In dire need of your opinions..

stickyshocker

Booked Hyatt Pier 66 30 mins ago, also had a reservation with Holiday Inn Express State Road 84 current. We are staying 2 days pre cruise and will be arriving 9 am on day 1. It would be a pleasure to take notes from everyone who have stayed at both these hotels.

Thanks!

PS

I will only keep one hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise move would be to check/verify how early you will be allowed to check-in.

Most have a default time of 3 pm.

haven't spoke to Hyatt yet, but with Holiday they would try at 12 noon. DW wanted to keep Holiday for the breakfast perks, but Im more enamored with Hyatt.

Are these the only two hotels you would consider? If not perhaps you can check out Embassy Suites (Hilton Honors site) or Hyatt Place (http://www.valuetrips.com)

so far these two are within my budget

$350 USD for 2 nights (family of 6, dang i forgot to mention that). Thanks for that site though

flash!!! saw more hotels

im overwhelmed now. starting a new thread

I saw in your other post you booked The Riverside.

You'll be VERY happy there, I would stop shopping.

FWIW, I hate the area where the Holiday Inn is located and it is really tough without a car. The Riverside is perfect if you are car less.

I saw in your other post you booked The Riverside.

You'll be VERY happy there, I would stop shopping.

FWIW, I hate the area where the Holiday Inn is located and it is really tough without a car. The Riverside is perfect if you are car less.

BlueHeron, this is not the first time i heard of a gloomy advisory on that area. All i know is that there's strip mall across the street populated with fastfood joints(good thing right?).What is it about that place?(piqued my interest)

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Renaissance Hotel? The Embassy suites is unavailable for our overnight in November.

Try Hyatt Place sits just behind Embassy Suites since that's the area you were considering...and try pricing Hyatt using

http://www.valuetrips.com

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Renaissance Hotel? The Embassy suites is unavailable for our overnight in November.

Ren is also a very nice property. About a 10 -15 minute walk to the shopping behind the Hyatt

We enjoy the Hyatt place the most if in that region but now have a new favorite, the riverside on las Olas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am with the others who say give value trips a try, for the cost difference you can't beat it. I have a reservation using valuetrips for March.

I have stayed at Hyatt Pier 66, it was ok but we had a lanai room and it was musty, I hear the tower rooms are better.

What I like to do is to go to tripadvisor and read everyone's comments about the different hotels I am looking at, that may also help.

Good luck with your hotel choice.

BlueHeron, this is not the first time i heard of a gloomy advisory on that area. All i know is that there's strip mall across the street populated with fastfood joints(good thing right?).What is it about that place?(piqued my interest)

Blueheron and I are not on the same page about this area.

We have stayed in that area every year for the last 16 years and have never had a problem or seen anything "sketchy". We usually stay at the Hampton Inn or Best Western and we don't generally have a rental car, so things are very handy within a few minutes walk. A Winn Dixie, liquor store, Big Lots, dollar store, etc. in a stripmall as well Subway, Wendy's McDonalds, Slackers Restaurant (we always look forward to our kick off cruise dinner at Slackers), a German place not far by foot.

There is a Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Best Western, Candlewood Suites and a new hotel going up in this area. I have been nothing but very pleased with our stays with these clean, comfortable affordable hotels. To me, these are reputable, mid-priced hotels. The area can't be too terrible if another new chain hotel is being built (can't recall the name). I have our mid January stay booked for $93.00 per night at the Best Western.

This area is not Las Olas Blvd. or some other upscale neighbourhood. All I can say is that we've been very pleased and have never seen any questionable behaviour or anything to make us nervous in the area (and we always travel with our young kids).

Lanai rooms is what we have on Hyatt Pier 66, I've read many unsatisfactory reviews throughout the internet so no wonder it is the cheapest one(available to my group) among the three hotels I was trying to pick.

Thanks btw for the info on State Road 84, I have Holiday booked there but the price(and a few dollars more) is similar to the Riverside hotel, so that will be released as well, if anything I would be adding Hyatt Place 17th to the deck and see how it stacks up against Riverside hotel.

Thanks for all the helpful informations!