Carnival restricting Samsung Galaxy Note 7

S&S Cruisers 1983

I read a thread where someone asked if Carnival was restricting the use of the bad samsung phones and no one knew the answer. I found this today on the Carnival site. Sorry if this is a repeat but couldn't find anything in the search.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4088/related/1

I read a thread where someone asked if Carnival was restricting the use of the bad samsung phones and no one knew the answer. I found this today on the Carnival site. Sorry if this is a repeat but couldn't find anything in the search.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4088/related/1

I wonder if any of the airlines have issued any warnings about this?

The FAA has also issued guidelines saying they shouldn't be charged or even turned on while on an aircraft. There was a small fire caused by one on a Delta flight from Norfolk to Atlanta a week or two ago. It was extinguished quickly and no one was hurt.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Wonder if they'll be smart enough to be able to identify the good ones (that pose no risk) compared to the dangerous ones? I was sitting next to a passenger while flying to Vegas that flipped out when she saw that I had a Note 7. I tried to explain to her that this was the replacement one and there was no danger. You would have thought I was carrying an IED in my pocket the way she was acting.

Wonder if they'll be smart enough to be able to identify the good ones (that pose no risk) compared to the dangerous ones? I was sitting next to a passenger while flying to Vegas that flipped out when she saw that I had a Note 7. I tried to explain to her that this was the replacement one and there was no danger. You would have thought I was carrying an IED in my pocket the way she was acting.

They told my son on a flight last week that all Samsung devices needed to be left off. Didn't matter what kind it was as they weren't going to try and decipher which model it was.

They told my son on a flight last week that all Samsung devices needed to be left off. Didn't matter what kind it was as they weren't going to try and decipher which model it was.

Ugh - i was worried about that. I have a Note 5 and wife has an S6 Edge and daughter has an S6. I understand them not wanting to have to try and learn the subtle differences between phone generations but that doesn't mean I'd be happy with the inconvenience.

It's probably karma repaying me for laughing at the co-worker who just had his S7 a day before they recalled them. He was so excited to be getting it and then had to send it back lol.

:D

While I'm sure yours IS fine/you were telling the truth, don't you think everyone would just say, "Naw, it's the replacement one, don't worry" if they were banning others and letting it through if you said that?

Unless there is a literal way to determine it with ease (they cannot be conducting massive inspections on these kinds of travel venues...), what else can they do?

While I'm sure yours IS fine/you were telling the truth, don't you think everyone would just say, "Naw, it's the replacement one, don't worry" if they were banning others and letting it through if you said that?

Unless there is a literal way to determine it with ease (they cannot be conducting massive inspections on these kinds of travel venues...), what else can they do?

The new ones have a bright green battery indicator. The old ones have a white one. Very easy to tell the difference. The problem is, they would have to know that and I highly doubt that they will. I now wonder just how long will they enforce a ban? They are now putting a warning that pops up constantly on the old ones telling them to immediately stop using them. I don't see a lot of people keeping the old ones much longer.

If they're not going to take the time to decipher the model number who expects they will take the time to decipher the brand? And who has ever had their phone inspected by the airlines (or cruise lines) to begin with??

If they're not going to take the time to decipher the model number who expects they will take the time to decipher the brand? And who has ever had their phone inspected by the airlines (or cruise lines) to begin with??

It's a whole lot easier to look and see that it's a Samsung device vs say an iPhone without inspecting it. I'm just reporting what happened.

And there has been no reason up until now for anyone to inspect a cell phone has there?

Edited by firemanbobswife

Glad I didn't upgrade my S5, hubby has a J7 but won't be taking it. Shouldn't have too much trouble telling the difference. S4 & 5's are much smaller. But I can't blame them. Too many people claiming "it was fixed" or "it's not a note", now they won't have to deal with it.

Probably an iPhone user just jealous of a superior phone.

It's a whole lot easier to look and see that it's a Samsung device vs say an iPhone without inspecting it. I'm just reporting what happened.

And there has been no reason up until now for anyone to inspect a cell phone has there?

I think that depends on the cover it has on it. But I agree, comparing an iPhone to a Android is easy. Comparing one Android to another is more difficult and almost impossible depending on the cover used.

No, there hasn't been a reason and I still don't think any of the cruise lines are going to demand to see your phone when going through the security lines.