Drinks Prices

HTFCcruiser

Rest assured it will not spoil our holiday. DH and I will still have the odd drink or two, or three....:D BTW, we recently did an NCL cruise (yes, I know some of you will think we were 'slumming it') and the perk was the drinks package. Must say we did enjoy it ;p

Good. It would be a shame to have such a wonderful holiday spoilt.:)

I love Cunard too and will undoubtedly continue to cruise with them.

I do drink a mixer with my spirit as it would taste a little strong without it.

As for feeling "strapped" the meaning may have been misunderstood by myself, perhaps depending where you are from, but in my view that does sound rather patronising. There is a difference between feeling "strapped" and "budgeting" according to the advertised prices prior to booking and boarding.

As for drinking 1 or 2 "drinks" less a day then that would see me drinking only water from 7pm onwards or remaining on the balcony to consume the drinks we have brought to drink in the cabin. Neither of which I have "budgeted" or "planned" for this coming cruise in August or the following cruise in October.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I should have said I don't have sodas as a singular drink. I do have them as mixers.My liver would fail big time if I drank neat spirits.

What's patronising about using the word 'strapped'? It's slang for being short of cash and was my personal reply to Babs' suggestion we should 'all' make our feelings known. I won't be wasting my energy because it won't make the slightest bit of difference and if I feel a bit short of cash, I'll have a couple of drinks less. Read the short exchange of posts. If you see patronising in them then I think it's your interpretation at fault.

You have taken personally, my slightly jocular comment to someone else and I will reply to you and say any consequence of you having one or two drinks less in an evening or having to adjust your budget is entirely your business and is nothing whatsoever to do with me.

someone mentioned cutting back on the gratuities and we might well do that as a protest on our upcoming cruise

Please don't do that. Protest by telling Cunard. Protest by sailing on another line. Don't protest by screwing over the people who work hard to ensure you had an enjoyable cruise and, more importantly, didn't make the decision to raise prices.

Please don't do that. Protest by telling Cunard. Protest by sailing on another line. Don't protest by screwing over the people who work hard to ensure you had an enjoyable cruise and, more importantly, didn't make the decision to raise prices.

I have asked Cunard on their Facebook page and have emailed a senior Vice President, I have received no response from either.

We always tip extra to staff who serve us so I doubt they would actually miss out but the pursers desk doesn't know that......push comes to shove I probably would feel awful doing it, so I probably won't....

I am just really cross at the way they have implemented this.

Although if people cut back on drinks then the staff will lose out. Agree that a response should not be to cut the service charge.

It was a crude and to be honest a bit of a sneaky increase in prices. There is no positive side to it for the customers.

I should have said I don't have sodas as a singular drink. I do have them as mixers.My liver would fail big time if I drank neat spirits.

What's patronising about using the word 'strapped'? It's slang for being short of cash and was my personal reply to Babs' suggestion we should 'all' make our feelings known. I won't be wasting my energy because it won't make the slightest bit of difference and if I feel a bit short of cash, I'll have a couple of drinks less. Read the short exchange of posts. If you see patronising in them then I think it's your interpretation at fault.

You have taken personally, my slightly jocular comment to someone else and I will reply to you and say any consequence of you having one or two drinks less in an evening or having to adjust your budget is entirely your business and is nothing whatsoever to do with me.

If it was said in a jocular way let's leave it there. The problem with forum discussions/texting is that humour can get lost in the reading and things can easily be misunderstood. I didn't come on here to cause friction and life's far too short so I'll apologise for how I've read something and leave it there ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If it was said in a jocular way let's leave it there. The problem with forum discussions/texting is that humour can get lost in the reading and things can easily be misunderstood. I didn't come on here to cause friction and life's far too short so I'll apologise for how I've read something and leave it there ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:):):):)

OK, so maths is not my forte, but just thinking when one or two have mentioned cutting gratuities. Surely a big increase in drinks prices also means a hike in staff wages through the 15% gratuity on every drink. So maybe those that booked a cruise prior to the price increase might want to reduce their service charge by at least the extra amount that has been placed on the gratuity. The cynic in me might be thinking that this exercise was a way for Cunard to give the staff a raise without it costing them a penny, or rather a dime.

