Repositioning Cruises

Tushers

Hi, We are looking for a very specific cruise and wondering how we go about finding it, we wish to sail on a Celebrity ship only, and fly to Sydney spend a few weeks there and then get a cruise all the way back to Southampton.

Im guessing the best way to do this is to get a repositioning cruise, but I don't ever see them advertised, how do I find out? We wish to do this in either 2018 or 2019.

Thank you

The first thing I would do is look on the Celebrity website to if they offer anything of this type currently. I am not familiar with Celebrity's schedule, but I would start there. 2018 schedules are just starting to come out, but you can get some ideas if they are offering something similar in 2016 or 2017.

I would also ask on the Celebrity board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

That is a pretty unique cruise...it would most likely only be offered once, or at most twice a year- one each way- and be in the 30 day long range.

We looked through a few data bases and cannot find any such itinerary for any Celebrity ship. Both Cunard and Princess do this type cruise, but they are part of very long voyages generally over 50 days.

Hank

Celebrity usually only has Solstice cruising down our way, and she goes back to the US at the end of our season, including the 2018 one.

The 2019 itineraries haven't been released yet.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Hi, We are looking for a very specific cruise and wondering how we go about finding it, we wish to sail on a Celebrity ship only, and fly to Sydney spend a few weeks there and then get a cruise all the way back to Southampton.

Im guessing the best way to do this is to get a repositioning cruise, but I don't ever see them advertised, how do I find out? We wish to do this in either 2018 or 2019.

Thank you

If you want to limit yourself to one cruise line, you may not find what you want. You need to choose which is more important to you: the itinerary or the cruise line. Sometimes you can get both, but not often.

You can do Celebrity Solstice from Sydney to Honolulu, HI then HI to Vancouver - thats about 30 - 35 days or so. Then fly Vancouver to NYC and cross from there.

Yes, but not immediately on Celebrity - which will probably sail from Miami to Southampton the following April -- allowing OP sufficient time to walk from Vancouver. Yes, a silly concept, but not that much sillier than refusing to consider lines other than Celebrity.

...we wish to sail on a Celebrity ship only...

Understood, and in addition to the other comments and suggestions, I wanted to say that Royal Caribbean has reciprocity with their loyalty status. Celebrity and Royal are sister lines and they recognize each other's status (but points are not transferable and are earned only on the line you sail). If you would be willing to consider Royal Caribbean your loyalty status, whatever it is by now, would transfer over with a quick phone call to Royal's Crown and Anchor Society. :)

Yes, but not immediately on Celebrity - which will probably sail from Miami to Southampton the following April -- allowing OP sufficient time to walk from Vancouver. Yes, a silly concept, but not that much sillier than refusing to consider lines other than Celebrity.

Yes - the crossing would have to be on Cunard that time of year. Mid May it ends in Vancouver - I think all the EB TA's will be done by then.

Edited by CapeCodCruiser