Cruise expo

bigdavefc

I quite like attending travel or cruise expos and usually end up with lots of brochures which keep me amused for quite some time :D:D

In terms of booking, have never booked as there is sort of a 'better book quick or the deal won't be available' when in effect the pricing is basically the same. I do not like any hard sell or feel like I am being pressured into anything. I like to book on my own terms. Others may have different experiences though.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Sure did a couple of years ago got a real bargain, 14 nights on HAL, ocean view, $999, haven't seen any as good for a couple of years but always go now, just in case. Also I also love to stock up on cruise brochures from various cruise lines, love seeing all the different options each company provide.

They normally have some show specials. Sometimes it's good and it is something you are after and sometimes it isn't. (Sometimes they even say it's a show special when the same price is online). You really need to know your prices before you go. I have booked flights before at a travel show that were cheaper than anywhere else. I have found the shows are getting scabbier with their brochures - they are only handing out pamphlets and you can get more info online. The shows are that busy it's impossible to talk to any staff if you want any information.

I quite like attending travel or cruise expos and usually end up with lots of brochures which keep me amused for quite some time :D:D

In terms of booking, have never booked as there is sort of a 'better book quick or the deal won't be available' when in effect the pricing is basically the same. I do not like any hard sell or feel like I am being pressured into anything. I like to book on my own terms. Others may have different experiences though.

I agree, I have been tempted once or twice but generally we go armed with what we want to do and know what is a good price or not. So far, we have seen some great (expo only) deals but not necessarily what we would want to do.

I much prefer sitting quietly working the details out rather than the hustle and noise, most agents honour the deals for a week or two after the expo.

The only thing I like about them is being able to get a good range of brochures to work through.

Went last year when it was just a "cruise" expo. Very crowded and noisy so if it's expanded to be a "travel and cruise" I can only imagine how busy it will get.

I went armed with a selection of specific cruises we were interested in. Spoke with a couple of the TA's that were there got a good price (well same or a little less than what I could get from my usual online Cruise TA). Booked, entered a competition with the same TA I booked with and ended up finding out a few days later I won $1,000 travel voucher. Put that towards the cruise. So ended up being a good day.

As others have said if you are in to brochures you can end up with a truckload of them.

Would I go again probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Went last year when it was just a "cruise" expo. Very crowded and noisy so if it's expanded to be a "travel and cruise" I can only imagine how busy it will get.

I went armed with a selection of specific cruises we were interested in. Spoke with a couple of the TA's that were there got a good price (well same or a little less than what I could get from my usual online Cruise TA). Booked, entered a competition with the same TA I booked with and ended up finding out a few days later I won $1,000 travel voucher. Put that towards the cruise. So ended up being a good day.

As others have said if you are in to brochures you can end up with a truckload of them.

Would I go again probably not.

Good result for you, I think it best to have done your research before going there or you may end up booking something that may not be a bargain.

Last year this expo was "Europe and Cruise" however with all the trouble in Europe the company that runs the expo has decided to rebrand and go with "Travel and Cruise". While you'll see a lot of different TAs attending, all are owned and employed by one agency that has several niche brands as well as the well-known brand. From experience, specials aren't all that flash - you might get a hundred dollars off here and there and maybe some additional OBC, but nothing ridiculously fantastic.