Excursion Sale or NOT?

myfuzzy

I got a heads up on a "sale" for shore excursions, went into my personalizer and was able to cancel and rebook one I had already reserved, saved a few bucks, paid for a couple of Caribbean cocktails, Then we decided we might want to do another and went back in to my personalizer to check on other island excursions. I have the word in red SALE at the top of my excursion tab, but when I go into all the islands to check....no sale(s) on any of them. Are they capacity controlled? If so, why wouldn't they remove the "sale" logo. Anyone else see this?

I noticed that this afternoon, but when I actually booked one of them the total was lower than the regular price, so they're still on sale. They're just not displaying the sale prices until you book.

Same experience here on our November cruise. The original price showed all the way through the booking process but once we confirmed the reservation (to pay later on board) it showed the 10% reduction. I printed that page just in case the sale gets forgotten later...

I noticed the red sale banner, but prices were all the same as what I've already booked. Are all excursions on sale or just certain ones? I'm afraid if I cancel, then try to rebook, they will suddenly be unavailable. Since we are traveling with friends, that would not be a good thing.

I went to the excursion page in my reservation and scrolled down to the list of my booked excursions. I then clicked edit to see what the prices would be. Because it lists the price when I made a reservation and the sale price I could see which ones where cheaper. I then went to the page to look at excursions. If there was still space left at the time I wanted for an excursion I cancelled my excursion and rebooked. I saved over $130 for 4 reservations. It was worth it for me.

Thank you - I went to look at mine & all but one had gone up in price. The other stayed the same. Hubby & I are taking different excursions as he is diving with a friend & I'm snorkeling with a non-diving friend.

At least you can make reservations....don't complain. I booked a cruise this week through a TA and created an account on Princess....but there is absolutely no way to associate the cruise with that account, even though I have a princess number and the number is on the reservation. There is no way for me to enter my princess number on my princess account on Princess.com. Brilliant design!!!!!

I am told by the princess rep that maybe sometime in the next week or so, the system will automatically figure out my princess number based on something...(she didn't know).

Maybe I can make them some other way.....maybe I have to call and spend an hour or so on the phone with a rep to figure out what we want to do. Frustrating.

Edited by ghstudio

Excursions on our upcoming cruise are also on sale. On the Australian website, the prices are showing with a slash through the original price and the new price underneath. I was able to cancel and rebook our excursions at a reduced price. Cancelling a couple of really expensive ones was really worth while :) Hope everyone else manages to save a few dollars.

On mine, big words SALE, no slashes

Mine too! In fact I just booked another excursion and it didn't even come up confirmed, it just disappeared! On checking my list of reserved excursions, there it was and the discount had been applied.

Mine too! In fact I just booked another excursion and it didn't even come up confirmed, it just disappeared! On checking my list of reserved excursions, there it was and the discount had been applied.

Yeah, for the HAY of it, I booked an excursion, went through the process, at the confirmation it showed full price, I went to "my excursions" there it was with the discount applied, got me by the sneakers, but any discount, is a Caribbean cocktail :)

Yeah, for the HAY of it, I booked an excursion, went through the process, at the confirmation it showed full price, I went to "my excursions" there it was with the discount applied, got me by the sneakers, but any discount, is a Caribbean cocktail :)

Absolutely, I have now saved enough for 4 cocktails!!!:D

At least you can make reservations....don't complain. I booked a cruise this week through a TA and created an account on Princess....but there is absolutely no way to associate the cruise with that account, even though I have a princess number and the number is on the reservation. There is no way for me to enter my princess number on my princess account on Princess.com. Brilliant design!!!!!

I am told by the princess rep that maybe sometime in the next week or so, the system will automatically figure out my princess number based on something...(she didn't know).

Maybe I can make them some other way.....maybe I have to call and spend an hour or so on the phone with a rep to figure out what we want to do. Frustrating.

