Shorts ok for lunch in MDR on embarkation day ?

The Other Tom

We'll be embarking in FLL and I suspect the weather will be warm, if not hot. We'll probably be wearing shorts when we board and want to grab a quick lunch while our luggage is being loaded. Are shorts ok in the MDR under these conditions ?

Shorts are always acceptable to wear for breakfast or lunch.

Mike:)

We'll be embarking in FLL and I suspect the weather will be warm, if not hot. We'll probably be wearing shorts when we board and want to grab a quick lunch while our luggage is being loaded. Are shorts ok in the MDR under these conditions ?

Shorts are fine any day for lunch in the DR.

Yes, absolutely. Most pax board in shorts when in Florida. Actually saw a few do it on the QM2 in late Nov. in New York! Shorts are also fine during your cruise for breakfast/lunch times. After that the daily stated dress codes apply. You may wish to wear shorts in the buffet areas at any time(bathing shorts excepted, however)

May be okay but not in good taste.

Taste is subjective, I think. Because of the complications of getting to the ship and on the ship, Princess is lenient about things such as dress codes on the first day. I have seen shorts in the MDR at dinner on day one. No one is going to complain about OP's dress on embarkation day.

Taste is subjective, I think. Because of the complications of getting to the ship and on the ship, Princess is lenient about things such as dress codes on the first day. I have seen shorts in the MDR at dinner on day one. No one is going to complain about OP's dress on embarkation day.

That was my point in saying it is okay. I still say it is not in good taste even on the first day. It is not like there are not other options. People today have not standards and that is too bad.

That was my point in saying it is okay. I still say it is not in good taste even on the first day. It is not like there are not other options. People today have not standards and that is too bad.

That's just it. I have standards, and my standards won't let me eat in the buffet. :)

Then a lot of passengers, including me, are not living up to your standards. Thankfully Princess agrees that shorts are OK for breakfast and dinner. You're free to dress to the nines while the rest of us are at sixes and sevens.

Yes they are allowed.

Yes they are ok.