.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

35 minutes ago, ho-hum said:

Thank heavens the new ship was cancelled/ postponed.....

Looks a brilliant move now.  

Also, Mr. Hum, be grateful we cannot sneak into the UK these days.  If we were able to drive to Surrey we would be moving into your wine cellar for the duration...🍷

49 minutes ago, Jim Avery said:

Looks a brilliant move now.  

Also, Mr. Hum, be grateful we cannot sneak into the UK these days.  If we were able to drive to Surrey we would be moving into your wine cellar for the duration...🍷

Meanwhile......”mozy on down” to a little place Hum knows in Southern California where there is a stockpile of 500 wines and 500 toilet rolls !
The owner is a great cook too.

Hum believes SD has a “war chest” (developed over many years of full bookings and not spending a dime !) to see this period out and seem to be taken appropriate measures too.

Naturally they will “keep matters close to their chest” and will be putting on a positive spin.

What else can they do ?

Keep calm, keep safe and carry on.

1 hour ago, ho-hum said:

Meanwhile......”mozy on down” to a little place Hum knows in Southern California where there is a stockpile of 500 wines and 500 toilet rolls !
The owner is a great cook too.

Hum believes SD has a “war chest” (developed over many years of full bookings and not spending a dime !) to see this period out and seem to be taken appropriate measures too.

Naturally they will “keep matters close to their chest” and will be putting on a positive spin.

What else can they do ?

Keep calm, keep safe and carry on.

What else can they do? Be socially responsible in light of a pandemic and cancel the remaining Caribbean season on Seadream 1. THAT'S what they can do.

Ports are closing by the day. States of emergency in my state and the surrounding states. We are being told to stay home and avoid gatherings more than 10 people. This is serious folks. It's not business as usual.  Mom and I are scheduled to sail April 11 on SD1. I'll be damned if I'm officially cancelling but I won't be there. I'm waiting for them to cancel and offer us options. I'll be out money either way. 

I've been loyal to Seadream for 5 years, sometimes sailing twice in one year. But this situation is a real tipping point and is what determines who deserves my loyalty. So far Seadream is failing and I'm sad to see that.

Thanks for the shout out, Ho-Hum.  Zimmy and I were happy to see you and Blondie on board during our January cruise.  And good to see you back here, too.  Things were getting pretty dull.  It is pretty sad when Jim and I were responsible for keeping up the chatter.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Thanks for the shout out, Ho-Hum.  Zimmy and I were happy to see you and Blondie on board during our January cruise.  And good to see you back here, too.  Things were getting pretty dull.  It is pretty sad when Jim and I were responsible for keeping up the chatter.

Greetings Trapper.....Hum wishes the circumstances were not like this (as no doubt you do too).

You and Jim are the true stalwarts of the SD section of CC and your kind advice has always been “spot on” and friendly (both of you).

1 hour ago, mcpepe said:

What else can they do? Be socially responsible in light of a pandemic and cancel the remaining Caribbean season on Seadream 1. THAT'S what they can do.

Ports are closing by the day. States of emergency in my state and the surrounding states. We are being told to stay home and avoid gatherings more than 10 people. This is serious folks. It's not business as usual.  Mom and I are scheduled to sail April 11 on SD1. I'll be damned if I'm officially cancelling but I won't be there. I'm waiting for them to cancel and offer us options. I'll be out money either way. 

I've been loyal to Seadream for 5 years, sometimes sailing twice in one year. But this situation is a real tipping point and is what determines who deserves my loyalty. So far Seadream is failing and I'm sad to see that.

All great points Maria......as to be expected (only bettered by your champagne knowledge...if Hum may be so frivolous at these terrible times).

Our expectations of standards by Sea Dream and ALL other companies is likely to have to be revised and maybe “loosened a little” as they struggle through these economically devastating times.

We are booked on the same voyage and we were booked for next week on SD2 so Blondie and Hum are “out of pocket” too.

And of course, your deep affection and concern for the crews is front and centre of your concern as is everyone elses.

Hum expects to have news of bookings in two weeks time (Hum consults the crystal ball regularly).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

Welcome back, Hum. I am sending love by social distancing from afar. 

5 pm coming soon here in Aspen and the wine is chilled, the sun is out, and good thing I like to cook. 

xo

Great to hear from you darling ..... “la dolce vita” continues somewhere in the world !

Did you see the people in Rome singing from their balconies ?

The human spirit will always endure.

Hum was inspired to follow and sang a Puccini piece only to cause a mass stampede of sheep in the farmer’s field !

Chou

xx

1 hour ago, TrapperZimmy said:

We tried Trapper, we tried.  But combined we are tiny compared to the greatness of HUM!  🍸

• 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

For viruses....

Raggy, lighten up.  You are young (ish) and healthy (Ish) and all the drink you consume makes you impervious to infection.  Besides, what self respecting virus would roost on you with all the other options in SoCal?🍸😎

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Raggy, lighten up.  You are young (ish) and healthy (Ish) and all the drink you consume makes you impervious to infection.  Besides, what self respecting virus would roost on you with all the other options in SoCal?🍸😎

1 minute ago, ho-hum said:

Oh Jim,

So good to hear the voice of reason........but Raggy didn’t mean a word of it.

Some really good news coming soon.........