UPGRADE....Worth it?

Bigbluegal

That's true the gratuities do increase but RCI won't add it to your cruise or deduct the difference from your onboard account. It's up to those in the cabin to make up the difference in cash. Whether or not they do so is something else.

Why would that be the case?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That's true the gratuities do increase but RCI won't add it to your cruise or deduct the difference from your onboard account. It's up to those in the cabin to make up the difference in cash. Whether or not they do so is something else.

Noticed that you are on the Freedom B2B, same as DH and I!;) Hope our roll call didn't scare you off from posting with all of us!:eek: Anyway, hope to meet you at the M&M, sail-away or somewhere around the ship during those 2 wonderful weeks!!:cool:

P.S. I'll add you to both roll calls if you'd like (or not).

Was not the case when we were upgraded, no cost, from a JS to a GS. Gratuities were added each day at the GS rate.

Had a paid upgrade from JS to CL and the gratuities were adjusted accordingly on that one also.

Would take the upgrade in a heart beat. Happy hour drinks and the coffee machine are worth some $$$$. Possible bridge tour, possible sail away on helipad, Coastal Kitchen.

Edited by looking4info

Was not the case when we were upgraded, no cost, from a JS to a GS. Gratuities were added each day at the GS rate.

Had a paid upgrade from JS to CL and the gratuities were adjusted accordingly on that one also.

Would take the upgrade in a heart beat. Happy hour drinks and the coffee machine are worth some $$$$. Possible bridge tour, possible sail away on helipad, Coastal Kitchen.

I've tried numerous times to have it adjusted. They wouldn't do it. The last time I asked the concierge to take care of it for me since I was having no luck. He insured me that it would be taken care of. Never taken care of.

Assuming the money is not a limiting factor, I would do it in a second !

The full suite perks are so nice and certainly worth the money, IMO.

Room service can be ordered from the MDR (as opposed to that very limited RS menu) and the nice big deck with the RFS will be wonderful.

As mentioned, you will get complimentary VOOM internet service for all of the people in the room.

You get priority tendering (if you have any tendering ports of call) and priority disembarkation which includes a special exclusive line through customs.

You get complimentary Luggage Valet if you are flying...which is wonderful.

And while you would have access to the Coastal Kitchen for dinner only in the Jr. Suite, you will have unlimited access to the CK and Suites Lounge in the full suite. There are complimentary drinks from 11AM - 11PM in the Suites lounge that includes beer, wine, sodas, specialty coffee (assuming the machine is working), water and fresh-squeezed juice. The breakfast in CK is worth it alone ! Those b'fasts are so nice, quiet, easy. Much more elegant than going to the MDR or, heaven forbid, the Windjammer.

With the boys being the ages that they are, I think this extra, separate bedroom and the extra bathroom are going to be a REALLY big deal. There will be so much more space for 3 adults than in a Jr. Suite.

There are specially reserved seating areas in the main theater, ice show theater and Aqua theater for gold card holders. You do not have to show up extra early to get a seat. Just be there at least 10 minutes before showtime. They open those seats to public seating at 10 minutes before the shows.

If you decide to eat in the MDR without a reservation (assuming you have MTD), you will be seated immediately with the gold card. You do not have to wait in line. It's a really handy perk during the peak dining hours.

A little pricey, but considering the age of your boys (I really mean, young men, of course !) I think it is a good value and a nice upsell.

Edit: Ooops...forgot that there aren't gold cards anymore on the O Class. Sorry.

Edited by RFerrington

Thanks so much for all of the responses. We currently have the RR beverage package, would the implication be to cancel and get the drinks from the suite lounge during the day. How would that proximity be to the pool area?

That would certainly be one way to make the upgrade more affordable. The kids being all over the ship and wanting the soda might not agree, but I'd probably give mine up if I was squeaking to justify the $600

Since op has bought the internet for 3 people the upgrade would only be about $400. You can now cancell that internet package and get that $200 refunded. That works out to about $18 a day per passenger.

Makes it a no brainer unless finances were tight.

Looks like you sail soon.....did you take the upgrade??! We just upgraded to a JS guarantee. There are about 20 suites still available to book with 39 days until we sail. I'm hoping I get a similar call! :-)

We did take the upgrade...i hope it was worth it. I have only stayed in an Ocean balcony on my previous cruise. We are looking forward to the extra space.

We did take the upgrade...i hope it was worth it. I have only stayed in an Ocean balcony on my previous cruise. We are looking forward to the extra space.

Congrats! I don't think you'll regret it. Have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Good for you!. If you can,give a brief review of your experience when you return.

We did actually have the full 16.50 per day per person deducted for gratuities from our onboard account.