Another shoe question and yes I searched before asking

edawn

Are the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants the only places with a strict dress code?

Or can I enter the two main dining rooms for breakfast and lunch wearing shirts and polo shirt.

On the Epic, the Taste MDR is the only one open for breakfast and lunch. O'Shehans is open 24/7. You can wear you resort casual clothes at both restaurants.

Per my prior post, ONLY the Manhattan Room MDR and the Le Bistro specialty restaurant REQUIRE gentlemen to wear shoes, slacks, and a collared shirt for dinner.

That being said, most people will dress similarly for any specialty restaurant.

What kind/types of shoes do most men bring and wear on NCL? This will be our first NCL cruise and I keep reading how people love the freestyle (which I think means, not having strict meal times with the same people each night) and they love no formal nights/casual dress.

I am just wondering what type of shoes to tell my husband to bring. He really only has dress work shoes, tennis shoes and leather flip flop type sandals. But I am happy to go pick him up another pair of shoes. So men, what do you bring to "shoe wise" to wear to the specialty restaurants?

Thanks so much!

What kind/types of shoes do most men bring and wear on NCL? This will be our first NCL cruise and I keep reading how people love the freestyle (which I think means, not having strict meal times with the same people each night) and they love no formal nights/casual dress.

I am just wondering what type of shoes to tell my husband to bring. He really only has dress work shoes, tennis shoes and leather flip flop type sandals. But I am happy to go pick him up another pair of shoes. So men, what do you bring to "shoe wise" to wear to the specialty restaurants?

Thanks so much!

I take soft leather shoes [emoji151] tennis [emoji462] shoes and slippers for breakfast in Cagneys that's it no one really cares what u wear dont stress yourself about shoes [emoji151] or buy another pair

If it's ur first cruise u will learn that

What u need is half the clothes you took

And twice the money you took

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by philip_eunice1

They can wear them at breakfast, lunch and dinner. NCL does not care what shoes you are wearing.

Spoke to NCL. They said that breakfast and lunch are OK, but for dinner, gentlemen must have a collard shirt, slacks, (no shorts) and no open toed shoes. They added that this will be strictly enforced.

Any closed shoe will be fine for dinner anywhere

Remember its cool onship at night ....they really crank the AC .....so maybe you are better off in slacks and closed shoes .andbring a sweater ....

My hubby y took boat shoes and dress shoes

My son wore black running shoes ..keep flip flops for pool beach or buffet

Any closed shoe will be fine for dinner anywhere

Remember its cool onship at night ....they really crank the AC .....so maybe you are better off in slacks and closed shoes .andbring a sweater ....

My hubby y took boat shoes and dress shoes

My son wore black running shoes ..keep flip flops for pool beach or buffet

Maybe I will look for some boat shoes. My husbands work shoes are not very comfortable and are what he would wear on a ship that does not have casual dress. I am sure once we have sailed on NCL we will "get" what everyone is talking about LOL :D

Thanks so much!

I like a closed toe, weaved leather type sandal with a back heel strap so they don't flap much .

Good for on a boat or on a beach.

Edited by biker@sea

The only dress code in the dining rooms at breakfast and lunch is no wet bathig suits, and shirt and shoes are required for men. The shoes can be any type of sandals. Women should wear a coverup if they have on bathing suits, along with shoes of any type.

Spoke to NCL. They said that breakfast and lunch are OK, but for dinner, gentlemen must have a collard shirt, slacks, (no shorts) and no open toed shoes. They added that this will be strictly enforced.

That is plainly not the case except in Le Bistro and in the more formal MDR. They must have thought there were working for another cruise line if they told you that. Shorts are fine for men and women. Here is what NCL states at their web site:

"What Should I Pack?

When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain. Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day. Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise. We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly. Since your suitcases are collected the night before we return home, don’t forget an overnight bag for prescriptions and need-to-have items. "

Maybe I will look for some boat shoes. My husbands work shoes are not very comfortable and are what he would wear on a ship that does not have casual dress. I am sure once we have sailed on NCL we will "get" what everyone is talking about LOL :D

Sketchers Go Walk 3 are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. Try them on in a local store and them research on line and get them cheaper through shoes.com or Amazon. Come in multiple colors and styles. There's an all black pair with a mesh type upper that is fantastic.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Interesting thread. My DH and I plan to wear our designer ripped jeans with nice shoes (heals for me, closed toed shoes for DH) and nice tops (bottom up short sleeve shirt or long sleeve with sleeves rolled up for DH) to Moderno and Teppanyaki on our next cruise. But the other specialty restaurants we plan to wear slacks/skirts and nice tops/button up shirts. I would be shocked to be turned away, but maybe we will?

They might not let you in with ripped jeans, even if they are "designer". lol

https://www.ncl.com/faq#packing

"We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. "

Edited by ColinIllinois

Interesting thread. My DH and I plan to wear our designer ripped jeans with nice shoes (heals for me, closed toed shoes for DH) and nice tops (bottom up short sleeve shirt or long sleeve with sleeves rolled up for DH) to Moderno and Teppanyaki on our next cruise. But the other specialty restaurants we plan to wear slacks/skirts and nice tops/button up shirts. I would be shocked to be turned away, but maybe we will?

You will be turned away. Dress properly (in accordance with the ship's guidance ("jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants") for dinner and you won't have to fight the fashion police.

You will be turned away. Dress properly (in accordance with the ship's guidance ("jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants") for dinner and you won't have to fight the fashion police.

Pssssst....read the other posts. ;)

My jeans won't be below my hips. So we are taking the chance. ;)

Edited by Love.II.Cruise