Dramamine Naturals Ginger

SwimCarrie

We used the sea bands on our first 4 cruises. They worked for all 5 of us and we had some rough seas on one of those trips. I prefer the ginger capsules because sea bands will stay wet a while and they don't go well with my formal wear.

You can get them at any pharmacy - I get mine at walmart. They're with all the supplements & vitamins. My store puts them in sort of alphabetical order with the b vitamins, magnesium, calcium, selenium, etc. You know, all those individually bottled ones.

You can get them at any pharmacy - I get mine at walmart. They're with all the supplements & vitamins. My store puts them in sort of alphabetical order with the b vitamins, magnesium, calcium, selenium, etc. You know, all those individually bottled ones.

Thank you! I will look for them next time I'm in Walmart.

Hi cruise lovers,

Has anyone tried the new (or new to me, anyway) Dramamine? Has it worked for you? My son and I both get motion sickness and we're tired of sleeping through dinner in the MDR!

I finally asked my MD for the patches but my son is too young to use them, so when I was out getting Dramamine, I found the Naturals.

Any experience with either the ginger pills or the patch? Preference?

Thanks!

Usually works very well for my wife. She takes half a tab which of course causes less drowsiness so its been fine.

DH used to take meclizine for motion sickness. On our last cruise, the ship's doctor told him to stop immediately because he had developed pain in his jaw. Apparently that's a rare side effect of meclizine.

I always bring along some candied ginger. I feel the real stuff is better than capsules, plus it tastes great.

DH used to take meclizine for motion sickness. On our last cruise, the ship's doctor told him to stop immediately because he had developed pain in his jaw. Apparently that's a rare side effect of meclizine.

I always bring along some candied ginger. I feel the real stuff is better than capsules, plus it tastes great.

Where can I find the candied ginger?

Where can I find the candied ginger?

Trader Joe's, Asian grocers, bulk aisle in larger grocery stores (this would be candied ginger used in baking, rather than individually wrapped ginger candy chews) and Amazon has tons of options...

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Grocery-Gourmet-Food-Ginger-Candy/zgbs/grocery/7514604011

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi cruise lovers,

Has anyone tried the new (or new to me, anyway) Dramamine? Has it worked for you? My son and I both get motion sickness and we're tired of sleeping through dinner in the MDR!

I finally asked my MD for the patches but my son is too young to use them, so when I was out getting Dramamine, I found the Naturals.

Any experience with either the ginger pills or the patch? Preference?

Thanks!

Only experienced sea sickness once.I took some of these Ginger pills bought at gift shop on board because Medical Department was not open at that time.I was in the throws of the sickness.They did not do a thing for me and I had to get to medical were they gave me an injection,told me to get into bed I slept and in few hours I was fine .

Edited by kruisey

Occasionally I get vertigo. Meclizine works great but makes me sleepy. Very sleepy, but it is better than vertigo.

Have you tried the Epley exercises? I suffer from vertigo, and this helps me a lot more than meclizine. My doctor is in agreement that this is a safe and effective method for managing vertigo.

https://www.activator.com/wp-content/uploads/Home%20Epley%20Handouts.pdf