Kyss bags...are they worth it?

will_travel17

We have been using our Kyss bag for quite a while now and I would say that it's a worthy purchase. I like not depending upon "possible lockers". We use our bag in lots of places both on vacation and off. We have the large size because we sometimes need lots of bag space but when we don't need as much space it is not a problem as the bag crushes into a small space. We are actually very light travelers (one backpack for 7 nights) and this bag is totally worth the real estate in our backpacks. We have locked our bag to all kinds of items but mostly loungers when at the beach. We lock it down and then push it under the chair and have never had an instance where we felt we had to keep an eye on it.

I purchased one for our first cruise earlier this year. We aren't beach people but did make good use of the lock on both of our snorkeling excursions. I was able to lock the bag up to one of the bench legs on the boat while we were in the water. Also locked it to the chair leg while sitting in the airport. I have a large one and it worked well as our carry on bag too. I think it was well worth the money.

I have been to over 35 countries, flown nearly 2 million miles, and to a multitude of vacation scenarios and in all that time I have never once felt compelled/need to lock my bag to any sort of object.

I have invested in a waterproof neck carrying case for my phone. I usually slip a $20 and a credit card behind it if going to a beach break.

This little thing was great for me. It is a waterproof case with neck strap that lets you use your iphone from inside the "baggie" to take photos. i also bought a floating wrist strap for just in case it got dropped in the water.

Swim coverup, magazines, towels and flip flops don't need to be locked up IMHO which are the only other things I bring to the beach.

JOTO Universal Waterproof Case

Waterproof Camera Float (2-pack)

We often find ourselves at the beach with phones, go pro, and other items that if stolen would cost us big money, time or convenience. All of these CAN be made waterproof and hung around our necks, but that doesn't lend to a fun time in the water, so we don't. I own a great waterproof lanyard that holds my phone and I have used in on a few occasions to take pics underwater or in a generally wet/sandy environment, but it goes back into my bag when I am done with it. I just don't care for swimming with stuff around my neck.

My credentials : I have been to fewer than 10 countries and don't keep track of how many miles I have flown. You may want to take my advice with a grain of sand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We don't take much of value to places like beaches, where we may have to leave stuff alone for a bit. We can keep an eye on our "spot" on the beach....and credit cards, ID and ship card (yes, even cash) can get wet...a velcro pocket on hubby's swim trunks works well. No one wants your shorts or t-shirt!

A sharp knife will make its way through the canvas of the bag with no problem. Ditto most materials short of kevlar.

It's a gimmick bag - and they effectively sell it as a portable safe. Which it is not.

Why would you use a knife when you can open the bag with a pen?

Why would you use a knife when you can open the bag with a pen?

Not quite as simple with metal zippers (which still exist). A blade works regardless.

Have not looked at the KYSS bag in detail, but if it has the nylon zip, then that is a simple process.

For the beach I use the Blue Sky Waterproof waist bags. Better than the lanyards as they don't float in front of your face when snorkeling. I used them in Hawaii at 4 Islands and they kept everything dry...Cell phone, cash and credit cards. They are available at Amazon and I think you get 2 for $20.00. They are big enough for a cell phone and other small items.

We often find ourselves at the beach with phones, go pro, and other items that if stolen would cost us big money, time or convenience. All of these CAN be made waterproof and hung around our necks, but that doesn't lend to a fun time in the water, so we don't. I own a great waterproof lanyard that holds my phone and I have used in on a few occasions to take pics underwater or in a generally wet/sandy environment, but it goes back into my bag when I am done with it. I just don't care for swimming with stuff around my neck.

My credentials : I have been to fewer than 10 countries and don't keep track of how many miles I have flown. You may want to take my advice with a grain of sand.

I always make sure my swimsuits have a pocket with a full velcro closure or a zipper. I put my drivers license and cash in it. So far, no one has turned down wet cash--although they may gripe about it. My camera is waterproof, so it goes into the water with me. All that's left for the beach are our shoes and towels and reading materials.

I don't own a KYSS bag, but I think that a thief with a knife or a pen at a bag would certainly be conspicuous. Wouldn't they prefer a bag that is just sitting there ripe for the taking without any fuss? This also applies to bags hanging on the back of chairs in restaurants.