Grand or Owners suite

Billym1507

Hi.

I am looking to book a cruise on the Navigator. I am torn between a Grand balcony and owners suite. Looking at the photos I don't see much difference. If anyone has done both could you please let me know which you preferred and why ?

Thank you so much.

Billy.

We prefer the Owner's suites over the Grand suites mainly due to the real dining table and the bigger bathroom (separate shower and bathtub), but unfortunately the price difference between the 2 is often unjustified.

When the price difference is small, the OS is our choice, but we mostly book GS (or even Junior Suite when the full suite prices are ridiculously high).

Overall we are always happy in the GS and the OS is just a nice bonus when we have one. The JSs do feel small compare to the GS and OS, but the GS does not feel small compared to an OS.

-jani

Edited by jani

We prefer the Owner's suites over the Grand suites mainly due to the real dining table and the bigger bathroom (separate shower and bathtub), but unfortunately the price difference between the 2 is often unjustified.

When the price difference is small, the OS is our choice, but we mostly book GS (or even Junior Suite when the full suite prices are ridiculously high).

Overall we are always happy in the GS and the OS is just a nice bonus when we have one. The JSs do feel small compare to the GS and OS, but the GS does not feel small compared to an OS.

-jani

Agree with above. If you are travelling with children then the extra space in the lounge area and table are useful in the OS but for just two of you....

Timely thread, my wife and I are booked in a GS on Indy and January, and looks like an OS just opened up, been contemplating whether it would be worth the extra $900. I do like the idea of a real dining table if we want to just hang out and order in, and having the jacuzzi tub, but still wrestling whether that's worth the $900 or just saving that $900 for excursions and such. Such hard decisions. :)

GrayMaineCruiser, I think you will be happy with the GS. $900 is a lot for the extra space. You will have a table on your balcony that we have used easily for dining in our GS. And, you get all the same perks of the OS. There is, however, quite a bit of extra space in the OS. I remember our oldest daughter bringing friends in our OS and when they walked into the bathroom their comment was "this is bigger than our room!". Only you know if all the extra space and the dining room table are worth it to you. Enjoy your cruise either way.

I have traveled both in GS and OS and I would say GS is always the right choice unless the price between the 2 is negligible. OS is just a little more roomy but unless you plan to go on a 90 day cruise it wont matter so you have made the right choice for GS.

I am attaching some photos of our last OS just so you can see the small differences.

20160409_131153.jpg.162911d0557c7b3a7ebae9d3a305c1ad.jpg

20160409_131209.jpg.2b1ffd18b73eb5bb761c00ac6dd58d17.jpg

20160409_131234.jpg.c2512821ed9480295d94e297783d3272.jpg

20160409_132000.jpg.62238d88d0057f6a0c9027447ef61e72.jpg

If you are planning on having a party, a OS has more room and a larger balcony. We usually do the JS, and if you can get a aft on the Voyager class, you will get a massive balcony. Personally the JS is fine for the two of us. If the price is right the other suites are all in play.

We've done both Owners and Grand suites and prefer the grand much better because the shower in the Owners is small. However, if you have limited mobility the shower/tub combo in the grand is hard to get in/out of because it's so high. So my vote is for Grand if you have normal mobility.

Have sailed/stayed in both. Basically it's price for me because either one satisfies our needs.

56 Cruises and Counting! Bon Voyage to my fellow CC's and smooth sailing.

Planning a vacay is almost as much fun as the vacay itself!!!

I have the bruises to show for it, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That reminds me. I have to let my 2 rookie cruiser friends know that they should avoid taking a shower in our GS when they're drunk.

I asked our stateroom attendant on our last cruise if they had a step stool but unfortunately they said they didn't.