.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

Ho-Hum is in the top class all by himself of course and we miss him ... so this is a far distant second or third at best!  Little birdies report over 90 passengers on the first SD1 voyage that ended today Norwegian time.  SD2 starts its first voyage today also with over 90 guests.  Rest of voyages pretty full as well.  Some newly arriving crew were in quarantine on SD2 but well taken care of.  Today is a bit of a realignment with both ships together again - some normally on SD2 were on SD1 etc. but will return to usual posts so all is soon well in the yachting not cruising universe.  Those residing in countries such as India and South Africa have not yet been able to make it to Norway due to travel restrictions.  From afar it certainly looks as if SD’s nimbleness is putting it in a much better position compared to much larger ships that won’t operate for months, if at all in 2020.  Hope to hear here from HH and those on these voyages.

On 6/25/2020 at 10:18 PM, Jim Avery said:

Just how long do we have to wait for Hum’s daily comments?

DE47E087-F6A2-4FEF-A14D-304DA39DCFA1.jpeg

Hum sees the world as (some) people (who should know better) “losing their minds” !

What point education ?
Living in an advanced civilisation where tolerance has never been so high (oh yes, we still have a long way to go......Hum is working desperately on the French ! It is a “work in progress” but Hum adores them ... it still makes Hum chuckle that French travelling by train arrive at Waterloo !)

We need to STFU, stay safe, look after our loved ones and know that life is still a precious gift which we must take every advantage of and most importantly share without any embarrassment........

On 6/27/2020 at 12:11 PM, JES4845 said:

Ho-Hum is in the top class all by himself of course and we miss him ... so this is a far distant second or third at best!  Little birdies report over 90 passengers on the first SD1 voyage that ended today Norwegian time.  SD2 starts its first voyage today also with over 90 guests.  Rest of voyages pretty full as well.  Some newly arriving crew were in quarantine on SD2 but well taken care of.  Today is a bit of a realignment with both ships together again - some normally on SD2 were on SD1 etc. but will return to usual posts so all is soon well in the yachting not cruising universe.  Those residing in countries such as India and South Africa have not yet been able to make it to Norway due to travel restrictions.  From afar it certainly looks as if SD’s nimbleness is putting it in a much better position compared to much larger ships that won’t operate for months, if at all in 2020.  Hope to hear here from HH and those on these voyages.

Oh Jes,

Hum wrote a reply to you which even he discarded.

So Sir Jes and your lovely lady (wife).

Hum and Blondie hope to see you dining at your outside table some day soon.

YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW BY NOW

That SD is an enigma.

our relationship is primarily to the crew

then the yacht........no that’s all really 

But for whatever reason, we love to come home.......see our waiter a year on, three years on even ten years on

SD wouldn’t be without that strange man Atle.

He is a genius and is the first to get both yachts “running around”  Norway.

Norwegian men are a throughly dull lot (note H didn’t mention the women ! Babes all of ‘em. Is that politically correct ? WGA...)

Come home.

Come back 

After all you don’t deserve better........

38 minutes ago, ho-hum said:

Hum sees the world as (some) people (who should know better) “losing their minds” !

What point education ?
Living in an advanced civilisation where tolerance has never been so high (oh yes, we still have a long way to go......Hum is working desperately on the French ! It is a “work in progress” but Hum adores them ... it still makes Hum chuckle that French travelling by train arrive at Waterloo !)

We need to STFU, stay safe, look after our loved ones and know that life is still a precious gift which we must take every advantage of and most importantly share without any embarrassment........

You are to be commended Mr, Hum for your lifelong efforts to make sense of all things French.  A massive and admirable task.  Your ability to still have time to correct us lowly minions of this minor board speaks to your lack of normal sleep ethics.  One never knows when or where Hum will be but be he will.One tries but I am fully aware there is no pushing Hum.  No amount of pleading will shorten time frames.  Hum is.  Just like the sun is.  Arguing with either is just futile.  All good things come to those who wait.....🍸

8 minutes ago, ho-hum said:

Oh Jes,

Hum wrote a reply to you which even he discarded.

So Sir Jes and your lovely lady (wife).

Hum and Blondie hope to see you dining at your outside table some day soon.

