Excursion waitlist question

Sea and Me

We tried to get an excursion, when on board, and were put on a wait list . I believe that when there are enough passengers on the same wait list, Princess will do the math and put on another bus. Our bus was a 50 seater and only half full, jolly jolly !. Our tickets were put in our post box outside our cabin door late evening the night before our trip. :)

We've been on 2 excursion wait lists. 1 we cleared around 1-2 months before the cruise, and we found out by logging in and seeing it was now showing as confirmed. The other one we never did clear; we checked right up until we boarded and didn't hear anything once onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We tried to get an excursion, when on board, and were put on a wait list . I believe that when there are enough passengers on the same wait list, Princess will do the math and put on another bus. Our bus was a 50 seater and only half full, jolly jolly !. Our tickets were put in our post box outside our cabin door late evening the night before our trip. :)
:)- Addendum-:) You can also check your account on PRINCESS@SEA. If you have been successful and made it off the wait list with your booking, it comes up as a charge. Like wise if you have laundry done, as soon as there is a charge posted on your account it's ready for your steward to collect. Good thing PRINCESS@SEA

We have used the wait list twice and have never made it even with our elevated status. Normally we book our ship excursions soon after they are offered. One of the advantages besides being on the excursion is that several times the price of the excursion has increased before the ship sailed. The last cruise we turned in two excursion reservations as we decided to do something else. However both excursions were not sold out.

I hope the OP gets to do the excursion they are wait listed.

How many of you were ever waitlisted for an excursion and actually were notified that you received it?? We are waitlisted and hopefully get it.

Thank you for your answer.

I put 2 excursions on the wish list in the personalizer. We had tickets waiting in our cabin when we boarded for one of them, never did get tickets for the other.

I never received any kind of notice from Princess that we were confirmed for the excursion but also never checked back on the personalizer to see if the Wish List excursions were moved to Confirmed.

We are a family of 10 cruising Thanksgiving week RT LA to Puerto Vallarta.

My 4 grandkids are waitlisted for the Dolphin Encounter in PV @ 12:15 and I was told by a phone rep they are the only 4 on the waitlist. The 6 adults require a companion ticket since not going in the water. 2 adults are confirmed and 4 adults are waitlisted. We collectively decided we either all go or none will go.

Since the aquarium venue shows availability, and the cruise is still weeks away doesn''t it seem likely we should all clear the waitlist? (or is this my naive wishful thinking). I prefer to book through Princess since we have lots of SBC. There are no other excursions offered that appeal to our wide age group.

Thank you for your thoughts.