Boarding time at Ft lauderdale

daka

This is our first cruise on Princess (10/22/16)

We received or docs today and boarding time for ALOHA deck is given as 1:30...

We have 15 Celebrity cruises and 5 on R/C, we usually get to the port about 11 since we live 15 minutes from the port, and are usually on board and having lunch by 12...( my walking is getting a bit slow, so we try to avoid the "late crush"

So, at what time does Princess START boarding....?

Looking forward to a "new experience on Princess"

21 Days to go.....

Check-in usually begins around 11 (the line starts around 10) and boarding around noon. Normally you can go directly to your cabin upon boarding. Check the back page of the Patter (it should be in your cabin) to find out which MDR is offering lunch from noon to 1:30. Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by capriccio

I am on that cruise too!

Like a previous poster said, the line up normally starts around 10. There will be 2 lines: one for preferred--Elite, Platinum and Suite passengers, and another for the other passengers. The preferred line will go first. We typically get through the line (once it moves) in a couple of minutes. Then people are sorted into different waiting areas. Suites and Elite passengers go to one area- and they board first, Platinum go to another area- they board second. Then there is a general boarding area.

It is typically very organized.

Nothing to add to the advice given above other than to note that unless you are in a Suite, you won't be on the ship having lunch by noon. Ignore the stated boarding time for Aloha Deck. That means nothing. Boarding for Suites and Elites will begin at noon. If you are one of those, noon or close to noon is possible. If you are not an early boarder, figure on closer to 12:30.

Nothing to add to the advice given above other than to note that unless you are in a Suite, you won't be on the ship having lunch by noon. Ignore the stated boarding time for Aloha Deck. That means nothing. Boarding for Suites and Elites will begin at noon. If you are one of those, noon or close to noon is possible. If you are not an early boarder, figure on closer to 12:30.

I have cruised out of FLL a couple of times... The earliest they have ever boarded preferred is 11:30. You are absolutely correct. The earliest they normally board is 12. (Unless they are disembarking about 600 hungover Spring Breakers- then it is closer to 12:30 for preferred-- as in March of 2016:eek:)

We have 15 Celebrity cruises and 5 on R/C, we usually get to the port about 11 since we live 15 minutes from the port, and are usually on board and having lunch by 12...( my walking is getting a bit slow, so we try to avoid the "late crush"

21 Days to go.....

You can get to the port at your usual 11 and may check-in. Priority boarding as previously posted are however being followed.

It will be my first time boarding in Port Everglades just like the OP. So my question -is the preferred line after you get in the building or is the preferred line outside the building?

So for elite ,platinum , & suites etc. do those special lines happen outside or inside? Just want to know what to look for .

I mostly board in San Pedro and everyone goes through the same door doesn't matter what your status is . Then you Fill out the health questionnaire and then go upstairs( escalator or elevator ) to do the actual check in and that's where the preferred lines are.

Is this similar in Port Everglades?

Julie

It will be my first time boarding in Port Everglades just like the OP. So my question -is the preferred line after you get in the building or is the preferred line outside the building?

So for elite ,platinum , & suites etc. do those special lines happen outside or inside? Just want to know what to look for .

I mostly board in San Pedro and everyone goes through the same door doesn't matter what your status is . Then you Fill out the health questionnaire and then go upstairs( escalator or elevator ) to do the actual check in and that's where the preferred lines are.

Is this similar in Port Everglades?

Julie

Terminal 2 has two lines outside the building. When we boarded the Royal a year ago, the preferred (suites, elites and platinum) line was the outer line and the regular line was the inner line along the side of the terminal. The area is covered and I think there were signs hanging from the roof or on easels at the front of the lines. Both lines were quite long by the time they started check in a little after 11 am. At that time they were only letting the preferred line in. We (elites) got in the building after about 10 - 15 minutes but the preferred line was still very long. I have no idea when they started processing the regular line.

21 Days to go.....

They will not let you in the building till noon and then you check in and sit a while.

Is there seating in the waiting area? We've never cruised from Fort Lauderdale, thanks for the info. :)

Yes, and no.

Lots of people like to start lining up outside the building,

some as early as 9:00.

They usually open the doors, and let people pass through

security and into the building between 10:30 and 11:00;

and start boarding around 12:00.

The line up outside the building -- no seating.

Once you enter the building, and pass through security,

there is seating while you wait.

I did once see two people who arrived at 9:00 -- so they

could be the first in line -- they had folding camping chairs

they were sitting in at the beginning of the line outside

the building. Wierd.

I did once see two people who arrived at 9:00 -- so they

could be the first in line -- they had folding camping chairs

they were sitting in at the beginning of the line outside

the building. Wierd.

Sometimes it difficult to judge when to arrive when your driving- especially when it's a workday. If you wait till 10:30 you'll hit traffic which can sometimes be bad. If you get there earlier & you'll just have to wait a little longer but I'd rather wait on line than be caught up in a traffic jam.

It's your choice.

It's usually after 1-2 when we arrive and there is no need to sit. Checking in takes about 15 minutes and we go straight to our cabin. Lunch in a nice, quiet restaurant is more appealing to us than the madness of the first day buffet! Once we arrived just before 3, and we were almost alone--the photographer had already gone. Maybe that was cutting it too close!

Aren't there a few benches outside along the wall for those waiting in line? I usually wait on the bench with the luggage while Mrs Zooguy stays in line.

Yes. A few. I would guess there are 15-20 seats total outside the

building. I don't think those will go very far with 500+ people in line.

If someone is concerned about having to stand, I wouldn't count on

a bench seat.

It's usually after 1-2 when we arrive and there is no need to sit. Checking in takes about 15 minutes and we go straight to our cabin. Lunch in a nice, quiet restaurant is more appealing to us than the madness of the first day buffet! Once we arrived just before 3, and we were almost alone--the photographer had already gone. Maybe that was cutting it too close!

I once boarded with the photographers & they shut the door behind us as people were just getting out of the muster drill.

I don't want to that again. :eek: