Live from Adventure of the Seas - B2B 9/10/16 and 9/17/16

One thing I would like to mention, we did not see a single mosquito the whole cruise and never used the bug spray we brought. I don't know if we were lucky or if the whole mosquito thing is just hype.

WOW, that's not what I expected, good to know.:D Hope it continues to hold true!

Edited by cleagle

Cindy,

Dave and I really enjoyed meeting you and your Mom. We were sorry we had to leave the Meet and Mingle so early but we had already planned to meet someone before we realized the party was almost at the same time. I think if the event had been earlier in the cruise there would have been a better turnout.

I agree with you about the ship being in pretty good shape, some wear and tear but not bad and it really was clean. The biggest area we noticed the wear was in Studio B where there were several broken seats. All in all, considering the ship goes to dry dock in a month it really was in great shape.

I love your pictures...I think if I zoom in we might even be in one of them. ;-)

Lucky you...staying on another week. We really didn't want to get off the ship.

Pam

I really enjoyed meeting you too. To be honest, I dudn't notice the broken seats in studio B.

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Do you happen to recall if the tour operator had a name, or how we'd otherwise find them (if you would recommend the tour)? I'd appreciate a few details of what you got for your $20 each, size of group, vehicle, etc.

Thank you!

Your Belgian-American review follower

I think it was more like a taxi company. There were a lot of taxi vans waiting outside. I think they could hold about 12 people. You can't really miss them. A lot of white vans waitong.

Cindy

Edited by sg1phileshipper

DAY 2: St. Maarten

Got up before 7 for early breakfast, so we could leave around 8.15 for Maho. The windjammer was a zoo and a madhouse combined. We found seats pretty easily, but I hated the crowds.

We didn't go to the welcome aboard show, but were told there's exactly 2 Belgians on onboard. First time that happened.

In St. Maarten we took a taxi. Since 3 of us were going to Maho, it was $9 each. Rented a beach chair under an umbrella at Sunset bar. $10 per chair. They had heavy rain the night before, so part of the sand was washed away. Maho beach is really small now, mainly because sunset bar expanded. It is quite rocky, lots of holes and heavy waves. Be careful when walking around. But it is very pretty

1505145d086455aa59d8d1c4878f07b4.jpg

829f5fc58f69635d5d520e01b3a0e45a.jpg

DAY 2 Continued

It was an amazing experience to watch KLM's 747 land. It is one of the most amazing things I saw and it was free. It landed around 10.50 and I'll never forget that! I took tons of pics with my Nikon, you can expect those and lots of others when I get back home and do another review. Mom filmed with the iphone and somehow did it in slow motion. Was kind of disappointed, but I watched and I love it! It has something to it.

We stayed to watch KLM leave again and saw a smaller Copa Airlines jet and many other small ones land. Excitement build when the 747 was pushed from the gate. Though I didn't stand in the direct line of the jet blast, boy I felt it. People standing behind it were hanging onto the fence for dear life. I filmed it and it was quite interesting to feel all that wind :)

Once it was got the tree of us were too hot and headed back. Mom and me got off downtown for some shopping.

Windjammer at 2:30 was still a madhouse! Lines everywhere. Our tablemates told us there's about 1000 Puerto Ricans onboard and I think I read somewhere they eat pretty late.

Note to self: Go to the windjammer earlier.

Got back to our stateroom for a shower. Well, that plane spotting got me sunburn on my feet, toes and upper arms. I am glad it doesn't hurt.

We played some skipbo before dinner. Played the regular cards after dinner since mom had already seen the royal caribbean singers and dancers and I don't care much for it. There was also the 70's parade on the promenade and late night adult comedy with Walkoe. We hooked up the computer on the TV and watched a movie on netflix.

DAY 3: Sea day

Said it before and I'll say it again, my favorite kind of days. Got up around 7.30, showered and dressed and had breakfast in windjammer. MDR open between 8and 10, but windjammer was really quiet that early.

Sitting up on deck 12 now and catching some sun. Also enjoying the breeze here

6513f8697c5ec9bf94b7c4ddebf5d729.jpg

Now I'll go back to reading my book and watching the ocean at the same time.

But first, stay tuned for random ship pictures

DAY 2 Continued

It was an amazing experience to watch KLM's 747 land. It is one of the most amazing things I saw and it was free.

I'm glad you were there on a 747 day! I got great pictures and my video is one of the one on Youtube. KLM is retiring the 747 next Spring if I remember right, so glad you made it.

Nice review. We're doing our first b2b in january, 1-21 and 1-28. It will be after the dry dock. Last AOS cruise was in 2004 and thoroughly enjoyed her. i heard that when you do the b2b you can still access your cabin before they open them up to the new passengers. Lunch sounds nice. Were there alot of b2b passengers? I heard they only do it when they have a significant number of b2b passengers. Any officers visit during lunch? btw who is food and beverage manager? We're looking for Trevor Couts who we met on the Brilllaince several years ago and not sure which ship he's on now.

