Farewell

Andy

• Administrators

I'm one of those types that don't like "people change". Change a logo? Yeah. Change a policy? Fine. Change people who I have come to love and rely on....no way!

Andy has been with me (yes, I'm going to say ME rather than Cruise Critic) since our old AOL chat room and travel forum days. That is a very long time ago. There aren't many people who can say they have a consistent work & friendship for that number of years.

I'm going to miss Andy's style of moderating AND participation. Listen, we all know it can get frantic and crazy on many forums. No matter how much time is spend actually moderating, Andy has always found the time to participate and offer his own experiences and opinions. Andy truly enjoys cruising and helping others -- a prerequisite for being the consummate Cruise Critic Host.

I wish Andy well, but I'm comforted in knowing that he'll be participating ***on another forum here on Cruise Critic*** as well as continuing his participation on his fave cruise line forums as well. I wish him well, and know he'll do an excellent job! However, the Cruise Critic door is always open....

Thanks for years of help, Andy. Your loyalty to Cruise Critic and me, personally, is worth its weight in gold.

Laura

I'm one of those types that don't like "people change". Change a logo? Yeah. Change a policy? Fine. Change people who I have come to love and rely on....no way!

Andy has been with me (yes, I'm going to say ME rather than Cruise Critic) since our old AOL chat room and travel forum days. That is a very long time ago. There aren't many people who can say they have a consistent work & friendship for that number of years.

I'm going to miss Andy's style of moderating AND participation. Listen, we all know it can get frantic and crazy on many forums. No matter how much time is spend actually moderating, Andy has always found the time to participate and offer his own experiences and opinions. Andy truly enjoys cruising and helping others -- a prerequisite for being the consummate Cruise Critic Host.

I wish Andy well, but I'm comforted in knowing that he'll be participating ***on another forum here on Cruise Critic*** as well as continuing his participation on his fave cruise line forums as well. I wish him well, and know he'll do an excellent job! However, the Cruise Critic door is always open....

Thanks for years of help, Andy. Your loyalty to Cruise Critic and me, personally, is worth its weight in gold.

Laura

Wonderful statement! I know Andy bleeds cruising and helping others to enjoy the cruising experience. I wish to extend my appreciation to all of those involved, including Moderators and my fellow posters for sharing their talents and experiences via Cruise Critic.

Laura

Did I miss a press release?

Did I miss a press release?

Hi Isabella,

That I know of, it's not out yet - at least that I can tell. Still hoping for today. As soon as I know.... you will know :)

Thank You !

Hi Everyone,

Here's the Press Release. I hope you will visit me on the Crystal forum and say hello. Enjoy !

=============================

CRYSTAL APPOINTS CRUISE VETERAN AS SOCIAL MEDIA AMBASSADOR

Luxury line further expands its social media voice as cruise portfolio grows

LOS ANGELES, September 1, 2016 – As it continues with a brand portfolio expansion that will grow its luxury fleet exponentially by 2019, Crystal Cruises is reaching audiences far beyond the well-heeled travelers aboard its award-winning ocean ships, yachts and river yachts. The “World’s Most Awarded Luxury Cruise Line” enjoys a social media presence that includes hundreds of thousand fans on Facebook, engaging content from @crystalcruises on Instagram and Twitter, and strong interest and dialogue on dedicated cruise and travel discussion forums. As such, Crystal’s CEO and president Edie Rodriguez has appointed Andrew (Andy) Geller, veteran host and moderator on popular traveler resource CruiseCritic.com, as social liaison for the online hub’s Crystal queries.

“Andy brings a wealth of experience aboard ships throughout the cruise industry, as well as an active resource for travelers seeking the best possible cruise experience,” says Rodriguez. “We are excited to welcome him to the Crystal family as he acts as the go-to expert for our acclaimed ships, both for our loyal Crystal Society Members and new guests.”

Based in Highland Beach, Fla., Geller is a senior vice president for an independent financial services firm based in Boca Raton. He has parlayed his considerable cruise travel experience into an impressive following with the avid travelers that frequent CruiseCritic.com, having acted as a resident expert and moderator for general and topically specific cruise-related discussions. Geller’s new role will enhance Crystal’s established social engagement efforts, adding a personal voice to the ever growing buzz surrounding the company’s tremendous fleet and brand expansion.

"While I've enjoyed my volunteer time at CruiseCritic.com, I'm honored and thrilled to be part of the Crystal team, and the finest luxury cruise line in the world,” said Geller.

For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888.799.2437, or visit http://www.crystalcruises.com. Join the hundreds of thousands who follow the Crystal Cruises Facebook page and @crystalcruises on Twitter and Instagram, and engage in the conversation with #crystalcruises.

Crystal Cruises is the World’s Most Awarded Luxury Cruise Line™, having earned more “World’s Best” accolades than any other cruise line, hotel, or resort in history.  Crystal Cruises has won “World’s Best Cruise Ship” in Condé Nast Traveler’s Reader Choice Awards for 22 years; been voted “World’s Best Large Ship Cruise Line” by Travel + Leisure readers for 20 years; and the “Best Luxury Cruise Line” by Virtuoso for two-consecutive years (2014, 2015 & 2016). In summer 2015, Crystal embarked on the most significant brand expansion in the history of luxury travel and hospitality, introducing three new classes of cruising – the recently launched Crystal Yacht Cruises (December 2015), Crystal River Cruises (July 2016), Crystal Exclusive Class Ocean Cruises (Fall 2019), Crystal Luxury Air (April 2016) and Crystal AirCruises (2017).

###