would anyone know?

fizzy

We would like to try an early spring cruise 2017 on Odyssey. We usually travel on Silversea and Regent. Are there likely to be incentive groups on board? We have actually found these groups can be quite a lot of fun so no complaints on that account. I was just wondering if this might be a similar situation. Thanks

Interesting question as I'd like to know how to find this out also.

I have many nights on SB and have never had my cruise with them affected by a large group. However, I suspect there's a large-ish group on my upcoming Quest cruise. If so, it would be the first time for me on SB and unfortunately I don't share your positive attitude about groups!

My only experience of it so far was on SS, a group of around 25 people who were ill mannered, drunk, loud, entitled and basically took over the ship. Had no clue about basic manners, shoved people out of the way when in the queue for tenders etc.

Ok that's my whine for the day, let's hope someone knows the answer to how we would find this information. I've tried Googling for my cruise but nothing came up.

In all our nearly 300 days on Seabourn I have never known an incentive group to be on board. The nearest you get is that there is sometimes a Virtuoso Voyagers or similar 'group' who just have the odd cocktail party on board which can take up perhaps one third of the Club bar; never a problem.

I had a friend who sailed on Seabourn independently that also catered for a group on the smaller ships in 2014. It was a golfing group and they didn't take over the ship so much as have there own tour groups. This made it difficult to get enough people on normal Seabourn tours so some excursions cancelled.

This would probably not be a problem on the bigger ships as more passengers to fill the excursions.

Julie

Edited by frantic36

We had found these groups on 7 day beach trips and seemed to be some sort of corporate reward. They must have had meetings during the day and were then "off" in the evenings. It was certainly a younger demo than usual but added some fun to the nightlife. The cruise consultant was mentioning to us that it is a great way to introduce the younger people to a different style of cruising than they may be used to......... I would like to add one more question. Due to work scheduling and cutting it close on time.... does anyone use the Seabourn flight arrangements? We are trying to see if we can pull this off as easily as possible and try our first Seabourn cruise. Thanks again.

fizzy,

We have used Seabourn air many times. We think it makes the whole trip less stressful. They pick you up at the airport and take you to the ship. If for some reason they can't make connections to get you there in time for the sailing on the day the cruise departs, they put you up in a hotel overnight, breakfast included, then transport you to the ship the next day. The price may be higher than what you can arrange yourself but to us it is worth it.

If you decide to take a Seabourn cruise there is a sticky at the top of the page for a referral coupon for $400 shipboard credit. I have put my email there.

We have used Seabourn Air ,and find they look after you very well between cruise and flight but find their pricing impossible to understand. We have found they are either very reasonable of ridiculously expensive. So we get a quote and if it is the first use them , otherwise book our own.:)

We had found these groups on 7 day beach trips and seemed to be some sort of corporate reward. They must have had meetings during the day and were then "off" in the evenings. It was certainly a younger demo than usual but added some fun to the nightlife. The cruise consultant was mentioning to us that it is a great way to introduce the younger people to a different style of cruising than they may be used to......... I would like to add one more question. Due to work scheduling and cutting it close on time.... does anyone use the Seabourn flight arrangements? We are trying to see if we can pull this off as easily as possible and try our first Seabourn cruise. Thanks again.

I only use Seabourn Air. The thought of scrabbling around following a delayed flight fills me with terror, im a gambler but not suicidal. If you get really lucky they will book you on a flight which doesn't work for them and then change the flight to a say earlier. If this happens happy days we had a complimentary night at the Grand Bretagne in Athens. Delightful, and chauffeur Mercedes all the way. No we were not in PH or better, deck 4!!!

I never use Seabourn Air. I make my own arrangements because we are always doing something pre/post cruise. For our next cruise, which leaves from Barcelona, we arrive in the City two days before the ship leaves. That way we can enjoy the city, its restaurants and have no worries about missing the ship.

I never use Seabourn Air. I make my own arrangements because we are always doing something pre/post cruise.

Ditto. Plus I like managing my own arrangements so I have some choice of carriers since the hard products can vary so much, even in business or first class (or I should say *especially* in business or first class)! Plus I like staying in an alliance where I have status (although I guess everyone worth flying these days is OneWorld, Star Alliance, or SkyTeam so that covers most of my bases).

My biggest issue is always where I'm flying from/to before/after. This coming cruise I thought I'd done well securing DFW-ATH and NCE-DFW flights. I've had to rebook and change carriers to do SEA-ATH before (now with Luggage Forward) and I may have to go straight to NYC or SFO from NCE. Seabourn Air doesn't give me that kind of flexibility. :(

Like dalliowner, we try to use Seabourn' air,but the costs vary from very reasonable to ridiculous, very strange. However, sometimes the higher price is because you have a flight after 3 p.m., so you are taken to a hotel in town, given what is usually an excellent lunch with wine, and then on to the airport. We have had two lovely stop offs in Barcelona, at Hotel 1898 and the Hotel Fuster, when the flight was later.

Of course, we are only flying within Europe, so do not feel the need for business class, for just 2 hours or so.

I was on a 14 night back to back Seabourn cruise a couple of years ago and a large incentive group came on for the second 7 days. It is not an exaggeration to say that our cruise was ruined. The group was highly disruptive, rude, and significantly impacted the cruise experience of the remaining passengers (drunk people passing out in the toilets, people "bombing into the pool" etc). I sincerely hope that our experience was a one off. Seabourn acknowledged the impact and provided compensation. It was truly awful and almost put me off Seabourn for good. I think many lessons were learned. Two cruises since then have restored my faith in the cruiseline, they were wonderful.

I had a friend who sailed on Seabourn independently that also catered for a group on the smaller ships in 2014. It was a golfing group and they didn't take over the ship so much as have there own tour groups.

Julie

We were on the Pride in Sep 2013 and also had a golfing group on-board - could be the same group as I had heard this group does this yearly. They did, to an extent, take over in the fact that the ship arrived and departed based on their tee times at whatever course they were playing. I recall we were delayed departing one afternoon as they were late arriving back on the ship. Not a big deal. I also heard they took over the laundry with large numbers of towels each afternoon. Another reason why it is such a pleasure having Seabourn do your laundry :)