Packing for Royal Caribbean..

Iluvmypuggle

Jeans are fine on all but FORMAL nights. I find jeans to heavy for summer weather...I NEVER wear jean in the summer...but you certainly can, if you want!

I never really understand this statement. The interior of the ship is air conditioned, so one can be quite comfortable at dinner in jeans in the summer.

I never really understand this statement. The interior of the ship is air conditioned, so one can be quite comfortable at dinner in jeans in the summer.

And yet, I don't pack jeans in the summer either. Well, I rarely pack jeans period. I don't wear them often at home and I find denim heavy and if it gets wet - it stays wet longer than I prefer. As for air conditioning, sure, but I'm not always in the air conditioned interior of a ship. So I prefer to wear something lighter and add a cardigan or scarf if needed when I go indoors. We all have different needs/priorities when we pack & dress ;)

I wear anything from capris to jeans to sundresses, cocktail dresses and long gowns. It all depends on my mood and what the suggestion is for the MDR.

Quite a few posters will say that jeans are too heavy for the Caribbean, but in my experience, jeans feel comfortable on the ship during the evening although I wouldn't wear them during the daytime or in ports. I rarely wear jeans at home during the summer months but they seem to work for me on a Caribbean cruise.:D

Sherri:)

Guest maddycat
The dress code on the website is a bit vague.. Are jeans acceptable for dinner for both men & women, with the exception of the formal restaurant?

I've seen your posts on the RCI Anthem board. We were on the Anthem in April and will be on her again in Oct. Out of 30+ cruises (20+ on RCI) she was our favorite ship. We loved just about everything.

During the day I wore capris but at night both my husband and I wore dark jeans (blue or black). The AC on the ship is very strong, especially in 270. I'm another one who never wears jeans in the summer at home. However, I live in jeans the rest of the year.

For formal nights (2/7 nights) I wore a full suit including a tie! On two of the nights I walked right into the MDR with board shorts (dry) and a tshirt - the main hostess laughed and said she liked me better in the suit (the Matrix Lady if you've been on my time dining the Oasis of the Seas this summer) . At the end of the day I am on vacation, I have no problem dressing up for formal nights but the rest of the nights I'm going to wear whatever I want... Seemed like the staff of the Oasis totally understood this and had no issues. I might have seen a single digit amount of other guys walk in with shorts, at a minimum it was jeans or slacks per the website.

Assuming if you are nice they don't really care...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me, neither, but it is one of her favorite pieces of "advice". ;)

Me, neither, but it is one of her favorite pieces of "advice". ;)

:D:D:D

Interestingly enough though, my jeans go into my closet in June and do not come out again until as late as I can get away with it, hopefully September (I am in western Canada). I love wearing skirts in the summer, even if it is cloudy or raining. It's still summer, as far as I'm concerned.

I have never worn my jeans in the Caribbean, but I understand that others might. :)

:D:D:D

Interestingly enough though, my jeans go into my closet in June and do not come out again until as late as I can get away with it, hopefully September (I am in western Canada). I love wearing skirts in the summer, even if it is cloudy or raining. It's still summer, as far as I'm concerned.

I have never worn my jeans in the Caribbean, but I understand that others might. :)

I agree...here in New England or on a Carib. cruise it is VERY RARELY (do you like my CAPS?) that I wear jeans in the summer, but I NEVER say NEVER !!!:D