Sara Lee promotion win free cruise?

pris993

I don't recall getting an email, but I just looked on the Facebook page for that company and the contest is there. so it looks like a legitimate contest. But it doesn't mean they are getting their products on board. Often companies will do a barter agreement of some sort, but it doesn't mean a partnership.

I found the website for the actual sweepstakes so I can see the rules. This is what is said about the prize: One (1) Grand Prize: 5 day Eastern Caribbean cruise embarking and disembarking from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida for Grand Prize winner and up to three guests, sharing accommodations of one quadruple occupancy mini-suite stateroom. Cruise includes all regular onboard meals and entertainment, applicable taxes, fees and port expenses for Cruise only. TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE POINT OF EMBARKMENT/ DISEMBARKMENT FOR THE CRUISE IS NOT INCLUDED. ARV: up to $3,500

so the maximum it's costing sara lee will be the cost of the cruise, port fees and taxes, and any other expenses such as any advertising. Maybe buying an email list from Princess...it could be that when you signed up your email, you allowed for 3rd party emails.

It doesn't include airfare, on board spending, excursions....I couldn't find any info re gratituties but I would imagine those aren't included either. If you're thinking of entering but aren't able to sail at any time, look at the blackout dates. http://woobox.com/offers/rules/fbizb8

Patty, I'm wondering if you didn't get the email for this is because you live in California where winning this would actually cost you quite a bit of money for flights, etc. so would be of no interest to you? Don't know ... just thinking that may be why? :confused:

LuLu

I got one as well. I think it's legit. I won a Princess cruise from Imperial Sugar. It was advertised as a shorter cruise, but when the lady from Imperial called, she was sad to inform me that I may have to take a longer cruise. So, happy me - I get to go for a week! Fortunately, the one I won included transportation. The Sara Lee one says it does not. However, it may be worth paying air to get the free cruise.

I love in SoCal and got it. Deleted it. Would never give any promo offer my email address. No doubt it's legit but think of all the emails you're going to get from companies Sara Lee will be giving your email to!

Edited by Sandy R

It doesn't include airfare' date=' on board spending, excursions....I couldn't find any info re gratituties but I would imagine those aren't included either. If you're thinking of entering but aren't able to sail at any time, look at the blackout dates. http://woobox.com/offers/rules/fbizb8[/quote']

The blackout dates are basically Thanksgiving and Christmas cruises -- no surprise there, they are hot sellers. I entered and would gladly take the cruise if I win. "Everybody doesn't like something, but nobody doesn't like ... a free cruise."

Anyone get an email, ref a chance to win a free cruise implying a connection between Princess and Sara Lee snacks? This seems very strange to me... hope Princess is not serving Sara Lee on board now.

Got it. Like it. Hope I win the cruise!

Patty, I'm wondering if you didn't get the email for this is because you live in California where winning this would actually cost you quite a bit of money for flights, etc. so would be of no interest to you? Don't know ... just thinking that may be why? :confused:

LuLu

Not sure if I got one or not. we did a lot of traveling (road trips to visit the girl at the college she was attending last year) last year, so we're probably not going to take any trips in the coming year...so I haven't been reading any of the emails that I received from Princess. I just did a search of my yahoo email (that's where I get offers from Princess) and nothing came up on "Sara Lee."