Aqua Class Blu Question

TexasBlue7

We keep reading how great the Blu dining is on Celebrity. Is Blu a specialty dinning room that requires an extra cost or is dining in the Blu part of the cruise package at no extra cost?

Blu is a specialty restaurant that can only be used by those in Aqua Class and Suites, no cost to eat there. No one else can eat there and they are very strict about enforcing this.

We love Blu but our traveling companions aren't as wild about it, so it makes it difficult when traveling. Either we ALL have to agree to go Aqua or nobody goes Aqua since we wish to dine together

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blu is the assigned dining room for those sailing in Aqua class cabins.

It is smaller than the main dining room, is quieter and more intimate and IMHO has better service. Blu has its own menu although some items from the MDR (shrimp cocktail, French onion soup, Caesar salad) are available in Blu.

Years ago AQ was lower cost than CC for whatever reason. Now that AQ has gotten so popular it is almost always more expensive than Concierge every cruise. Our rule of thumb is to book AQ if no more than $25 to $35 per person per day over Veranda. If more than that premium over Veranda we will not book AQ and just buy dining packages for the better restaurants or "negotiate" good rates day by day (but none are worth the $50/person MSRP rates they want). This is especially true if you are Elite and get a few of these perks.

We see no reason to ever book CC cabins...

Charlie

Years ago AQ was lower cost than CC for whatever reason. Now that AQ has gotten so popular it is almost always more expensive than Concierge every cruise. Our rule of thumb is to book AQ if no more than $25 to $35 per person per day over Veranda. If more than that premium over Veranda we will not book AQ and just buy dining packages for the better restaurants or "negotiate" good rates day by day (but none are worth the $50/person MSRP rates they want). This is especially true if you are Elite and get a few of these perks.

We see no reason to ever book CC cabins...

Charlie

To clarify for new cruisers, though - on M class ships the CC rooms are larger than the regular balcony staterooms. For those who need/want more space, on M class ships there is a reason to book a CC cabin. On S class, I agree with you 90% (the 10% is that I may choose CC for a better location if price were comparable to other balconies)

Blu is our main reason for booking Aqua Class. It's really good.

Including with Aqua class at no additional cost. Yes it is fantastic. Can't get the Mrs. To dine anywhere else. Outstanding personal service!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't wait to experience next year. I have checked out some of the menus and pictures posted and it looks really good.:):):)

I love Aquaclass for its access to Blu. Our last cruise on Reflection was not Aquaclass and I was very disappointed in the main dining room (cold food, slow service, big disappointment).

Our previous experience ( in 2009) on Celebrity in Aquaclass was terrific, but if I am being honest, here is how I described the good food, "That dish was interesting." Not exactly a compliment.......but I did like the food. I didn't over eat (which I appreciated) because instead of being delicious, the food was "interesting". (Example: lettuce soup - very green, and "interesting"!)

Yes, breakfast is better in Blu, the service is far better and the food is served at the correct temperature. I never want to sail on Celebrity in any other class!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have dined in Blu multiple times. We stopped as we found the food not so good. Service also suffers now and table for twos are so close. It is really a row on tables with a couple of inches inbetween. Luminae is much better. however you must be in a suite to access. If we cannot afford a suite, we now book a great location balcony, cabins above and below, and dine in specialty restaurants .on the S class ships, the size of the cabins the same. We do not need access to the Persian garden or the other trinkets offered for additional hundreds of dollars in AQ also locations under the gym and pool aren't ideal unless you are up very early. If the price for CC isn't much more and on MClass ships we move to Cc for the larger cabin.

Edited by Cruise a holic

As posted above, Blu is a perk of booking Aqua Class. For most it is THE reason to book AQ. It is what got us hooked to Aqua...

Here´s the reason why:

[YOUTUBE]IZ5eFfLRz0k[/YOUTUBE]

Looks good to us.:) Thank you for posting this. Our first time dining in Blu

• 2 months later...
Do you know if you can order anything from the MDR in Blu. we have a larger group going but some like blu and others will not and we would prefer to sit together for dinner if possible

Celebrity has been getting away from this however you can get some everynight items such as Shrimp cocktail, onion soup and a couple of other items.

Just as an FYI, all of your party has to be either in Aqua or a suite to eat in Blu. Any other cabins will not be permitted in Blu.

Do you know if you can order anything from the MDR in Blu. we have a larger group going but some like blu and others will not and we would prefer to sit together for dinner if possible

Which Equinox cruise are you on! We are on 10 and 20 Feb 2017. 20 we have the same problem but some are not aqua so we will eat in the MDR some nights and breakfast in Blu and maybe use Blu if the party are out.