Are they still doing the top 10 silly questions asked onboard cruise ship[e

mcatmcat

Back when I began sailing with Royal️ I wanted to go to every single show and I remember the CD making fun about the top 10 silky questions asked onboard. My family and I found the questions super funny [emoji12]but since I don't go to the show that much these day I was wondering if the CD still make fun of those question. [emoji1360]

Also I don't know how Royal allowed that, for me it was funny but I always though it could make some cruiser specially elderly [emoji149]or new [emoji736]a little bit uncomfortable.

[emoji341]Are they still doing the top 10 silly questions asked onboard cruise ship[emoji845]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back when I began sailing with Royal️ I wanted to go to every single show and I remember the CD making fun about the top 10 silky questions asked onboard. My family and I found the questions super funny [emoji12]but since I don't go to the show that much these day I was wondering if the CD still make fun of those question. [emoji1360]

Also I don't know how Royal allowed that, for me it was funny but I always though it could make some cruiser specially elderly [emoji149]or new [emoji736]a little bit uncomfortable.

[emoji341]Are they still doing the top 10 silly questions asked onboard cruise ship[emoji845]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't heard those in a long time. They were funny, but they were also obviously all made up and we heard them on Carnival also. I think they wore a little thin as most poeple have heard them multiple times.

We heard them on our first cruise and thought they were hilarious and true.... okay call me gullible. Anyway I think it's a hoot for first time cruisers and as someone who has a few cruises under their belt, I still enjoy them!

Just did a Carnival cruise (sorry Royal) and we met an older couple on Formal night (on Carnival that seems to mean no holes in your jeans). They admired our formal wear but said they were passing up dinner that night because they didn't want to pay extra - obviously thought formal meant an extra charge, so some dumb questions are real.

We have not heard them in a while. But not sure they are all made up. Two things I have actually heard are:

Lady getting out of the elevator (first day) she looks at the floor and says to her friend - hey, look they name the elevators this one is Sunday - I wonder what the others are named.

Just after an "Alpha" call - lady gets up from her table in the Windjammer and tells her husband to get moving - he asks why - she says "The Captain just spotted a whale, and I want to go see it."

Also in the Windjammer but in the very back and docked in Key West. Another ship is docking right behind us and a lady - (not a blond either) looks at her husband and says, "How is that ship going to stop and not run into us." and in her next breath says - "Oh I forgot, all the Captains are part of the US Navy." I thought her husband was going to die laughing as he tried to explain docking and captains.

We took my mother on a cruise that departed from Aruba. Getting off the plane, she thanked the Captain for his smooth flight to Bermuda. The look on his face was priceless! :eek:

Same mother, same cruise a few hours later.........I go to her cabin to see if she's ready to do whatever it was. I find her at the window quite frustrated. She said she needed a screwdriver as the window wouldn't open. When I told her that the window was sealed, yes, you guessed it....the look on her face was priceless. :D

I know, right? For a less than five minute session too. This is nearly as bad as asking "can I bring a small boat on board, so we can sail off ourselves when ported out?"

Sorry but your ignorance is showing, badly.

You do know that you can climb longer than 5 minutes, right? You do know that climbing is a real sport that some people enjoy, right? You do know the vast majority of people who rock/sport climb own their own equipment and at real gyms use their own equipment exclusively, right? I hope you can understand that most people trust/like their own equipment that they personally inspect and care for more than random equipment they know nothing about.

Just because you are ignorant of a sport, doesn't mean it is a dumb question. People bring their own gear for snorkeling, diving, flow riding, ice skating, etc. My climbing gear takes up about as much space as a couple pairs of pants and weight less, so it isn't like it is hassle to take it with you somewhere.

Also if you noticed, every person in that thread that knew anything about rock climbing recommended bringing some of your own gear.

Considering I've climbed at at least ten different gyms, including at huge corporations (Life Time Fitness), Universities and many different climbing focused gyms and every single one of them recommends buying and using your own equipment I don't think it is that bad of a question.

Edited by OSUZorba