Sip-n-sail v. 3 for free

sterling2

what am I missing? Seems like sip-n-sail is the better deal. Prices for 3 for free are a ? Right now. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is no way to know until the 3 for free promo is available. Also, your selected voyage may or may not have the 3 for free promo. And, of course, it depends on how much you will drink.

Edited by sknight

The missing piece right now is the fare chart for 3 for free. If the fares go down, the new promotion might be a better deal all-in. And as sknight pointed out, the real worth of the AIBP depends on how much and what you drink.

Personally when I booked the sip and sail last year I haven't seen a fare reduction big enough or a promo good enough to negate the value. My cabin class never fell until after final payment. Personally on this upcoming trip I think we plan to drink more than usual, so the sip and sail will be great. We looked at doing an all inclusive but this promo makes our cruise basically like staying at an all inclusive resort. But, in the future, the 3 for free might be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The question for me is whether the cruise I want to book - Crown TA in April - will be included in the 3 for free. So tomorrow I'll book under the sip and sail promo though I'll take the on board credit instead of the AIBP (don't drink that much) then will see if my sailing is cover in the new promo or not. If it is then consider switching.

I'm waiting to book under the 3 For Free. I'll be booking an Inside and an Oceanview, neither of which fall under the Sip n Sail promotion. And the cabins we're looking at are already the cheapest (Star Princess, Emerald deck, fore. We want the two cabins close together), so it's a 2 For Free sale for me. :D

If I booked an April sailing under the sip-n-sail promotion and used a future cruise deposit and later changed the booking under the 3 for free promotion, would the onboard credit transfer to the new booking?

If you switch to the 3 for free, then any Princess amenities not associated with the 3 for free promotion will not apply.

Thus any sip-n-sail amenities will not transfer to a different booking.

Why hold off for the 3 for free vs just booking now, secure your cabin, and then change later should a better deal arise. It seems to me that once I know I am going on a cruise, I secure my cabin of choice knowing if a better deal comes along I can transfer or cancel/rebook if necessary. What am I missing by waiting for the promo to begin?

Edited by masterty

If you switch to the 3 for free, then any Princess amenities not associated with the 3 for free promotion will not apply.

Thus any sip-n-sail amenities will not transfer to a different booking.

I'm thinking they meant the FCD OBC. And I think the answer is yes as long as the booking isn't cancelled and is merely switched to the new promotion? But I'm not 100% sure.

I just booked a cruise yesterday to secure the cabin I wanted. II told my TA in full disclosure that I will want a "reprice" with the new promo to see if I want to switch. I'm one of the weird ones who doesn't like the sip n sail promo.

I booked another cruise today under the Sip n Sail. The price seems steep to me but I'll see how things shape up in the future. The cruise isn't until March 2018 so there may be many different promos offered before final payment. I can keep what I have or switch if it becomes profitable.

We already had a 28 day cruise booked under the Sip n Sail. The price was the same with the promo for a sailing next year as it was this year without the promo so it was a pretty easy choice.

Here's a suggestion...book the sip and sail, the deposit is only 100.00 per person and is refundable, then wait for the 3 for free and see which is better and either keep the sip and sail or roll it over to the new sale!

• 1 month later...

So now that the sale is out, what is the verdict. It seems like I can save $1,000 plus on my booking if I switch, taking into account the obc and the cheaper price. We aren't big drinkers, so wouldn't really be able to maximize the sip n sail I don't think. That $1000 is a huge difference to me. Any reasons I am missing as to why I shouldn't take the reprice?

Edited by alexadeparis

So now that the sale is out, what is the verdict. It seems like I can save $1,000 plus on my booking if I switch, taking into account the obc and the cheaper price. We aren't big drinkers, so wouldn't really be able to maximize the sip n sail I don't think. That $1000 is a huge difference to me. Any reasons I am missing as to why I shouldn't take the reprice?

If you can save $1000, I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't switch. Especially if you won't get full use of the AIBP.

If you can save $1000, I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't switch. Especially if you won't get full use of the AIBP.

As long as your bar tab (including coffee, bottled water, etc) will probably be less than $1000.

Maddle

So I called this morning - and switched. Total before with sip and sail was $859 more than new pricing under 3 for free, taking into account the lesser OBC ($400 in lieu of beverage package v $200) and the prepaid grats ($259) with the cheaper price ($600 less).

It's a win for me.

Edited by alexadeparis

Our 28 day cruise hasn't gone down with the 3 for Free. It's actually showing as $100 more per person than when we booked under the Sip n Sail. Given $200 extra cost for the cabin and the $300 OBC with the 3 for Free vs the $3,155 AIBP with the Sip n Sail there is no contest.

We booked our Panama Canal Cruise for Feb 2018 under the Sip n'Sail promo (we booked a balcony cabin)

We have never had the package before, but I am thinking that with all the sea days, it will be a valuable commodity.

Friends booked an inside cabin so did not qualify for sip n sail. They changed their booking to the 3 for free. Saved $500 on the fare, plus the gratuities.

It is a 15 day cruise. so well worth it for them to switch.

For us, unless the rate goes down enough to be able to pay for the beverage package, it doesn't make sense to switch.

Happy Cruising!!!!