YOU ALL SHOULD KNOW BY NOW

That SD is an enigma.

our relationship is primarily to the crew

then the yacht........no that’s all really 

But for whatever reason, we love to come home.......see our waiter a year on, three years on even ten years on

SD wouldn’t be without that strange man Atle.

He is a genius and is the first to get both yachts “running around”  Norway.

Norwegian men are a throughly dull lot (note H didn’t mention the women ! Babes all of ‘em. Is that politically correct ? WGA...)

Come home.

Come back 

After all you don’t deserve better........

Thanks ... best to you and Blondie ... spot on about the crew ... hope to share TOY table with you all and the mate from down under someday again ... soon?  Or even 2021.   Hopefully Americans can travel at least to the Caribbean by then ...

19 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

You are to be commended Mr, Hum for your lifelong efforts to make sense of all things French.  A massive and admirable task.  Your ability to still have time to correct us lowly minions of this minor board speaks to your lack of normal sleep ethics.  One never knows when or where Hum will be but be he will.One tries but I am fully aware there is no pushing Hum.  No amount of pleading will shorten time frames.  Hum is.  Just like the sun is.  Arguing with either is just futile.  All good things come to those who wait.....🍸

Hahahha,

Hum is not worthy (please see exclusions listed........honestly, don’t bother.....it’s very, very  long).

Does anyone know (about life) ?

We are ALL in the same “yacht” (in life)........ it’s all about how we treat one another.....oh and a sense of humour...essential)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Sir hum, please throttle back on the meds a bit so that MACT can come out and play.  Or has Brigadoon gone back into the mists for another 100 years...

Hahaha......which Meds are you referring to ?
”uppers” or “downers” ?

You are the expert on these matters whose advice Hum has listened to over the years.

Jim, on the other hand concocts a tequila “hooch” in the back of his old Winniebago which he drives out into the desert to distil (yes, that TV series is based on him....shame they had to cut out most of the real stuff he got up to ! But Hum has the Director’s Cut should chums wish to purchase them).

Hum loves Brigadoon ..... some types of people should only be heard once every 100 years.......the world is currently displaying a whole host of candidates that Hum never wishes to hear from ever again.

In Hum’s day it was “peace, love and understanding”.......we now have the exact opposite.

Hum could be construed as encroaching on political territory.......we all know what happened the last time when Hum discussed that (along with sex, nationalities etc....)......so to make it clear to the CC Police......Hum will confine himself to the subject he knows best......nonsense (and only very occasionally........taking it easy is far more interesting).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JES4845 said:

Thanks ... best to you and Blondie ... spot on about the crew ... hope to share TOY table with you all and the mate from down under someday again ... soon?  Or even 2021.   Hopefully Americans can travel at least to the Caribbean by then ...

SD and their guests need Americans........genuinely great people despite this recent hiatus.

Hum hopes that calm and tolerant people  will find their voice ...... nobody is winning here.

https://youtu.be/Ssd3U_zicAI

"(What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love And Understanding"

As I walk through
This wicked world
Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.
I ask myself
Is all hope lost?
Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?

And each time I feel like this inside,
There's one thing I wanna know:
What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding? Ohhhh
What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?

And as I walked on
Through troubled times
My spirit gets so downhearted sometimes
So where are the strong
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony.

'Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry.

So where are the strong?
And who are the trusted?
And where is the harmony?
Sweet harmony.

'Cause each time I feel it slippin' away, just makes me wanna cry.

Edited by ho-hum
Hum drunk too..
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

They are funny because they are at odds with human nature....  I think history and current events have proved that.  Humans are bestial savages hidden under a thin veneer of civilization.

Some folks veneer is thinner than others.....😱

17 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Some folks veneer is thinner than others.....

17 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

They are funny because they are at odds with human nature....  I think history and current events have proved that.  Humans are bestial savages hidden under a thin veneer of civilization.

17 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Some folks veneer is thinner than others.....😱

It seems like that but the deeper (subterranean) sea of goodness (humanity) is ever present in the humblest of places.

Our news sources feed the negative and add to the confusion.

But Hum brings you all great news !

A new Captain has been appointed.......and he’s not Norwegian (Danish or Icelandic).

Greatly respected by all crews........and a brilliant choice.

Finally Oslo have seen the “light” after all these years.