.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

On 6/30/2020 at 7:02 AM, ho-hum said:

A new Captain has been appointed.......and he’s not Norwegian (Danish or Icelandic).

Greatly respected by all crews........and a brilliant choice.

Finally Oslo have seen the “light” after all these years.

Does this imply a promotion from within?  Do we have a name?  There is nothing on the SD website yet.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:36 PM, TrapperZimmy said:

Does this imply a promotion from within?  Do we have a name?  There is nothing on the SD website yet.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:41 PM, Jim Avery said:

Ho-Hum is such a tease.  😎

The SD website is riddled with in-accuracies.....Hum’s assuming the two offices are overwhelmed.

The new Captain of SDII is Master Michael McLeod; former Chief Officer.

A great man with years of experience, very smart chap and both loved and respected by crew.

More upcoming great news but this should be coming through soon..........yes that is a tease Jim.

• Like 1

For the Yank SeaDreamers, happy 4th of July holiday.  For the non-Yanks, have a nice weekend.  Ho-Hum, I put a tab at the Dolphin for you.  Closed?  Well, too bad.  I guess it is the thought that counts...🍷

HH, welcome back.  You have been sorely missed!

what WONDERFUL news about Capt Michael McLeod!!  Very happy to hear this!  Haved sailed with him several times.  Word of warning - he is exceptionally  good at Liar’s Club!

and, yes - the website is totally hosed.....

vandrefalk

On 7/3/2020 at 11:18 PM, Jim Avery said:

For the Yank SeaDreamers, happy 4th of July holiday.  For the non-Yanks, have a nice weekend.  Ho-Hum, I put a tab at the Dolphin for you.  Closed?  Well, too bad.  I guess it is the thought that counts...🍷

Belated Happy 4 July to you all (Yanks).

Sorry Jim, pubs re-opened yesterday........you owe Hum £ 9.23.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:35 PM, vandrefalk said:

HH, welcome back.  You have been sorely missed!

what WONDERFUL news about Capt Michael McLeod!!  Very happy to hear this!  Haved sailed with him several times.  Word of warning - he is exceptionally  good at Liar’s Club!

and, yes - the website is totally hosed.....

vandrefalk

Hum’s just passing through.....but lovely to hear from you Lady V.

Send Hum’s best regards to the Colonel.

5 hours ago, ho-hum said:

Belated Happy 4 July to you all (Yanks).

Sorry Jim, pubs re-opened yesterday........you owe Hum £ 9.23.

That sorry barman.  I left him a 50 pound note with your name on it.  I shall have words with him when the Queen allows me back into the country.  Till then, put the 9 pounds 23 on my tab at Castle Hum. ..🍸

Thanks for posting the brilliant news piece on Britain re opening.  Only the Brits would try and make up 100 nights of drink in one night.  I particularly found interesting the description of the naked drunken man in Surrey.  That chap knows how to party.....😳

• Haha 1

The covidiots were out in force in SoCal, that’s for sure.  Never seen so many privately launched full-power skyrockets.  And a lot of high-caliber firecrackers going off.  We live on top of a ridge and every house on the view side was having a fireworks watching party....  Except us.  Our rebellious city “parents” were the only ones in South Orange County to not cancel the city fireworks.  And it brought in riff-raff from the other cities in droves.  It was like a war zone....

14 hours ago, ho-hum said:

And they let these people vote?

Time to put the queen back in charge of everything.  Well, except for hats.

8 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

And they let these people vote?

Time to put the queen back in charge of everything.  Well, except for hats.

They’re young.......so long as they keep away from vulnerable and elderly people, so be it......herd immunity and all that.
They have been good.

Brits would reply to the US situation “pot calling kettle black” ...... US figures are a worry.

Perhaps they’re not reported over there but the figures don’t look good.

Travel industry needs Yanks, so keep safe and be good.......for everyone’s sake.
Besides some of Hum’s best friends are Yanks.......great people.

