Carnival Shareholder OBC Process

DiploTraveler

I just used email to request onboard credit for stock and received a response within the hour

Submit it to worldcruisereservations@hollandamerica.com

Email submission will be a welcome change! We have a multifunction printer, scanner and fax machine, but I gave up on the phone line for it 5 years ago. The only time we use it, at all, is for the OBC fax. So, when we schedule a cruise, I crawl behind the cabinet and run a phone line temporarily.

The pdf you get from the website says fax or mail, and provides no email addresses for any of the lines. I think it's been this way for a few years. Interesting that if you still know the email address, HAL will accept it that way.

I haven't had a fax machine in years, so I use snailmail to apply for the benefit. HAL always gets it right. Cunard runs about 50% of the time, so I always travel with copies of what I sent.

This was a first for us, however, I have never tried it before: We sent in proof of stock ownership for cruises in January and July 2017 and got OBC for both at the same time! I always waited until about 6 weeks before sailing to send it in, but my sister called them and they said to send it in now for January. Anyway, got it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had the same problem as the previous poster; the multi function machine with no phone line. Just an idea if anyone needs access to fax the statement in for credit....there is an app for that! At least on iPhone. Phone's camera scans the document and faxes it to the number needed.

Does the same way too.

Back in January I emailed the request for a HAL cruise and had a reply as follows:

"Carnival Cruise Lines requires that we not accept confidential financial information by email or through the Internet. Please send future proof of eligibility to..." (The usual fax number and address were given.)

However they went on to say they would make a one-time exception, and applied my credit as requested.

So we faxed the next request. Email's easier, but either way works for me.

I've always faxed the required info to HAL World Cruise Reservations and requested a confirmation via email.. usually get the confirmation email back quickly within a half hour.. they've always been good

click on the link at this site for all stockholder benefit info via a pdf file

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

J

Faxing is soooo dated.

I agree, but it has been said here that HAL sometimes will only accept a USPS mailing or a fax. You were lucky.

I got an email replay within an hour to my phone fax saying the credit was applied. I printed that out to carry along in case of any problems with the shipboard crediting.

I agree, but it has been said here that HAL sometimes will only accept a USPS mailing or a fax. You were lucky.

I got an email replay within an hour to my phone fax saying the credit was applied. I printed that out to carry along in case of any problems with the shipboard crediting.

I get an email back quickly too after my fax. ;)

Faxing may be outdated, but if they ask me to fax, I'll happily comply for my OBC :)

Well, I know Carnival still accepts emails since I sent in my info this week and had my OBC applied within 2 days for my 10/30 sailing.

When I booked my HAL cruise, I asked my guy about emailing the info when the time comes, and was told I needed to fax it in. He said HAL no longer allows submission via email because too many people were sending sensitive personal info via unsecured emails.

Makes sense if people were simply emailing their entire brokerage account! And people wonder why they're the victims of identity theft! :eek:

I always black out everything except the last 4 digits of the acct number, my name, my 100 shares of CCL, and the statement date.

FTR, I can fax using email. Just scan the doc (or download to a pdf, do the above privacy things), and email to the fax number rather than an email address.