Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, vunico said:

Wow...Who would have guessed that this once thriving and valuable thread would go dark for one full month. 

Come on folks...I need some tips !

There aren't a lot of solo bargains out there right now! Especially with much more certainty about the path to restart, demand appears to be rising and prices are definitely rising to match.

For example, I had landed a great bargain, a solo Bella balcony on a 7-day MSC Divina cruise for this October. I cancelled that booking today. When I booked it, the price was about $650. I checked today before cancelling and the same cabin, solo occupancy in Bella class, is now $939.

Because of the renewed interest in booking, I think that for a little while we're going to find solo bargains mainly in cruises past their final payment dates. Now that I've cancelled this one, I've got late August through late November open and will keep an eye out for a last-minute bargain. 

• Like 1

There are some excellent prices for solo travelers on Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau in the August and September sailings. $973 to $1079 (plus taxes) before any Crown & Anchor, Resident or Senior discounts, for an Ocean View Balcony.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vunico said:

Thanks...there seems to be friendlier supplements on some of the premium lines.

If you're interested in the premium lines, yes, the single supplements are definitely friendlier! Crystal and Seabourn both have low supplements on their summer cruises.

Okay, I just did the math and discovered that my single supplement on the Aug 7 NCL Joy cruise works out to be 88% on a MB category (Club Balcony). If I had opted for a MA (higher deck), the supplement is 100%. Supplement on a BF balcony is 78% but it's 100% on a BB (BAs are sold out). The high deck inside cabins (IA) are at 88% supplement. Not massive bargains but still nice to see.

20 hours ago, dswallow said:

There are some excellent prices for solo travelers on Adventure of the Seas out of Nassau in the August and September sailings. $973 to $1079 (plus taxes) before any Crown & Anchor, Resident or Senior discounts, for an Ocean View Balcony.

Probably worth noting, too, is that these sailings are definitely sailing, unlike most every other sailing being sold out there right now. 🙂

• Like 2

22 hours ago, coastcat said:

Because of the renewed interest in booking, I think that for a little while we're going to find solo bargains mainly in cruises past their final payment dates. Now that I've cancelled this one, I've got late August through late November open and will keep an eye out for a last-minute bargain. 

This has always been my practice. I've booked as close to 4 days before sailing and as far out as 6 weeks before. I don't think cruise lines see any benefit in dropping prices before final payment.

• Like 1

For those who prefer small ships (400 or fewer passengers), Windstar currently has a bunch of cruises with reduced solo supplement (25% compared to their usual 75%). Star Clippers has sailings with no solo supplement.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Just booked my first solo cruise at what I think is a great price.  Celebrity Equinox Western Caribbean, 8/1/21 out of Ft. Lauderdale, 1B balcony cabin "all in" at $2,013.  On Celebrity this includes all alcoholic drinks (classic package versus premium but that is good enough for me), tips and WiFi.  The same ship sailing the same itinerary on 7/18 is over $5,000 so I'm not sure why this one is so cheap but I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth!  I've been on Equinox three times before and it is a beautiful ship.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 10:43 AM, MichiganBound said:

Heads up!  The solo supplement on the NCL Gem out of Miami on 8/22 is around 42%.  They are doing three 7-day Gem cruises out of Miami in August but only the 8/22 sailing has the attractive solo supplement.  

Well the 42% single supplement is gone for now.  It's back to 100%.  I don't know if it was a glitch or if enough people booked it...but it's gone now.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Three solo trips booked.  Bargains, all.  Price per day includes taxes, gratuities, and vacation protection plan.

25 Oct 2021 5 nite Brilliance OTS studio interior - $137/day

31 Jan 2022 11 nite Anthem OTS Studio Balcony - $181/day

24 Jan 2023 11 nite Anthem OTS Studio Balcony - $240/day

Planning on (but waiting to see what happens to the 25 Oct trip)

26 Sep 2022 5 nite Rhapsody OTS Interior - 178/day

I expect to see a price drop on the trips over a year out, down to more in line with the other two.  This has happened on my previous 3 RCI trips - 20% price drops about 6-9 months out.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gmerick said:

Three solo trips booked.  Bargains, all.  Price per day includes taxes, gratuities, and vacation protection plan.

