Carnival restricting Samsung Galaxy Note 7

S&S Cruisers 1983

Its all been sorted.

Don't believe everything the fanboys tell ya. :p

Been sorted that the batteries catch on fire and the affected phones shouldn't be used. I don't care what brand it happens to be, if there's a recall due to a real danger, then that's enough for me. Kind of like the hover boards which are still banned.

I wonder if any of the airlines have issued any warnings about this?

Delta had warnings at the terminal last week in Palm Beach and Atlanta; phone could not be in checked luggage and was not to be used or charged in flight.

into and out of Orlando this week United Airlines announced that all Samsung S7 would have to be turned off.

Why?

Sounds like Samsung are being victimised in the US like they have been in US courts!

Not even aware of a single problem with the S7.

No, not really. Not like you can just run out of the plane like you can a building.

And the phone is not a bomb and would cause no damage to an aircraft that couldn't be handled quickly. Also, the issues happens with some phones and from what I understand, only during charging which pretty much never happens on a plane.

But folks can run around screaming the sky is falling if they want. ;)

And the phone is not a bomb and would cause no damage to an aircraft that couldn't be handled quickly. Also, the issues happens with some phones and from what I understand, only during charging which pretty much never happens on a plane.

If you're on a new Airbus every seat has a USB port for charging devices.

There are also charging ports in First Class, as well as other classes of aircraft including coach on some airlines. People also bring along charging devices. "Exploding" batteries is pretty much like a bomb. There is no such thing as a minor fire aboard an aircraft. Perhaps you might not think it's a big deal, but I do! I can assure you that they wouldn't be banned if there wasn't a real risk. Here's an interesting article:

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7-recall

Edited by firemanbobswife

Maybe the person you responded to meant to say Note 7 and not S7.

It was you who posted the link which was meant to be proof there is a problem with the S7

'Maybe this response might have been a better reply instead of trying to back up a false claim.

It was you who posted the link which was meant to be proof there is a problem with the S7

'Maybe this response might have been a better reply instead of trying to back up a false claim.

I never mentioned the S7, your honor. I was posting information about the Note 7, which is what the thread title was about. God forbid some other member make a mistake in S7 versus Note 7. We'll make them walk the plank. May the witness step down now? :rolleyes:

Edited by LMaxwell

You obviously don't fly much. I have charged my phone and/or iPad on every overseas and about half of the domestic flights I've been in over the past couple of years.

I never mentioned the S7, your honor. I was posting information about the Note 7, which is what the thread title was about. God forbid some other member make a mistake in S7 versus Note 7. We'll make them walk the plank. May the witness step down now? :rolleyes:

I asked why the poster was complaining about the S7 and you posted the link. You can claim you were posting info about the Note, but we both know that would be a porkie.

Now get on the plank. :D

I asked why the poster was complaining about the S7 and you posted the link. You can claim you were posting info about the Note, but we both know that would be a porkie.

Now get on the plank. :D

I don't speak gibberish, Guv'nor.

I don't speak gibberish, Guv'nor.

I'm sure if you'd meant "they are confused and meant the Note 7" you would have said that instead of the link you post which mentions the S7 in its opening paragraph.

Keep digging. :D

Ugh - i was worried about that. I have a Note 5 and wife has an S6 Edge and daughter has an S6. I understand them not wanting to have to try and learn the subtle differences between phone generations but that doesn't mean I'd be happy with the inconvenience.

It's probably karma repaying me for laughing at the co-worker who just had his S7 a day before they recalled them. He was so excited to be getting it and then had to send it back lol.

:D

That is annoying to hear. I still have the note 2 which has gone with my on every cruise so far.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Or just someone that didn't want to die a fiery death by falling out of the sky. Can't say as I blame them.

Don't fly Boeing then. Who knows if they really fixed the exploding batteries in their 787s, and most people wouldn't know the difference between a 737 and a 787.

Don't fly Boeing then. Who knows if they really fixed the exploding batteries in their 787s, and most people wouldn't know the difference between a 737 and a 787.

Single aisle versus a dual aisle wide body. Um yeah, somehow I think people would know the difference.