Royal Suite Bedding?

gcorgain

I'm wondering if they upgraded the beds when they renovated the Royal Suites. I was in a Signature Suite on Reflection and they had an adjustable bed which could not be converted to singles. When you adjusted it both sides would adjust at the same incline.

Here are a couple threads on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1953804

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176475

Edited by Jim_Iain

Shoot. We are on Silhouette. Sounds like we are stuck.

We would also prefer the beds split - my husband fidgets a lot during the night and also tends to steal the duvet. Our solution is to request the bed to be made up with separate bedding (such as they would use for the split beds).We each get our own duvet. Combined with the excellent mattresses, I get a great night's sleep.

I got the idea because, at home, rather than a large bed, we use two singles pushed together with separate bedding - separate but together - the secret of a long marriage.

Edited by Project_gal

• 2 months later...
Shoot. We are on Silhouette. Sounds like we are stuck.

Greg now you are back (and hopefully had a wonderfull cruise) I'd be very interested to know whether your beds split. we have RS1116 booked on Silhouette for 2018 and twins are our set up of choice.

from the research I have done it seems on S class ships in RSs some do and some don't (obviously X don't know which :eek:)

groryjm, We will be in 1116 and 1114 in early 2017 on the Silhouette. We just like a big bed without a need to separate. I will try to remember and let you know about the bed in 1116.

emelle

Hi Emelle

That would be great .... I have my fingers crossed. Have a great cruise

We are on Equinox at present and, according to our butler, the PH beds are the only ones that do not split.

Thanks Sue. That's good to know. I have my fingers crossed that the RSs on Silhouette can be split too.

We would also prefer the beds split - my husband fidgets a lot during the night and also tends to steal the duvet. Our solution is to request the bed to be made up with separate bedding (such as they would use for the split beds).We each get our own duvet. Combined with the excellent mattresses, I get a great night's sleep.

I got the idea because, at home, rather than a large bed, we use two singles pushed together with separate bedding - separate but together - the secret of a long marriage.

You just need to TEACH your hubby HOW to sleep properly! My hubby used to wrap himself in the covers, and mess up the bed....43 years later, he is a PERFECT sleeper...and has been for 35 years! Takes time, but is totally worth it!

I can confirm that the Royal Suite beds we had did not split on the Silhouette. They gave us separate top bedding and it worked ok. We were both a little leery of it, but really proved to be no issue. And the Royal Suite was wonderful.

• 1 month later...

We are just off Silhouette yesterday in RS1116. I am amazed that once I got in vacation mode that I remembered this question!

Our butler, Teguh, and I had a specific discussion about the bed and both actually got down on our "hands and knees" to inspect the bottom etc. I will say my husband and I slept in it as one bed with a medium matress firmness.

According to the butler, while it appears that the bed is in one piece, bolted together on the bottom etc, they have a clamp and/or bolts etc that they can remove or alter to separate the bed into two in this RS. They keep it bolted or clamped together when used as one bed so that the parts do not easily separate (!). Then he told me that the each side of the new mattresses can be adjusted to soft or medium or hard firmness---that there are parts inside the mattress that the room stewards/butler fix to adjust the mattress firmness at the passenger request. This can also be accomplished when the bed is together so that each side can have their choice of firmness.

The butler also told me that the other RSs on Silhouette were the same bedding/bedframes. He said that because the bottom of the bed in the Penthouse suite was "wooden" and of a different configuration that the PH bed could not be separated.

I would ask the shoreside concierge to adjust the bed configuration etc. to your liking and hope this helps.

1116 was fabulous as always. Butler and room steward experienced and helpful. Michael's club concierge was great.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. Emelle

We are just off Silhouette yesterday in RS1116. I am amazed that once I got in vacation mode that I remembered this question!

Our butler, Teguh, and I had a specific discussion about the bed and both actually got down on our "hands and knees" to inspect the bottom etc. I will say my husband and I slept in it as one bed with a medium matress firmness.

According to the butler, while it appears that the bed is in one piece, bolted together on the bottom etc, they have a clamp and/or bolts etc that they can remove or alter to separate the bed into two in this RS. They keep it bolted or clamped together when used as one bed so that the parts do not easily separate (!). Then he told me that the each side of the new mattresses can be adjusted to soft or medium or hard firmness---that there are parts inside the mattress that the room stewards/butler fix to adjust the mattress firmness at the passenger request. This can also be accomplished when the bed is together so that each side can have their choice of firmness.

The butler also told me that the other RSs on Silhouette were the same bedding/bedframes. He said that because the bottom of the bed in the Penthouse suite was "wooden" and of a different configuration that the PH bed could not be separated.

I would ask the shoreside concierge to adjust the bed configuration etc. to your liking and hope this helps.

1116 was fabulous as always. Butler and room steward experienced and helpful. Michael's club concierge was great.

Hope you have a wonderful trip. Emelle

Emelle

Thank you very much for finding this out. It's really good to know and the tip about the firmness adjustment is great. I'll make a note to mention to the Shoreside Concierge as my DW has a bad back so this will really help. :-)

Sent from my S30 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I read through this asking the same questions over the last few months, so I thought it wise to share my personal experience. Just off Reflection in Royal Suite 1130 - with the Reverie bed(s)... everyone prior to the cruise said NO they don't split... our butler said no they don't and our room steward said no they don't as did pre cruise concierge etc... well guess what; they do, at least in our cabin. Nobody was too anxious to really discover this though, but when we noticed the left/right head/foot adjustments, we figured at least the top mattress were separate... well the bottom frame pulled apart easily, and our cabin steward made up the room as two twins. The bedroom isn't big to start with and separating them made it even tighter, but I can confirm both beds do fully operate up, down, massage etc, and are in no way bolted together or anything, again, at least in our case. Hope this helps.

• 10 months later...