25 Oct 2021 5 nite Brilliance OTS studio interior - $137/day

31 Jan 2022 11 nite Anthem OTS Studio Balcony - $181/day

24 Jan 2023 11 nite Anthem OTS Studio Balcony - $240/day

Planning on (but waiting to see what happens to the 25 Oct trip)

26 Sep 2022 5 nite Rhapsody OTS Interior - 178/day

I expect to see a price drop on the trips over a year out, down to more in line with the other two.  This has happened on my previous 3 RCI trips - 20% price drops about 6-9 months out.

too look lazy to look now, where is embarkation, please?

I'm interested how early you need to book these solo deals? For example if they post the deals early and later retract them as rooms book up. The cruise i'm interested in is something i found on cruise plum so people here probably already know about it - celebrity edge balcony to caribbean from fort lauderdale with nov-march dates. I'm not familiar with how celebrity does things.

Oops that's dates from 2022-2023. However, they seem to have quite a few other caribbean cruises at a good price in 2021. I thought the itinerary for the nov 2022-march 2023 sounded nice.

Edited by christinand

Uniworld is currently waiving the single supplement charege on selected 2021 sailings. Those sailings also seem to be priced at 50% of the regular prices. In effect a single is paying twice the current sale price based on double occupancy, but only half of the regular double occupancy pricing (I hope that makes sense).

The sale ends June 30.

19 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

Uniworld is currently waiving the single supplement charege on selected 2021 sailings. Those sailings also seem to be priced at 50% of the regular prices. In effect a single is paying twice the current sale price based on double occupancy, but only half of the regular double occupancy pricing (I hope that makes sense).

The sale ends June 30.

Not too clear. Is it a bargain??

8 hours ago, bones774 said:

Not too clear. Is it a bargain??

I’m so sorry to be confusing! Currently (last day is tomorrow 30 June), a single pays double the per pax cruise fare on selected sailings. However, this is HALF the price these sailings usually go for. So, whether you are traveling 2 per cabin or just one in the cabin, prices are half the list price of normal sailings. So in my case, I paid just a little under $4,000 for either 1 or 2 in my cabin.
Selected sailings only. Uniworld is usually one of the more expensive luxury lines.

I hope this helps.

The January 30, 2022 sailing of Celebrity Edge to the Western Caribbean is offering super low solo supplements in all categories. The only cabins not going for cheap are the single-occupancy Single Infinite Verandas! Those are priced at $2213, but you could book a regular Infinite Veranda as a solo for $1800. That’s somewhere around a 15% solo supplement over the ppdo prices. Even a cabin in The Retreat can be had for a really low supplement.

I cancelled my March Edge booking in a Single Infinite Veranda in favor of a Sunset Veranda (aft balcony) on the January 30 cruise. The ppdo price of the Sunset Veranda is $1564; as a solo, I’m paying $1789. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I decided it was time to travel again, so in mid-May I booked a Celebrity Edge Single Infinite Veranda cabin doing the Eastern Caribbean October 22-29, 2021.  It's my birthday present to myself as I hit a milestone birthday.  My late husband and I had sailed on Celebrity four times and enjoyed every sailing.  The solo price was really good, and I ended up with some nice OBCs.

On Thursday I got an email from Cunard announcing their 2021 Independence Day Sale.  The next day I went under deposit for the Queen Elizabeth R/T Barcelona sailing August 23-30, 2023, with stops in Villefranche, Rome, Naples, and Majorca.  The prices in this sale are the best I've seen for solo travelers on Cunard.  This will be my second cruise with them, and I'm even more excited about that than my October trip.

Needless to say, I'm hoping to start working down my bucket list of places I'd like to go to, and cruising is something I love, and a fairly safe way to travel solo!

Edited by OctoberLace
delete blank lines
  • Like 1

Just booked super cheap cruise for 3 days on MSC Maraviglia.  Its my very fist time cruising with MSC.  August 6-9, the price was the same for inside and balcony.  I paid $280.50 total including taxes and feel for a balcony.  

• Like 6