MDR lunch menu ?

go4ak

When the main dining room is open for lunch is the menu basically the same food that's in the Horizon Court... but in a "formal" setting?

Or, is it more of an abbreviated version of a dinner menu?

Thanks.

When the main dining room is open for lunch is the menu basically the same food that's in the Horizon Court... but in a "formal" setting?

Thanks.

Lunch is served in the MDR only on sea days from noon to 1:30 PM. The food served is different from what is offered in the HC. A hamburger is always offered along with a chicken, beef and seafood entree. Salads and dessert are also offered at lunch. Many times we have lunch in the MDR on sea days.

I can't ever remember a time where the MDR had the same menu as what's in the buffet. We much prefer both breakfast and lunch in the MDR when it's available as an option, including lunch on embarkation day.

Lunch offerings tend to be lighter although you may see a similar protein between the two, i.e. Salmon.

Thanks.

No.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Here are a couple of lunch menus. They are a few years old now, but they'll give you a good idea of what to expect:

Thanks for your time to post the menus ... still (as of January 2016) an excellent idea of what to expect in the MDR for lunch. :)

Edited by OCruisers

No.

Thanks for the details. LOL. ;) The lunch menu will have some "lunchy" things like a salad or hamburger or a fancy sandwich, but there will also be some dinner-type entrees and also desserts. I like to get some soup and then one of the salads, with grilled chicken maybe. I have very seldom seen any similarity between what's offered in the MDR and the buffet.

Thank you everyone for the information.

Especially the fact that it's a casual setting and an idea of what is served by showing the menus.

Sounds nice and relaxed and certainly a step above the Horizon Court.

I'll watch for info in the Patter. I'm leaving Thursday and can't wait!

Thanks again!