Can you change ships after final payment?

The answer is likely "officially" no. But I have read on here that some people have been able to do it based on reasons like family emergency, sudden illness, etc. The question is why do you want to change ships and what would the dates be? If it's just that you decided you'd rather do a different ship, it's less likely.

I'd call your TA or RCCL and talk to someone there. You never know. If there are open cabins on the ship you want to go on, they may just let you do it. It's free to ask, so give it a shot.

Let us know how it turns out.

Edited by papaflamingo

The answer is likely "officially" no. But I have read on here that some people have been able to do it based on reasons like family emergency, sudden illness, etc. The question is why do you want to change ships and what would the dates be? If it's just that you decided you'd rather do a different ship, it's less likely.

I'd call your TA or RCCL and talk to someone there. You never know. If there are open cabins on the ship you want to go on, they may just let you do it. It's free to ask, so give it a shot.

Let us know how it turns out.

The reason we want to change is because we are booked on the Freedom for 5 nights, and now the Allure has a 7 nighter for just a bit more than we paid. Both leave the same date. I have a call in to my travel agent, will let you know if we are successful.

My son and his partner were able to change from a spring break cruise in 2016 to one in 2017, due to the sudden availability of their son for adoption. They called Royal expecting to cancel and lose their money but Royal was more than helpful in helping them switch to another cruise. They are very loyal Royal cruisers now!:D

Sherri:)