Best Caribbean ship for 30+ couple

cocacola86

Looking at Celebrity for the Caribbean in April 2018, was looking at Summit from Fl to San Juan in Aq, is it worth it do they've got a thalostherapy pool just for People staying in AQ, is this a ship for couple in their 30s? Is the dress code smart casual in Blu. Or is there a better ship for first time Celebrity cruisers, the price is right for AQ for the Summit, other ships an OV would be better. If you've got the daily schedule so I could see the activities. Our cruising background is the conquest, breeze, Valor and Magic so all with Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Carnival and Celebrity are very different. Carnival more colorful, louder, more casual, more kids. Celebrity is much lower key, more elegant, less kids. Celebrity doesn't have kids pools, water slides, mini golf, no belly flop contests, hairy chest contests and not the constant announcements for Bingo, show staring in 10 minutes etc. Celebrity ships get pretty quiet on most cruises after about 11:30 - 12. Average age on Celebrity is probably 25+ years older than on Carnival.

So it really depends what you are looking for. If you want to have a fairly quiet, relaxing cruise with good food & service Celebrity may be your answer.

Have you considered Royal Caribbean. In our experience they are more active than Celebrity, passengers more in the 30-50 range and a step up in food, service and atmosphere than Carnival.

We like to usually stay on the ship and relax, we're not drinkers, smokers loud party type just like to relax. We've booked before the spa staterooms before and my DW loves that and the only one RC has is a junior spa suite on Anthem

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Would like to clarify something. The Thalassotherapy is not exclusively for AQ passengers. It is for adults only and is open to all types of cabins on the ship.

AQ's main advantage is Blu as your main dining room and complimentary use of Persian Garden's Relaxation Area. You may want to review some of the reviews of Persian Garden's on the M-Class ships, as many people do not find it as enjoyable as the experience on the S-Class ships.

You will find a full list of the Amenities of AQ at the following link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-aqua-class-stateroom

If you're a bit more flexible, I recommend the Caribbean cruises that the ships Eclipse and Equinox have on Celebrity. They're newer and a bit larger than Summit, and are our favorites. We have sailed the eastern and southern/exotic Caribbean itineraries on Eclipse and Equinox many times and have two more booked.

Since you like to relax and don't need all the "stuff" of the Carnival ships, sounds like you'll be quite pleased with Celebrity. We find it almost impossible to book any other line.

My wife and I have cruised on both Celebrity S and M class ships several times. I would recommend an S-Class ship if one meets your budget and schedule. I believe they offer more of the type of atmosphere you are wanting and are more consistent with your previous Carnival experience since these ships are larger and offer more areas for relaxing on board such as a larger Persian Garden, bigger pools, more dining and bars etc. As was pointed out by a previous cruiser the S-Class usually sails longer itineraries.

We find the food on any Celebrity ship to be good quality with good service. We have sailed in Aqua class on several voyages and we like Blu. However, we have also sailed several times in Concierge or regular balcony cabins and have also enjoyed our main dining room experience as well. Food is very subjective and I am sure some meals have been better than others, but we can honestly say we have never gone away hungry or completely dissatisfied.

I believe Celebrity passengers tend to be 30- 70 years of age and they usually are not travelling with large numbers of children. We have made many cruise friends onboard Celebrity and have seen little difference in the "friendliness" of Celebrity cruisers as compared to those we have met on Royal Caribbean, Disney, and Carnival cruises in the past. Just being on a cruise is such a joy for many people that I believe most of them are friendly, polite, and upbeat in most situations.

I believe the Captains Club loyalty program to be a good one. We are Elite on Celebrity and because of that we have reciprocity loyalty benefits on Azamara and Royal Caribbean. The best perks in my opinion are the faster check-in and boarding policies in most ports, the one-cabin upgrade, the free laundry, and the Elite cocktail hour is a nice place to meet fellow experienced cruisers from around the world.

Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

As someone in your age group I think you want to sail for your first celebrity cruise on an S class ship, Reflection, Equinox, Eclipise, Silhouette and Solstice.

These ship were launched with Blu & Luminaire, not retrofitted to add in. Plus they offer the relaxation room (which we live) and a much more pleasant Persian garden experience.

We book Aqua Class because you can only have two people in an AQ room, so dinning in Blu us usually kid free. There will be plenty of places to chill, hang out & make friends.

Here is the list of soda choices from the Celebrity website.

Beverage Package Selections:

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with the following brands to offer you, greater pleasure and value:

Coke, Diet Coke, Caffeine Free Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, Sprite Zero, Seagram's Tonic Water, Canada Dry club soda, Barq's Root Beer, Fanta.

Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda

Looking at Celebrity for the Caribbean in April 2018, was looking at Summit from Fl to San Juan in Aq, is it worth it do they've got a thalostherapy pool just for People staying in AQ, is this a ship for couple in their 30s? Is the dress code smart casual in Blu. Or is there a better ship for first time Celebrity cruisers, the price is right for AQ for the Summit, other ships an OV would be better. If you've got the daily schedule so I could see the activities. Our cruising background is the conquest, breeze, Valor and Magic so all with Carnival.

We're not the active type, just want to relax

Think Celebrity = country club, Carnival = theme park.

Celebrity will not be the hustle and bustle like you have been used to having.

If the ports and cost line up, that is all that matters.

I'm not asking these questions for me, I'm asking for the wife who has severe anxiety and just want to make sure she has a good time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Then Celebrity would be just what the Dr ordered! IMHO :D and cruising experience.

Think Celebrity = country club, Carnival = theme park.

Celebrity will not be the hustle and bustle like you have been used to having.

If the ports and cost line up, that is all that matters.

........Or Carnival = Walmart, Celebrity = Nordstom

Cheers!:D

I don't agree. We have many friends that love the go go go of a Carnival cruise.

The bright lights, the pool parties, the disco. And these are some very 'well heeled' friends.

I'm sorry, that was just my opinion of the two Carnival cruises that I have been on compared to the Celebrity cruises I have been on. That's the beauty of having a choice of cruise lines, there is one for everyone's own style. Cheers!:D

Edited by Space Coast Cruisers

I agree with the choice of the Soltice Class ships. We have done Summit and are going on Summit again out of PR in April. But we did Silhouette in Dec and my DH and I LOVED it. So gorgeous. I am not a foody but he is and he thought it was the BEST food on any cruise we have ever been on.

Ship is amazing, so beautiful, very upscale, there is not one single thing I would complain about ! (other than the couple that made out at the pool every day:D)

So for a quiet, relaxing, enjoyable, peaceful trip, pick a soltice class, you will be very happy!!

No Celebrity ship has a true T pool like you might experience on Cunard or other ships or on the older Celebrity before they removed them . These had minerals in the water (Mercury) and a nice variety of hydro stations....and really were therapeutic.

S class have a large covered solarium pool...no hydro showers or in water benches. M class ships do have those features and are more like a T pool .

Hope that edge Class includes real T pools as part of the spa area...