What is the appeal or value of Johnny Rockets cover charge?

With gem posts like this, how can it get worse? ;););)

I'm glad you let us know. We might have been worried about you.

Again, you're one of the main reasons a lot of people would agree with me. Don't really care if you are worried about me. [emoji1303]

You might hospitalize yourself with these types of outbursts. Relax. And no one needs bold, purple text. This ain't Barney & Friends.

Some people just see hamburgers as hamburgers. Maybe that person is one of those people.

I know people that will just about fight to the death over specific brands of mayo. It's just a condiment and a pretty crappy condiment at that. As long as it's not by the bananas, who really cares?

Well I Am relaxed and I don't believe it's an outburst! Oh and I have been using the bold and purple font since I joined on here in 2010 which I use as something that is personal to me and really could care less if you think it is needed or not! :cool:

Well I Am relaxed and I don't believe it's an outburst! Oh and I have been using the bold and purple font since I joined on here in 2010 which I use as something that is personal to me and really could care less if you think it is needed or not! :cool:

Purple is fine, just don't use that awful lime green. I can never read it.

We're not big WJ fans so we almost always eat one lunch per cruise at a cover-charge place. Johnny Rocket's is the only one open during lunch hours on several ships. I agree that at the current cover, it's not really a very good value, but then again I think they've totally jumped the shark with Chops at $30/pp plus the cost of premium dishes. And $10/pp for a Character Breakfast was a one-and-done for us as well.

All of these extra dining options were a great novelty when they first began to emerge (and JR's was certainly one of RCCL's first) and we anxiously tried them all. But now we're almost ready to decide that on our next cruise we'll stick exclusively to the included options. I'll bet it doesn't detract from our enjoyment one bit.

Edited by ronandannette

Well, I wondered where all the fighting and bickering had been lately - it's here! :eek: And over a non issue like JR's. Wow.

We've gone a few times - usually as a late lunch/early dinner where we can go from the pool deck, stuff ourselves, waddle back to the room to change for the evening. I just can't handle 3 meals every day on a cruise - too much food! I'm really not going to obsess over $7 on a vacation.

didn't you unfollow this thread about 3 posts ago. :p

Still get notified when people quote a post. (As you did again) All kinds of smart asses here I guess.

Aren't you supposed to be out eating a burger that may or may not be as good as JR or the WJ but might be more fresh but may not be but might cost a whole 6.95 (with unlimited soda, fries, and rings) which is a fortune when you are on a vacation that costs thousands of dollars? Lol

The value to me is that if I want a decent hamburger on a Royal Caribbean ship, I have the option to pay a small surcharge and get one. The Windjammer burgers are TERRIBLE! :eek: Im not even sure they are real beef :cool: so I couldnt disagree anymore than what I do with the OP that said JR burgers are on par with WJ burgers lol. Food is subject but there is absolutely no comparing a processed, precooked frozen meat "pattie" to a burger made fresh from ground beef IMO.

Ive heard about the bistro burger from room service being really good as well but I dont do room service on cruise ships. Takes too long and Im not in the cabin long enough during the day.

Guys burgers on Magic were better to me than Johnny Rockets and they were "free". There is no waiters though or endless onion rings. JR onion rings are great.

Edited by ryano

That kind of stuff don't bother me cause I'm not out eating that like that all the time. But when I do on those occasions want to go out for a burger, I want to enjoy a nice big, thick, juicy, greasy, bacon cheeseburger with all the fixins! I don't go out for a health conscious burger! :cool:

Hubby and I would agree with you on that; non of that healthy stuff if we're gonna indulge in a burger. We've had JR's, and the food was just "OK". Certainly not worthy of an EXTRA 7.95 pp, in our opinion...and if I want a real live milk shake, I head straight to Ben & Jerry's if there's one on the ship!

Time to unfollow this useless and now way over done thread haha.

Again, you're one of the main reasons a lot of people would agree with me. Don't really care if you are worried about me. [emoji1303]

Still get notified when people quote a post. (As you did again) All kinds of smart asses here I guess.

Aren't you supposed to be out eating a burger that may or may not be as good as JR or the WJ but might be more fresh but may not be but might cost a whole 6.95 (with unlimited soda, fries, and rings) which is a fortune when you are on a vacation that costs thousands of dollars? Lol

What is your definition of "unfollow"? I ask because clearly it does not match what I think it means.

Edited by Cuizer2

What is your definition of "unfollow"? I ask because clearly it does not match what I think it means.

Well when us dem der people who use dem smart phones and stuff... Aka tapatalk app. You see there's this little option to "unsubscribe" or "unfollow" a thread which I have done with this one.....

But you see... When people, such as yourself, directly quote a post of mine, it notifies me of that and brings me back to the thread.

Any other questions?

Well when us dem der people who use dem smart phones and stuff... Aka tapatalk app. You see there's this little option to "unsubscribe" or "unfollow" a thread which I have done with this one.....

But you see... When people, such as yourself, directly quote a post of mine, it notifies me of that and brings me back to the thread.

Any other questions?

Yes. What good does it do to unsubscribe or unfollow if the stupid smart phone keeps dragging you back? :confused:

This sounds more like you are not following someone while you are behind them on a one way one lane highway with no exits for the next twenty miles.

The value to me is that if I want a decent hamburger on a Royal Caribbean ship, I have the option to pay a small surcharge and get one. The Windjammer burgers are TERRIBLE! :eek: Im not even sure they are real beef :cool: so I couldnt disagree anymore than what I do with the OP that said JR burgers are on par with WJ burgers lol. Food is subject but there is absolutely no comparing a processed, precooked frozen meat "pattie" to a burger made fresh from ground beef IMO.

Ive heard about the bistro burger from room service being really good as well but I dont do room service on cruise ships. Takes too long and Im not in the cabin long enough during the day.

Guys burgers on Magic were better to me than Johnny Rockets and they were "free". There is no waiters though or endless onion rings. JR onion rings are great.

I believe that RCI likes to have all of their charges referred to as "nominal" not matter how high they are.:p

DSC_5704_zpsh8uwy8xd.jpg

DSC_5707_zpsln4f0v1e.jpg

DSC_5710_zpsnyspke5m.jpg

DH and I are watching our health based on 90/10. For the bulk off our year (excluding Thanksgiving and Chrismas) we keep it low fat and lower carb but vacation is wide open. We are looking forward to all of this ^^^^^^^ in September [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I was on last week's sailing. Three friends and I had been drinking in one of the bars. We left because we all had to use the bathroom - really bad. Fortunately one of the public restrooms was near by. We had a little trouble with the door, but we were able to get in. No sooner were we done with our business when four security guards dressed like police officer stopped us as we were getting into the golf cart that would take us to our cabins. One of them pointed a gun at my head and forced us to go to Johnny Rockets and buy a hamburger.

That shook me up pretty good. So at the next port stop I got off and didn't get back on. My friends stayed on the ship and I understand that they were not allowed to disembark. Fortunately they were eventually released and they are home now. I didn't want to say anything sooner because I was concerned for their safety.

So yes, they sometimes do hold a gun to your head and make you buy their hamburgers. :eek:

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha *snort*

Now I'm reminded why we keep going back!

May I use this quote in other posts.

Burt

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I believe that RCI likes to have all of their charges referred to as "nominal" not matter how high they are.:p

Nominal. That's it. :D

It took a few years to get on a ship with Johnny Rockets. I think it was 3.95 then. That wasn't bad and it was worth it . I will probably pass in the future. Finally looking at Oasis for 2018 since she is coming to my favorite homeport and prices are getting reasonable. :)