite? I booked a Haven aft suite on the BA and also have the connecting room as there are 6 of us. The connecting room is not a Haven suite but it is the only was to get 6 of us together due to cabin availabilty. I assume the people in the connecting cabin will not have Haven privileges. Am I correct?

I have heard they can get Haven access, but I believe they have to be direct family members (e.g. parents in the Haven, kids in the connecting cabin). That's from a few posts here on CC, but I have no personal experience, so take it for what you will.

Non-Haven guests can be invited to the Haven restaurant for a $25 pp charge. I believe there is a 2-meal limit for guests. At least that was my experience on Escape a few months ago.

Its very simple.....If you cant afford to bring your whole family into the Haven, than you should book a mini suite and enjoy family time with the rest of the ship. Would you think its ok to spend 7K for a cabin and see another family bringing in friends and family in who got an inside cabin to use the courtyard and such? I would be very annoyed.

Edited by macanudo23

They can visit your cabin, and get in-cabin meals WITH you..but they won't be allowed into the "haven" areas...that's for those who PAID for it..via the cabin price!

I would have paid for it but there were no cabins available as I stated in my post. Just thought i would ask GEEZ!! Chill out.

A few questions.

It's the getaway if that matters

I would guess a case could be made to allow the children Haven access because their parents are there, but the grandparents would not be granted access under any circumstances.

It would not be my way of going about getting my kids access to the Haven, but to each his own I suppose.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

A lot of people "know it all" But sometimes there are circumstances. I'm sure they are all on a case by case basis.

I was a product of multiple cancellations by Norwegian. Well, an offer that was made to us was a Haven Penthouse and an Inside across from the Penthouse. Originally all members that were booked in a 2 Bedroom had suite privileges. Now if you go just by the cabin and not the circumstances, some members of our party would lose out on what was Originally paid for.

So, am I expecting that all members of our party receive Suite privileges, YES. I was assured in the crazy rebooking process. I hope it is honored

I'll let you know in February

But, to reiterate, this is a forum and everyone doesn't always no everything or every situation, no matter what they claim

I was a product of multiple cancellations by Norwegian. Well, an offer that was made to us was a Haven Penthouse and an Inside across from the Penthouse. Originally all members that were booked in a 2 Bedroom had suite privileges. Now if you go just by the cabin and not the circumstances, some members of our party would lose out on what was Originally paid for.

But your circumstances are not the same as the OP's, as you originally paid for all members of your party to be in The Haven. If you were given other accommodations through circumstances that were out of your control you should still get what you paid for, which is Haven access, even if the best they could do were inside cabins for your entire party.

You didn't book a Haven cabin and a non-Haven cabin and then wonder if the non-Haven passengers could get Haven access because you were all sailing together. Apples and oranges.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

If the adjoing cabin are minors ONLY ( no adult booked in room) then they will get Haven priv.

We all do not fit in an H6 or 7 so we book the connecting balcony and the kids get Haven.

Have done this twice as we don't like the H4.

it ends up costing more than an H4, but worth it.

Edited by Annmeat