Nice review. We're doing our first b2b in january, 1-21 and 1-28. It will be after the dry dock. Last AOS cruise was in 2004 and thoroughly enjoyed her. i heard that when you do the b2b you can still access your cabin before they open them up to the new passengers. Lunch sounds nice. Were there alot of b2b passengers? I heard they only do it when they have a significant number of b2b passengers. Any officers visit during lunch? btw who is food and beverage manager? We're looking for Trevor Couts who we met on the Brilllaince several years ago and not sure which ship he's on now.

I think there were about 30 of us. No officers visited us. Food and beverage director is Errol Saldanha.

Yes, we could still access our cabin, but they asked us to be careful with the carts and trolleys. We didn't go to our cabin.

Cindy

I really enjoyed the sea day yesterday. We read, watched people, played cards. It was really quiet on deck 12 until a group showed up and they were loud. And by loud, I mean really loud.

We did lunch at Johny Rockets and again it was really good. I felt guilty afterwards, I guess that is positive.

Mom slept until after nine and she said the windjammer was crazy a little before ten.

Tonight was formal night. Our new tablemates are really nice, a mom and daughter from New York city. Server is Keshav and assistant server is Maksym. Got the soda package this time and first night I asked for a diet sprite. Didn't have to ask since then. And in case you wonder, it came out of a can.

The ice show was on at 3 today and headliner was Patrick McMahon. Did that last week, so we didn't go.

DAY 4: Kralendijk, Bonaire

We did lunch at MDR and service was slow. We waited more than 30 minutes for our food. We got seated with a group of 12, 4 at our table and 8 at the next one. Since they were waiting for some people, my guess is they wanted to serve them together. Hello, we are not with them. I was told the line for eggs at the galley was long when food finally started arriving. Got the wrong toast, but I did not care at this point. Lady seated next to me said they wanted to go to the Windjammer, but it was a madhouse. First time I wasn't happy with the service in MDR.

We walked around town a little and headed for lunch around 11.30. Explorations desk stayed open until 10 and we booked the Bonaire National Marine Park Glass bottom boat tour and it was wonderful. Had it booked for 1.30 and we saw the most beautiful reefs and fish.

2eb9e1afb8d3f5fffdb74bc7e2c91fd8.jpg

e69fde19dfa2fdc587143fa360bfad19.jpg

Adventure docked in beautiful Bonaire

e1df099cac2665c9fb235475a5459953.jpg

Meet and mingle is at 5 up in the Blue Moon. I hope more people than last week show up.

About the dress code in MDR: they seem to be more strict. Our tablemates saw a guy in shorts being turned away. Haven't seen any caps or flip flops either, so it seems to be enhanced on this ship. Saw lots of kids nicely dressed in ties. And it is very cute to see a 5-year old with a tuxedo

Shot of a cute little church

f78e2246d35daf0b447d4be09afa9160.jpg

Captain's table

c3e36b94865c0fdf03cdaf057c71e019.jpg

Today we are docked on the port side. Don't you love looking for runners. It seems every day someone is late...

I think there were about 30 of us. No officers visited us. Food and beverage director is Errol Saldanha.

Yes, we could still access our cabin, but they asked us to be careful with the carts and trolleys. We didn't go to our cabin.

Cindy

Thanks. Only 4 months to go!

DAY 3: Sea day

Said it before and I'll say it again, my favorite kind of days. Got up around 7.30, showered and dressed and had breakfast in windjammer. MDR open between 8and 10, but windjammer was really quiet that early.

Sitting up on deck 12 now and catching some sun. Also enjoying the breeze here

6513f8697c5ec9bf94b7c4ddebf5d729.jpg

Now I'll go back to reading my book and watching the ocean at the same time.

But first, stay tuned for random ship pictures

Love the pics. MDR hours ? Windjammer hours? Free lobster night? 2 Formal nights? Thanks in advance! :D

Hi Cindy,

Can you post the Daily Compasses for this cruise? I'm new to RC and I was noticing on the Anthem Compass that some shows require reservations. I hope you continue to have a great time! My husband and I are on The Adventure for the January 5th sailing.

Thank you,

Rebecca

Edited by mittchelandsophie

Cindy, are you experiencing the boat vibrating at all? Some people on your same trip are reporting bad vibrations.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2404441

Can you comment on this??

Thank You

Yes, I do indeed agree on the vibrations. I have felt them since the beginning, every now and then, but nothing bad. Since Tuesday evening the vibrations have gotten worse, at some point I thought someone was shaking my bed heavily. I am not a mechanic, but I think a mechanical is needed.

Cindy

Love the pics. MDR hours ? Windjammer hours? Free lobster night? 2 Formal nights? Thanks in advance! :D

Windjammer hours are 7 to 11. When arriving at 8, MDR hours are 7.30 to 9.30. Formal nights on the third night (sea day) and sixth night (Aruba). Tonight is also free lobster night :-)

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Can you post the Daily Compasses for this cruise? I'm new to RC and I was noticing on the Anthem Compass that some shows require reservations. I hope you continue to have a great time! My husband and I are on The Adventure for the January 5th sailing.

Thank you,

Rebecca

I'll scan both weeks when I am home and Post them. You're gonna love Adventure!