Does someone knows what's the empty space between these 2 cabins?

dosi58

Hi,

Im looking to book 2 Promenade interior cabins on Freedom of the Seas

There's availability in :

8287 and 8289 - but there's a blank spot between 8287 and 8283

8595 and 8597 - but there's a blank spot between 8597 and 8607

7587 and 7589 - but there's a blank spot between 7587 and 7583

7287 and 7289 - but there's a blank spot between 7287 and 7283

Can anyone tell what are the blank spots about? Is it were the towels\sheets etc' are stored and used by the stewardes? (I wouldn"t want to be near a storage with a lot of movement around....)

Thanks for any info you could provide

They most likely are crew service areas. If so, activity around them would generally be during the times of day when your stateroom is being made up. I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Yes, I suspect the smaller ones are linen lockers, where the cabin service carts are kept, the larger ones are likely pantries, where the stewards have ice makers and glass washers.

I've also heard these spaces can be access to the performer areas above the Promenade. In general, beware these unknowns. We booked on board for a recently past cruise and were repeatedly assured that the blank space showing on the cabin diagram opposite our stateroom was "nothing at all" or "just a stairwell." I should have known better, but you'd think the loyalty ambassador wouldn't lie outright. Of course, it was the galley area, so every night and morning we had noise from them collecting glasses and dishware, banging around carts, etc.

On Freedom now and we are in 6315. Well was woke up this morning to slamming in the adjoining space yes storage and noisy. I would stay away from the spaces from now on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Over the years I have booked guarantee cabins that always seem to be assigned next to the "empty" spaces. I have been next to:

- elevator equipment rooms

- pool pumps

- access doors for crew who slammed doors all night

Avoid if possible!

Lou

I stayed in room 2001 on the Jewel that was surrounded by a blank area ... it was the crew hallway. I heard them each time I ordered room service and that was pretty much the only time there was noise in that hallway. I absolutely loved it :)

On Freedom now and we are in 6315. Well was woke up this morning to slamming in the adjoining space yes storage and noisy. I would stay away from the spaces from now on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm in 6321 in November which is on the other side of the storage closet from you. Is this wake-up a daily thing or intermittent? I'm usually an early riser for breakfast but would like to go back to sleep on sea days...

We once were next to a storage closet, actually on the other side of the wall next to our bed's headboard. Every morning at 4 am I was awoken by loud banging, etc. I guess that is when the staff started restocking the area. I can't say it ruined my cruise. I have never been on a bad cruise!!:D