Friendly, smart and generous.

What’s not to like........Hum loves ‘em.

What’s the problem with hats ?

When you say “put the Queen back in charge”.......your talking about the US right ?

Well you have Meghan now......so all should be good !

Were I able I should be in the Pub as well.  A man can only drink tinned beer so long then strange things start happening.  Like Meghan in charge.😱  Poor, poor Harry.  What if the "herd" is right?  As I understand it it is aerosol like and airborne.  In other words, air breathers stand a very good chance of being exposed at one time or another.  Sort of like Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, in the desert Valley Fever, and on and on.  The death rates as a percentage of the total population are extremely tiny.  You could look it up but this year, on this planet, approximately 59 Million people will die from all causes.  Is Covid serious? Yes.  Is it the end of the world? No.  And I will not spend thousands to wear a mask on a cruise ship.  😳  Pull me another pint of Shropshire Lad if you please Mr. Barman...🍺😎

44 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I’m beginning to feel wistful for the monarchy....

Haha, King Ragnar the First.  Can I be your wingman??🍸

23 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Fingers crossed for an effective vaccine soon!  We are starting to get palazzo-fever...  Really hankering for a leisurely Med cruise for some reason.

5 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

The death rates as a percentage of the total population are extremely tiny.  You could look it up but this year, on this planet, approximately 59 Million people will die from all causes.  Is Covid serious? Yes.  Is it the end of the world? No.🍺😎

I'm reading "Splendid and Vile," Erik Larsen's new book about Churchill.  During the bombing of London, it was said that the risk of your dying on any given night is remote, but the chance of someone dying that night is almost a certainty.

Glad to see that the pubs have opened, Hum.  On July 4th, yet.  A great way to celebrate getting rid of those damn colonists.

3 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

I'm reading "Splendid and Vile," Erik Larsen's new book about Churchill.  During the bombing of London, it was said that the risk of your dying on any given night is remote, but the chance of someone dying that night is almost a certainty.

Glad to see that the pubs have opened, Hum.  On July 4th, yet.  A great way to celebrate getting rid of those damn colonists.

Trapper, I am reading the exact same book.  Love Larson's stuff.😎

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Fingers crossed for an effective vaccine soon!  We are starting to get palazzo-fever...  Really hankering for a leisurely Med cruise for some reason.

Funny you should say that.......

Think you will have to wait quite a bit longer old chap.

6 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Were I able I should be in the Pub as well.  A man can only drink tinned beer so long then strange things start happening.  Like Meghan in charge.😱  Poor, poor Harry.  What if the "herd" is right?  As I understand it it is aerosol like and airborne.  In other words, air breathers stand a very good chance of being exposed at one time or another.  Sort of like Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, in the desert Valley Fever, and on and on.  The death rates as a percentage of the total population are extremely tiny.  You could look it up but this year, on this planet, approximately 59 Million people will die from all causes.  Is Covid serious? Yes.  Is it the end of the world? No.  And I will not spend thousands to wear a mask on a cruise ship.  😳  Pull me another pint of Shropshire Lad if you please Mr. Barman...🍺😎

Harry has let the Queen down, his father, his brother, his country, his regiment, his charities and himself.

Just how is it possible ?

2 minutes ago, ho-hum said:

Harry has let the Queen down, his father, his brother, his country, his regiment, his charities and himself.

Just how is it possible ?

She is a witch.... Or else Harry is thinking with his.......  er, you know..🍸

56 minutes ago, TrapperZimmy said:

You’re speaking in jest of course .......a very small section of Brits today are creating quite a “hoo-ha” exploiting injustices of Britain’s colonial past for social and political reform......which has suddenly come to a “grinding halt” once the pubs were opened ironically !
Britain’s colonial past is again catching up with us as the government has allowed 4 million Hong Kong citizens to live in the UK at the time we are leaving the EU on the main reason of controlling immigration !
Its enough to send Hum down the pub (again).

• Like 1