Had the same problem in the past. Go directly to the cruise personalizer page ( https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/index.page?company=PC ) instead of the princess.com login, and log in using the alternative login at the right hand side of the page (the one with birth date, booking code, etc). You'll get right in to being able to book excursions, etc, despite it not linking yet to your princess.com login. We've had it take days and days to link personalizer to princess.com logins, and sometimes not until after a cruise :eek: It's a slight pain to do the separate login to personalizer all the time, but it gives the same access, at least.

Went through long phone conversations to get to the bottom of this exact same problem and was just told it takes time to settle out, and it's not consistent. For a multi-cabin booking, had a blue, gold, and platinum in one cabin. Even though both gold and platinum numbers themselves were recognized immediately by the system, the gold person had the personalizer linked to their princess.com login within 2-3 days, while for the platinum person it took almost two weeks. There's no rhyme or reason, and by the way, for a new blue cruiser, was told it will not link until after the trip! As an aside, the other snafu we had in a different cabin, was one person initially booked without their existing Captain's number, so the system assigned them a new blue-status number, and we had to go through hoops to get them remapped into their existing original number, merge the trip points, kill the erroneous new number, etc.... but it eventually worked out.

Edited by yuccaman

Had the same problem in the past. Go directly to the cruise personalizer page ( https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/index.page?company=PC ) instead of the princess.com login, and log in using the alternative login at the right hand side of the page (the one with birth date, booking code, etc). You'll get right in, despite it not linking yet to your princess.com login. We've had it take days and days to link, or sometimes not until after a cruise :eek:

That's really weird, once you have booked, you are given the confirmation number, which is immediately attached to your account. I have booked, on the phone with a non Princess TA, and logged into my personalizer at the same time, the booking appeared. Unless, you are booking with a non Princess TA, and they are not in communication with Princess for you, are not booking your cruise at that time, that would make me go Hmmmm.

The IT Gremlins invaded the Princess shorex pages! When I went into my booking, I found the lower rates and began to delete the first excursion, but only one person was deleted and the program refused to book at the reduced rate - plus there was no box or icon to delete the second person. Rather than deal with the frustration, I called Princess, only on hold for about 3 minutes and the rep who handled the call said there have been issues with deleting and re-booking - some excursions were sold out and when passengers went to re-book at the lower rate, the few second delay resulted in lost reservations. So, I politely asked her to take care of the 3 reservations for me - it took her less time than it does for me to log into my booking! When I refreshed my browser, I found I saved enough for a bottle of Danzante.

Darcy

I called Princess yesterday and got the sale price on all 4 excursions I had reserved

Same here - someone on the roll call posted about the sale. I was calling Princess for something else and asked about the sale and she just went ahead a got me the sale price. Enough saved to probably cover my drink tab!!

That's really weird, once you have booked, you are given the confirmation number, which is immediately attached to your account. I have booked, on the phone with a non Princess TA, and logged into my personalizer at the same time, the booking appeared. Unless, you are booking with a non Princess TA, and they are not in communication with Princess for you, are not booking your cruise at that time, that would make me go Hmmmm.

You've misread my post. YES, the cruise is in personalizer. That's what I said. My discussion was re: personailzer not linking correctly to princess.com general login so that you can access it from there, hence, my instructions to @ghstudio how to be able to access personalizer alternatively and book their tours.

Edited by yuccaman

You've misread my post. YES, the cruise is in personalizer. That's what I said. My discussion was re: personailzer not linking correctly to princess.com general login so that you can access it from there, hence, my instructions to OP how to be able to access it alternatively and book their tours.

Sorry, our posts must have crossed, I was reading your original paragraph, when you edited. Your edit explains what the issue was, I am glad they were able to straighten it out. Of course they are dealing with thousands of bookings, a snag may occur now and again.

I have looked at Princess.com a few times since I saw this post. I am in the US. I see no mention of an excursion sale anywhere. If I attempt to select and book an excursion via my personalizer I only get the regular price. Is this a sale for everyone in all countries, only specific regions, specific cruises, What??? Anyone know? I'd like to try getting a little discount wherever I can.