Hopefully last comment from me on the subject..........

No need to panic folks, the increased prices and changes to spirits measures onboard must have been "fake news" as when I contacted "Ask Questions" on the official Cunard website and subsequent email:

"Can you advise as to when the drinks prices/measures currently provided onboard will be updated on the Cunard website and Voyage Personaliser so that guests are fully aware of costs prior to both booking and boarding?"

This was the reply I had today:

"Thank you for your email.

You can find cost and information of our drinks on our website under 'How much are the drinks on board?' This is available on our website to view at any time.

I hope this helps."

This is the link in the email, copy and paste it and you'll see there's no change lol:

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/life-on-board/drink_cost

Perhaps if I take this email onboard they will reduce my drink bill by roughly 30% each time I order a G&T or a Bacardi and Pepsi

No need to panic folks, the increased prices and changes to spirits measures onboard must have been "fake news" as when I contacted "Ask Questions" on the official Cunard website and subsequent email:

"Can you advise as to when the drinks prices/measures currently provided onboard will be updated on the Cunard website and Voyage Personaliser so that guests are fully aware of costs prior to both booking and boarding?"

You can find cost and information of our drinks on our website under 'How much are the drinks on board?' This is available on our website to view at any time.

I hope this helps."

This is the link in the email, copy and paste it and you'll see there's no change lol:

Perhaps if I take this email onboard they will reduce my drink bill by roughly 30% each time I order a G&T or a Bacardi and Pepsi

Cunard as well as P&O (same office/staff) in Southampton are notoriously for not updating the website and not having a clue what goes on on the ships. Sorry but I believe the increase in drinks prices on Cunard are true and it is not fake news, they haven't updated the website and customer services in Southampton are worryingly often wrong in the info they give out.

Cunard as well as P&O (same office/staff) in Southampton are notoriously for not updating the website and not having a clue what goes on on the ships. Sorry but I believe the increase in drinks prices on Cunard are true and it is not fake news, they haven't updated the website and customer services in Southampton are worryingly often wrong in the info they give out.

Tangoqueen knows that, hence the lol.

I hope this helps."

Oh no its not fake news ,

see the latest Drinks menu from The Chart Room

http://www.cunard.co.uk/Global/Images/Ships/QV/QV_refit/Chart_Room_Night_Menu.pdf

Oh no its not fake news ,

see the latest Drinks menu from The Chart Room

http://www.cunard.co.uk/Global/Images/Ships/QV/QV_refit/Chart_Room_Night_Menu.pdf

Sorry Pennbank and Majortom it's my sense of humour and efforts at a joke that misled you ........... it was just more evidence from Cunard that they don't really know what's going on

I hope this helps."

Of course UK based guesting can make a complaint to trading standards.

Sorry Pennbank and Majortom it's my sense of humour and efforts at a joke that misled you ........... it was just more evidence from Cunard that they don't really know what's going on

Yes, your sarcasm is indeed a whoosh parrot.

Loved it. Would have included it on my above comment but I read down in chronological order and only clocked it after the post.

Meanwhile I see comments about the hardship caused by the plunge in the GBP/Dollar exchange rate.

While that may well affect the final price of the on board account it certainly hasn't altered the basic cruise brochure prices which are printed some 18 months in advance.

With the GBP fluctuating over the last year maybe some dedicated early bookers can rejoice in claiming one hell of a saving.

It's always 'swings and roundabouts' with cruising. The bottom line is that the choice is yours.

I received a reply, by Royal Mail, to the email I sent to one of the VP's. The reply was from customer services and was a standard corporate response saying now and again they have to increase prices..nothing was mentioned about the decrease in mixer size and the removal of mixer, so I have emailed the VP again to ask if perhaps somebody would actually read the question and answer appropriately!

I can't wait for the reply! Looks like they are updating the website at the moment...

The Cunard website has now been updated with the new bar menu prices, although my Voyage Personaliser still has the link to the old menus.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/life-on-board/drink_cost

Thank you for your efforts to get the updates made, it shouldn't take consumer pressure to ensure the website is current, particularly as you proved in an earlier post that their own customer service team treat it as gospel.

M-AR